PDA

View Full Version : miniLogin - Troubleshooting

EQEmu102
10-17-2005, 04:09 AM
OK, I can play EQ on other shards, works great. I am attempting to setup my own shard for testing purposes and I am doing it on 2 diff PCs. Eventually it will be 3 but 2 for now to keep it simple.

PC1 - hosts the server and database
PC2 - hosts the game client

Both systems are on the same private IP subnet 192.168.0.0

Following some of the great walkthroughs on the Wikkis I managed to get the database imported, minilogin starts, world starts, zone servers start.

I make the appropriate mod to 'eqhost.txt." to 192.168.0.60:5999

My problem is that when I try and connect it says it can not find the login server. Now further testing, I put in incorrect IP addresses in the EQhost.ini file on the client just to see what would happen and it instantly errors out saying cant connect. If I put in the correct IP it times out after about 30 seconds saying ti cannot find the login server. This leads me to believe that there is at least some kind of communication going on. Should I see any kind of activity on the minilogin console when clients are trying to connect? Or any activity on the world.exe console? At this point I'm just going through basic troubleshooting to make sure the client is hitting the emu because for all intents and puposes it doesnt look like it is.

I want to host my own login server database entirely seperate from the shared login servers. I am aware of the minilogin IP checking (Why do they do that BTW? I dont understand the logic of this. All it does is make it harder for people to host their own standalone servers.) I have made the appropriate IP entry into the admin account for the minilogin.

Any suggestions? I appear to have all the other stuff working 100%. Just login is killing me. Since I use the same client to play on other EQEmu servers no problem I know it's not my client.

Thanks

PS: As far as ports go, following the Wikki I setup the server.ini for port 5999.. world does connect to minilogin and sits there waiting. On the client side I set the port as 5999 as well.. Is that right?

Edit #2: After further reading and searches here I understand the reason for not releasing the login source code but why the IP restriction on the minilogin is still a mystery to me.

A Request: If anyone has a stand alone login server that works over the internet without the horsing around with IPs I would be intrested in speaking with you. Thanks in advance. Email me at daoc_news at hotmail dot com - Gratzie

EQEmu102
10-17-2005, 07:58 AM
Ok I fixed this. It was a client compatability issue.

For anyone else experiencing this kind of issue please look very closely at your client. Although it may work on some EQEmu servers it is most likely not fully compliant.

You need to be fully patched before 9/13 for minilogin and 6.2 server to work. Thats all I should really say about it.