PDA

View Full Version : Unconfirmed agility bug? (0.6.2/PEQ DB)

stinkbeer
11-28-2005, 06:43 AM
Hello,

I probly found a strange agility bug. This bug makes you for 80% dodging/evading attacks from mobs

I shall explain it a bit:

When i make a new toon and use command: #level 65
Enquip it with GoD items.

but when i start to hit a con red mob. The mob self is attacking me but he cant hit me for 80% of the time.
In the zone window i get the following message (after a few seconds of fight):
[Error] Error in Client::acmod(): Agility: 499, Level: 65

The problem i think is that my base agility is verry high so that the mob must roll a verry verry high dice number to hit me. (my stats are unchanged btw when i press in game on I)

I have a short workaround for this and that is the following:
Use command: #level to ding you 62 from lvl 1 (havn't tryed higer)

use the next command: #setxp 9999999 a couple of times to ding you 65 due big xp boosts.

When i enquip my xpboosted toon with the same gear the mob hits me almost like as on a live server and i dont evade/dodge 80% of his attacks. (with the same AA's)

BTW.
If you allready used #level 65 to get your toon 65 and you use #level 62 to downlevel him you still get the agility bug in your Zone.exe window.

Can someone confirm this ? (cant find this bug in the Wiki)

Greetings,

Stinkbeer.

dclark
11-30-2005, 04:43 PM
I had the same problem you were having with my server. I make a toon lvl him to 70 and get the best gear I could find. Then I would attack mobs around my lvl and never get hit and trying fighting lvl 100 mobs and when they finaly hit me would almost one shot me.

This error has nothing to do with it. It just means that your agility to over the cap and it can't calculate the AC for the left over agility. The reason the mobs can't hit you is because their stats are too low. Use the command #showstats on one. You will proubly see their stats at 70 exept for INT witch should be 105, but that doesn't madder in change to hit calcs. Stats are a important factor in the change to hit calcs so if your wearing top end gear your stats will be far over the mob's. I put this in the code in npc.cpp

if(STR < 255 && level >= 70)
STR = 255;
if(STR < 200 && level >= 65)
STR = 200;
if(STR < 180 && level >= 60)
STR = 180;
if(STR < 150 && level >= 51)
STR = 150;
if(STR < 120 && level >= 41)
STR =120;
if(STR < 105 && level >= 31)
STR =105;
if(STR < 95 && level >= 21)
STR = 95;
if(STR < 85 && level >= 11)
STR = 85;
if(STR < 75)
STR = 75;

A simple code kind of long, but hey it works. I did the same for all the stats int and wis I think were a little different. The second problem is since PoP, armor now has avoidance. This makes hitting you much harder so unless you find a way to add accuracy to a mob's change to hit they will still have a harder time to hit than you.

stinkbeer
12-07-2005, 10:44 PM
Thnxs.

Shall try to change it tonite when i have some spare time :-)

HurtinuDaily
12-08-2005, 06:21 AM
Has the same probalem, could you just change the mobs stats in the database for eqemu 6.3dr1?

fathernitwit
12-09-2005, 02:50 AM
yes, stats were added to the database some time recently.

Anybody have a good formula for filling out mob stats in the database based on level and race/class?

HurtinuDaily
12-09-2005, 08:48 AM
Wish I knew more about mysql, I am going to figure it out this weekend, and if its not posted by monday I'll post it, as I have no Inet at home atm.

Belfedia
12-09-2005, 11:13 PM
Formula are'nt same than player ?
http://www.magelo.com/forum_c.html?forum_num=41
Fill in automatic mode is very hard i think :( we need to make base stats race and use player formula for level ?

fathernitwit
12-10-2005, 09:52 AM
the formulas are the same (thanks for the magelo link, good info... will have to check them some day), its the stats behind them (STR, DEX, etc...) which need to be setup properly. right now all mobs basically have 75 on all stats.

HurtinuDaily
12-15-2005, 09:43 AM
I posted some simple formulas here, note this only works for version 6.3
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19815