PDA

View Full Version : Should I kill myself?

Baron Sprite
05-24-2002, 09:59 PM
Yeah life sucks... just wondering what everyone else thinks ;)

TheClaus
05-25-2002, 02:23 AM
Baron I am going to give you some advice that was giving to me by a very old and wise person.

Your mind is clouded with the Dark Side. Let go of your feelings and use the force.

Seriously though. Life can and will get better. You have to want it though. Just think without you we wouldn't of had the ability to make our own spells. That is something to be proud of.

Baltar
05-25-2002, 09:35 AM
Is it the economy or terrorists that got ya down?

Baron Sprite
05-25-2002, 04:43 PM
Having my entire life changed in a week of no sleep :(

Trumpcard
05-26-2002, 12:51 AM
Life is about change.. Its tough sometimes to accept it, but I've learned to embrace change as a chance to in the end make things better. I had a really tough year last year, losing my father, fiance of 7 years, and alot of other things, but I tried to use those things as an chance to grow rather than to sink into myself and let depression pull me down.. Its a tough thing to do, but I always remind myself that Im a warrior, not a cowering peasant, and the warriors path is to conqueor advesity, not let it overcome me. In the end. Most problems are fleeting things that tend to evaporate rather quickly... Be strong, and persevere, and you most likely come out a stronger and wiser man for them. The old addage is true, that which does not kill you makes you stronger.

As far as sleep goes, hey, that something you need to make time for!

DeletedUser
05-26-2002, 03:12 AM
This obviousely is innapropriate for the boards...

Baron Sprite
05-26-2002, 02:50 PM
howso? This is the off-topic board.

DeletedUser
05-26-2002, 03:36 PM
We didn't create the off topic board so you could ask everyone if you should commit suicide or not, thats morally wrong.

Trumpcard
05-26-2002, 08:03 PM
If were bringing up morals, I'd say morally wrong is ignoring someone's obvious cry for help... I'll admit, I don't think its the most proper thing to post, but to be honest with you, I'd rather him post something like this and give us a chance to make him feel better (slim chance i know, but a chance nonetheless) than to have someone post in a week that he took his own life. So often online I think people tend to forget that we're all just people on the other side of these connections... And above and beyond that, around here I'd say were a community. It's hard to associate online persona's as real people with real problems, i admittedly have that problem, one of the reasons i couldnt get into EQ communities, they were never real people to me, but the level of interaction here is alot different.
I think he's said what he needed to say, right or wrong... Better to just delete this whole thread than to let it continue.. It will become a philosophical debate im sure (not that Im opposed to that, I love a good debate)

Baron Sprite
05-26-2002, 09:50 PM
I felt like seeing what people would vote... if I decide to kill myself it will be regardless of what the result was :( I don't think I will, I just am in a rough stage of life, interested to see what people would say if questioned if someone should kill themself.

Shawn319
05-26-2002, 10:35 PM
If your seriously thinking about suicide then you need to tell someone. like your parents or a doctor or a teacher.

Baron Sprite
05-26-2002, 10:52 PM
I live with a roommate, and they know :o

Like I said before, I was just interested in what people would say. If I am going to kill myself I will commit myself to a mental hospital ;)

Trumpcard
05-27-2002, 01:07 AM
Probably one of those interesting little experiments, like out of a crowd of people standing there watching someone on a ledge, how many will start screaming 'jump'..

DeletedUser
05-27-2002, 02:47 AM
Who wants to know who voted yes? :rolleyes:

Baltar
05-27-2002, 06:40 AM
i'm guessing the 'yes' votes aren't real. I voted no by the way :)

Baron Sprite
05-27-2002, 09:27 AM
I want to :o

(Know who voted yes that is)

Schmuck
05-27-2002, 02:52 PM
I won't get into my philosophy, but a big part of it is that life does not matter. Once you are dead, who cares how rich you were? And everyone will die eventually. Your life is completely meaningless once you die.

So, personally, I don't want to die, but I don't care if I do. I don't actively try to preserve my life, though. I would gladly die for a stranger. But I am not going to kill myself, mainly because 1. it would make my family feel bad, 2. it would cost them a lot of money, and 3. it would require too much effort.

I mean, what's the point? Why do you want to kill yourself? It is better just to, instead, give up on your life, move to Amsterdam, and smoke weed for the rest of your life (or something :D). But don't waste time killing yourself when you could just give up, forget, and go off somewhere and have fun.

Or, you could seek counseling and continue with this life, or (better yet) do it without counseling. But don't die.

Baron Sprite
05-27-2002, 03:00 PM
Yeah I was basically thinking along those lines, I was pushed to the point of not wanting to deal with the pain anymore... I'm slowly going back to normal though, thanks for the kind words all :)

Trumpcard
05-28-2002, 12:21 AM
Well Baron, I mean, we love you man! What would we do without you around here?

As far as moving to Amsterdam... Hmmm.. Can't say I care much for the herbal benefits of living there, but the idea of being able to window shop for hookers! Hey, now that might be fun!! LOL

I learned to always keep at least one real loser for a friend, that way, anytime you feel bad you can call them up and realize how much better your life is in comparison. Everyone's got one of them..

'Hey man, how are ya?'

'We'll, my truck just broke down and I accidently shot my ol lady in the leg while we were fighting over the last piece of potroast, I go to court next week.'

See, it could always be worse...

Bastin
06-03-2002, 03:50 AM
nevermind ... I am a morbid Screwball..

chocobo
06-17-2002, 07:36 AM
Baron you helped me when i vfirst got here so i have alot of respect for you. so all i have to say is if you do it i m going to be mad ./cry:eek: