PDA

View Full Version : 0.6.4 DR1 bugs

Arex
01-10-2006, 12:26 AM
* facial features go crazy when u zone.

* shaman pet cant to be summoned (it is because the last update on PEQ velious RC 1 compatibility with emu ahead, u said that we must delete pets table).

* disease and poison spells of high lvl shaman cant to be stacked..

* mana only get to 88% using command #mana, and generally meditating it neither get to 100%.

thx for u time =)

fathernitwit
01-10-2006, 03:05 AM
more details needed.

what pet spells exactly, IDs?

What disease/poisons spells, exactly what they are doing, and how do you think they should work.

Compare your stats with what the server thinks you have with #showstats and #showbuffs... this generally explains the problem... the fix is another story. Post the differences.

Arex
01-10-2006, 11:12 PM
what pet spells exactly, IDs?

i think that all pets are not working, because i also tried wizard pets and they neither are working...

What disease/poisons spells, exactly what they are doing, and how do you think they should work.

spells high lvl disease/poison of shaman, bloof of thule and breath of ulthar are not stacking. You should can use both spells on same mobs on same time, but they cant stack, u get a messagge saying that the one has been removed when u cast the other.

The problem with facial features is happening with a barbarian shaman, I get my hair out when i zone...all other facial features look to be ok, but my hair is not there when u zone. And i have tried to change it 1000 times, but when u zone, u get bald hair other time =/

Belfedia
01-11-2006, 01:47 AM
On live all "Dot" spells can be stacked :)
On eqemu that not work. I think it was this error :)
Paladin's buff (With icon pink heart) don't stack with cleric's HP buff also :(

sesmar
01-11-2006, 02:49 AM
For the pet problem make sure you have applied the new changes to your Database as the ChangeLog states

==12/11/05
FatherNitwit: Removed some worthless fields.
FatherNitwit: Rewrote all the pet creation code to be based on npc_types
FatherNitwit: Completely changed the pets table.
You prolly want to run:
DROP TABLE pets;
You must load up the SQL in Sql-Files/pets.sql
the new pets sql assumes NPC IDs 500-700 are free, so edit them as needed.
ALTER TABLE npc_types DROP fixedz;

If you have already applied these changes and are still experiencing issues then please give a more detailed description of the problem and copy any error messages output in the zone server.

HurtinuDaily
01-13-2006, 04:49 AM
Hello All Excelent job on 6.4, it seems really stable, I played on it for 10 hours so far, The only bugs I have noticed so far is:

Still buffs do not have en effect once you have zoned. ie) hp buff works untl you zone and then it doesnt increase your hp's anymore. Is there code that checks for buffs and applies them to your characher when you zone? - just noticed as I was looking for a link that this should be fixxed in the Jan 13 release.

Also the spell Spirit Salve (ID=6874) has a range of 0 it should be 100. Not sure if this is a live spell.... but its in my spellbook with #scribespells.

I also still have the problem that no matter what 2 IP address's I log in from it sees it as the same account, when I have 2 toons from the same account in the same zone and 1 zones the other LD's. the only thing I figured out as a work around is to camp one, zone the other then log #1 back in and zone.
Pet update worked gr8

If anyone is wondering you can find pets.sql here: http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/eqemulator/EQEmuCVS/SQL-Files/

Edit: oh yea I forgot pets.sql has an error in it second line from the bottom

INSERT INTO pets (type,npcID,temp) VALUES('Burnout', 637, 1);
INSERT INTO npc_types (id,name,level,race,class,bodytype,hp,gender,textu re,size,hp_regen_rate,npc_spells_id,mindmg,maxdmg, npcspecialattks,walkspeed,runspeed) VALUES(637, 'Burnout', 50, , 1, 24, 1000, 2, 0, 6, 6, 164, 60, 87, 'Q', 6.66, 1.25);

It is missing a value for race(the spot with 2 , , together), this causes the script to crash. I just put a random number in thier for now so it would run through.

fathernitwit
01-13-2006, 10:39 AM
I think I fixed the buff zoning problem last night. Check it. and FYI, the buffs are still applied server side, you just dont see the effects client side.

I disagree with the statement that all buffs stack on live. I know at least beneficial buffs are subject to the "the better spell overwrites the crappier one if they offer the same effect". I need some very accurate information (preferably with 3rd party proof) about how buff stacking should work, for beneficial and detrimental spells.

mikenune
01-13-2006, 05:03 PM
What HurtinuDaily means by "On live all \"Dot\" spells can be stacked" is that DoT spells stack on EQLive. That means that, if you (as a Shammy) cast "Breath of Wunshi" (lvl 67 DoT) on a MOB and then cast "Breath of Ultor" (lvl 64 DoT), while the first one is still in effect, then both spells stay in effect, doing a combined damage of 383 damage/tick (at lvl 67).

