PDA

View Full Version : where can i get the patch version for EQEmu?

Mihochan98
12-26-2005, 05:09 PM
I have searched every single corner of this forums and i couldnt find any info about it :s

im sorry if i didnt pay attention or what, i was bored searching for something to do and found this website, decided to try it out, installed my EQ+Kunark CD did everything the Wiki said and now i have no idea on how to get the correct version to be able to play on EQEmu servers =/

Again im sorry if i missed any useful info about this that was already on the forums, please link them if they exist.

again, thanks for the help.

wize_one
12-26-2005, 05:36 PM
Warez Is NOT Allowed
-This includes the transfer of any copyrighted material, including EQ Files and backpatches. Requesting files, even in a PM, will result in a ban.

see the sig

mikenune
12-26-2005, 08:10 PM
The "patch version" comes in two flavors. The easiest to find out is the date of your last patch. Right now, that's 09/13/2005 (meaning that if you pached after this date, you're SoL and can't play). The second flavor is by using a handy-dandy little program found here: EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Tools > EQ Client Version Numbers (http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17992).

Either way, if you just installed/reinstalled EQ then you're out of luck until the devs update EQEMu to support EQ Live - which probably won't happen for at least another 3-4 months.

Also, be careful about asking for files and such. It's against the rules and can get you banned from the Forums.

RangerDown
12-27-2005, 04:02 PM
I'm afraid we don't have any compatible server versions that work with a fresh CD install. As the previous poster(s) said, you'll need to wait until eqemu becomes Live compatible.

This link may give you more information: http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=DoNotPatchWarning

Please keep in mind that, as mikenune and the above linked article already said, you cannot use EQEmulator services to request, transfer or link copyrighted material including EQ client files.