PDA

View Full Version : Request for new Eqemu Admin Tool:

Ariak
05-26-2002, 02:46 AM
Add the new item flags :)

1) Combat Procs.
2) Skill Mods - such as a 15% backstab modification.. It won't have to function, just so it looks 'real.'

:o)

Ariak
05-27-2002, 04:42 AM
3.) Required Level flag
4.) Artifact 'type' item.

:)

wurmslayer2k
05-27-2002, 07:50 AM
Aye that would be very cool.

Ariak
05-27-2002, 08:30 AM
Just some simple additions. Maybe. :P

h37lion
06-12-2002, 01:41 PM
Access to the mysql database is real slow as well... are there any ways to speed this up? (off topic, and I apoligize)

Trumpcard
06-12-2002, 01:46 PM
Run it on linux, compile it for speed, use one of the higher memory configurations for it.

Lots of tips online for optimizing a mysql server. If your on linux, try compiling it yourself with the best optimization flags you can put your mitts on (-funroll-loops -O3 or -O6 if you can get it to work..) I've got a thread in the linux forum with resources for it. If you're on windows, you dont have quite as many options short of looking into the code for ways to optimize the queries..

h37lion
06-12-2002, 02:36 PM
im on windows... being on linux would be nice for this... do not have that option though!

do the newer versions of mysql allow quicker database access? or is it purely the database itself?

Lyenu X`Arie
06-12-2002, 06:16 PM
The slowness of the admin tools is NOT the queries. It is the libraries that communicate with mySQL that are slow. C++ and web languages such as PHP and PERL have the fastest connection to mysql...

Windcatcher
06-13-2002, 01:28 AM
Another reason the spawns are slow is that the tool does a LOT of DB lookups on those tables. The database tends to store things as ID numbers, so to make things more readable the tool does lookups on the IDs to retrieve meaningful names when rendering the table on the screen. If I added code to cache the info I might be able to make it run faster, but it isn't easy.

WC

Hardy
06-14-2002, 05:57 AM
Idea for faster spawn table load:

This might sound confusing :p It first pops up, and u get the option of seeing the whole thing, or you can type in an ID number of the mob you want to see, like you want to see mob #1532 you just type that in and it pops up, or if you want to see a couple mobs you could type in 2937, 3947, 2036, etc... One more thing, if you want to only see the first 100 mobs, you could type 1-100. Don't know if that would be hard to do, just an idea.

Also it don't say what zone the mob is in, that would help ALOT, easier than going into the game and having to type #showstat, you could just add an option to look at the mobs in Fear Plane and it will pop up every mob thats in fear plane with there id#.
Would help me alot with making my old database compatible with the newer versions of the emu :)

Thats just my 2cp

Windcatcher
06-14-2002, 06:20 AM
It shows the zone. If you select the zone in the drop-down at the bottom it shows only those mobs in that zone. It never shows all mobs across all zones, only those for a particular zone.

WC

Hardy
06-14-2002, 05:49 PM
That don't show the npc id# nor the name of the mob or the level/class etc.... U need to add that to that section so its easier to lvl mobs in a zone without missing one. I could use the quest helper to get the npc id#'s but its not compatible with win98 :(
I am talking about in the NPC Types tab, I see where u are talking about though.