PDA

View Full Version : Two possibly dumb questions

strangess
10-13-2005, 11:25 AM
(1) Is there a main/popular "Project EQ" server around, or is it devoted to helping you run your own server

(2) What changes are necessary to play on a different server once you've got eqemu running on a given server ? I imagine any customized zones you'll need files compatibile with the new server, and the new ip addy...are any other changes needed ?

(3) Is there a real guide to setting up your own server anywhere ? if not, what should I read to learn how to do it please ?

Thanks, guess that was three....

Dr Zauis
10-13-2005, 11:37 AM
(1) Is there a main/popular "Project EQ" server around, or is it devoted to helping you run your own server

(2) What changes are necessary to play on a different server once you've got eqemu running on a given server ? I imagine any customized zones you'll need files compatibile with the new server, and the new ip addy...are any other changes needed ?

(3) Is there a real guide to setting up your own server anywhere ? if not, what should I read to learn how to do it please ?

Thanks, guess that was three....

1..PEQ The Grand Creation..Check the website..
2..If they have something like custom zones they will have a Patch for that. There are many that require nothing to be done except to have the correct version of eq to play.(6.2 requires 6.2 version of eq)
3..Check the wiki..http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=HomePage

EDIT>>> An easy way to get a server going is to use a server pack from Dark Rogue Productions..If you have a 6.2 client then just search for SP-2 or something like that.