PDA

View Full Version : opcodes.conf not loading

gottasummer
01-03-2006, 12:38 PM
Error: EMuShareMem: DLLLoadOpcodes: !OpcodesMMF.IsLoaded() (timeout)
[Error] Starting Log: logs/eqemu_error_world.log
[Error] Loading opcodes failed. I cant live like this!
Segmentation fault

Any ideas?

RangerDown
01-03-2006, 02:23 PM
Make sure your opcodes.conf doesn't have trailing spaces that the server might not like, or any special characters.

From the "segmentation fault" I see you're running a linux server. If you had your opcodes.conf file on a windows machine and subsequently transferred it to your linux machine, I've had times where the newline character seems to get out of whack. This can especially happen if you made any kind of edit to it while it was on the windows machine (even if the "edit" was just opening it in Notepad and saving it to another location).

I'd recommend using the "cvs" command straight on your linux box to connect and get the opcodes.conf file from cvs. Don't try to download it to a windows PC and transfer it -- get it directly to your box.

fathernitwit
01-03-2006, 03:41 PM
this is actually realted to shared memory, not opcodes.conf (thats just what happens to be loading into shared mem).

I do not remember what the solution to this is unfortunately. It seems to be related to some IPC configuration on newer kernels/fedoras... Make sure you run cleanipc before you start world. Might also try starting a zone before world and see if you get the same crap.

gottasummer
01-03-2006, 10:51 PM
Ah, okay.

The server is located in the basement, use it for file server mainly right now... 2 gigs of RAM a P4, 120GB hard drive...

Is it possible to switch distro's remotely? I heard it works on Debian but do not want to lug it up here, then lug it back down, you know...

Thanks

gottasummer
01-03-2006, 10:52 PM
cleanipc - command now found.

johane
01-04-2006, 09:34 AM
Ah, okay.

The server is located in the basement, use it for file server mainly right now... 2 gigs of RAM a P4, 120GB hard drive...

Is it possible to switch distro's remotely? I heard it works on Debian but do not want to lug it up here, then lug it back down, you know...

Thanks

You want to look at the program debootstrap from http://packages.debian.org/stable/admin/debootstrap - get the tar.gz version from the bottom of the page.

It'll download bits of debian from the archives, and install them into a directory which you can then chroot into. Once you've got a debian system to run in, you can then create a new filesystem, copy things into it, install a new boot block and reboot into a pure debian system if you want, or you can just run from the chroot.

The most important thing is to do a hell of a lot of reading if you want to go the last step and repair your redhat based system to debian.

If you do want to switch from redhat/suse to debian permanently, rest assured that this step (the debootstrap step) is the hardest thing you'll ever have to deal with on your Gnu/Linux sytem unless you want to run commercial linux software on debian and get some kind of commercial support.

gottasummer
01-04-2006, 09:45 AM
heh yeah... debian barebones was what I would have thought of slackware (tried it 6 years ago lol)

Anyway, then, I could install from floppy disks, and I could choose packages and needed to get them and stuff was annoying.

With this, I decided "expert packages", as I have obviously been using linux all my life ;) Well, start off using FREE-BSD lol

Then the dreaded DOS with its crappy Windows 3.11 (hated it so I just used NT 3.0 lol)

Anyway... have debian installed, Fedora took approximately 14 hours to configure... even for a barebones it still took forever.

I have a 120GB hard drive, I may add another, this is so simple... lol, downloaded net install disk, in LITERALLY 15 MINUTES LATER I HAD DEBIAN CORE INSTALLED AND CONFIGURED... Right now I am adding more packages, also run two of my websites off of the server, so I am getting bind all setup too.

I like webmin mainly because of its service monitoring, and its GUI, can control it easily from my pocketpc ;)

Once this is all set, I look forward in seeing you all on RaGEQuest ;)