PDA

View Full Version : OpenZone 6.4

Windcatcher
10-02-2005, 01:16 PM
A lot of little things in this installment:

1. Version 6.3 broke fly mode. This fixes it.
2. Fixed a problem where placed objects would tend to disappear when you rotate the zone around in birds-eye mode.
3. Expanded exporting to .XWF and the .XWF file specification: a new atom called "bsp-" is now supported. When you export to .XWF, a popup comes up asking you whether to use octrees or BSP trees. BSP nodes first begin like texture hashes in that the conain key-value pairs, and then have 4 doubles for the splitting plane's normal and distance, respectively.
4. Expanded the .XWF polygon flags so bit 2 refers to semitransparency. Transparency overrides semitransparency, as it does in OpenZone.
5. Animated textures are now properly exported to .XWF, as is the animation time. The key-value pairs in texture atoms have changed to support the new capabilities.

(If you've read this far, you're probably wondering why all the attention to .XWF. I have plans for it :D)

6. Cleaned up the radio buttons and check boxes at the bottom of the Ground Editor window to make it easier to read.
7. Moved the hint in the Ground Editor to the Names and Icons tabs since it only applies to them.
8. Moved the hint in the Water Properties window to the elliptical section since it applies to it.
9. Added an icon for exporting to and importing from .XWF, and made prettier icons for a couple of other things.
10. Experimenting with skinning (not real full-blown skinning, just trying to make it look nicer). On the main window, the movement arrows and compass now sit on an image. Also, the right pane (mesh selection, ground editing options, and display properties) now use a background image. I chose a color that is close to the 3D viewer background to make it look somewhat consistent.
11. Added a setting to Edit...Preferences that lets you turn off the zone dimensions that display above the movement arrows and compass.

OpenZone 6.4 is available here:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=88515&package_id=128908&release_id=360724

Cheers,

WC

JrFaust
10-02-2005, 02:59 PM
Nice catch on Fly Mode I was going to say something but I saw section 0 in the read me, and I wasn't sure if it was broken or if I was messing something up.