PDA

View Full Version : Many pets cast at safepoint

Belfedia
09-30-2005, 10:23 PM
When you zone, all zone pet aren't close caster but all in the safepoint.

This error is on all 0.6.2 emu
Just look this droga's screenshoot entrance in Peq server :
http://eqfroggy.ath.cx/Screens/bug01.jpg

You can find also one example when you zone in neriakc
All zone aren't touch by this bug. That very strange ? code or db bug ?

Sakrateri
10-01-2005, 03:06 AM
It seems any Mob not in the database gets sent to safe points, Have you tried to #spawn a mob? no matter where you stand he will be spawned at the safe point, You can NOT even summon it to you .....It makes it VERY difficult to spawn a zone when all the mobs spawn at one point ....

Belfedia
10-01-2005, 03:50 AM
This bug is'nt only on my server, it was on ALL PEQ velious RC1 server :)
Screenshoot is made on peq.
Pet aren't spawn by #spawn, just caster cast it but i don't know why, they spawn all on safe point (for droga and some other).

cavedude
10-01-2005, 04:38 AM
I tried re-creating this error here, with no luck. Pets followed me when I zoned, and #spawn placed the NPC right at my feet. I'm using the newest CVS compile and my own database. Maybe it's in the PEQ db.

Sakrateri
10-01-2005, 07:52 AM
do you have your database thats compatable with 6.2 available for download Cave or are you still working on it? also , any luck getting a perl compile working? the only one ive found so far crashes zone everytime I hail anyone.

cavedude
10-01-2005, 11:50 AM
http://eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?p=110779#post110779

Belfedia-1
10-09-2005, 06:33 PM
I have the same thing on your database, cavedude :(
If is'nt a database issue or program issue perhaps a client problem ?
I use last version of everquest , with my self backpatch and 0.6.2DR1 client original before 09/13.

fathernitwit
10-10-2005, 02:32 PM
this is a long running issue, you will notice if you #loc on the pets that the server thinks they are where they should be. something is off with the way we spawn them I believe... I would like to know what condition causes it though... if its when they sapwn before or after you are in zone, etc.

Belfedia
10-10-2005, 08:59 PM
Ok Fathernitwit, i try to explain with my bad english hehe :)

I use #zone to enter in droga.
When i appear, some pets are spawn and in 10 seconds all zone pets appear on me.
if i use #loc, i see the pet aren't here (i can't fight or cast on them).
But i can kill them with the #kill command (logic) and if i kill more, i can see pet's master spawn at the same place (when i zone / zone back)

I don't know for other server, but my zone is Static.
I use last 0.6.2 software and EQclient and many friends see this bug also.