PDA

View Full Version : Different IPs logging into same

tkd1991a
11-21-2005, 11:27 AM
I'm host a eqemu server on my laptop and logging into the server with the laptop for one account and my desktop for the other account. For some reason I always have the problem of login into the same account for both computers. Its like the system isn't recognizing the different IPs when I login.

I have DHCP turned off on the router as well.

Any suggestions?

Caskin
11-24-2005, 06:19 PM
You have static IP for laptop and desktop? when you log into game from desktop is it using account setup for laptop or account setup for laptop?

tkd1991a
12-16-2005, 02:38 AM
Sorry took so long.

When I log in with the laptop it usually logs into the desktop account even though on the worldserver it shows that the ip is different than the one I specified for the desktop.

and now I have a problem of the worldserver telling me that it doesn't see an account for the laptop....

I'll have to try copy the text and post it up for a better understanding

HurtinuDaily
12-19-2005, 07:01 AM
I have the exact same problem....

garim12
12-20-2005, 02:40 PM
I see the same thing on my server. I'm running 0.6.0 with minilogin. Two desktop machines, both with static IPs, work fine all the time. Then I introduced a laptop. The first time I log in with the laptop, it always shows the last account that was accessed with one of the desktop machines. Once I get to character select, I escape back to the login screen and log in again. Then it shows the account I wanted. It doesn't matter whether the laptop has a static or a dynamic IP. Not a big deal since I only do local logins with my brothers, so once I figured out that logging in a second time made the laptop work fine, then I just ignored the problem.

HurtinuDaily
12-21-2005, 03:43 AM
nice little bandaid fix I will try it out.
Thanks.

HurtinuDaily
01-03-2006, 08:12 AM
didnt work for me,

laptop 192.168.1.150 login as account1
desktop 192.168.1.151 login as account2

and I see the same toons for both computers, when I zone with one computer it boots of the other one.

minilogin is on 192.168.1.150
and I have inserted into accounts the correct information for my 2 accounts,
not sure....