This is the case for all DoT spells. In old versions of EQ, the most powerful DoT would replace the less powerful one. As of sometime before April 2004, all DoT type spell effect stack with each other instead of playing "There can be only one!"

Sarepean
01-13-2006, 05:11 PM
Wait, no, that doesn't seem right. It seems that when I last played Live, all DoTs did stack, but they had to be cast in the correct order. For example, Clinging Darkness would stick with Dooming Darkness, but only when cast in order from highest to lowest--- so Dooming Darkness followed by Clinging Darkness. I'm fairly positive that's right... but, then again, I've had problems distinguishing features of Emu from Live before, so.. *chuckles*

Beneficial spells, however, do not all stack-- the most powerful one is the only one in a specific line or with a specific effect (most of the time) that will stick.

Belfedia
01-13-2006, 10:29 PM
Now on EQ for DOT spell:

All DOT spells stack in any order (you can make engulfing darness + dooming darkness)

On old EQ, the best DOT take up by spell line.
If you cast level 60 dot poison on a mob, and you cast after a level 65 dot poison, only 65 spell work (the 60 is cancel and disappear).

For buff, It was more hard, and all spells can't stack
But we have one error on Eqemu, Paladin Hp/ac spell line don't stack with cleric Hp/ac buff.

fathernitwit
01-14-2006, 03:20 AM
I have changed the buff stacking code to allow one DoT of each RESIST TYPE to stack (meaning one of: MR, FR, CR, PR, DR, and unresistable). This still seems strange to me since two DoTs which share some other non-damage component will not stack. But at the same time, it also seems strange to let all DoTs stack. I will think about this more.

as for the pally/cleric thing... are these the spell lines your talking about? (if not, link them):
http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=4109&source=Live
http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=3479&source=Live
because those spells have very specific rules to prevent them from stacking with eachother in the spell itself.

Belfedia
01-14-2006, 09:33 AM
For the pally buff :
This line : http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=2584
With this cleric line :
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=312

:)

fathernitwit
01-14-2006, 12:03 PM
these buffs stack fine for me now.
Please try out the newest code and post any continuing issues in a new thread.

mikenune
01-14-2006, 04:07 PM
Yeah, stacking DoTs of similar types (having three or four poison DoTs) onto a single MOB seems kinda weird.

The developers simply did it so that classes like Shammies and Necros would have an easier time finding groups.

johane
01-23-2006, 09:46 AM
Unless it was changed (which is possible) the way dots stack on eqlive is that all dots that do NOT have a non-dot component stack OK. Dots with a non-dot component do not stack, but the highest level one overwrites the lower one, regardless of efficacy, so a higher level spell with the same stat being lowered and a lower dps may replace a nastier (necro) spell just because it's a higher level. (This is another reason for necros to hate druids).

However, if the same spell (with a non-dot componet) is cast on a mob by two (or more) players, then the dot components do stack. So 2 necros can "stack" dooming darkness, and the mob is snared as per 1 cast, but has a double dot. If however clinging darkness and dooming darkness are cast on a mob by the same player, dooming darkness will overwrite clinging darkness completely. If the two spells are cast by seperate players, only the higher one works, just as if it was only one player casting.

Since most poison dots are just dots with a nuke, there was an exception made so theyd stack like pure dots, as everyone was pissed off that poisons wouldnt stack!

Or I could be FOS these days, but it used to work like that.

Now on EQ for DOT spell:

All DOT spells stack in any order (you can make engulfing darness + dooming darkness)

On old EQ, the best DOT take up by spell line.
If you cast level 60 dot poison on a mob, and you cast after a level 65 dot poison, only 65 spell work (the 60 is cancel and disappear).

For buff, It was more hard, and all spells can't stack
But we have one error on Eqemu, Paladin Hp/ac spell line don't stack with cleric Hp/ac buff.

Doodman
01-23-2006, 05:21 PM
It was changed on live, quite a while ago.

With my druid, I'd drop Winged Death on, then click my Elder Spirist Vambraces (Stinging Swarm) and let him rot. Add on a Drifting Death if you wish, but as mana efficient.

johane
01-23-2006, 11:48 PM
It was changed on live, quite a while ago.

With my druid, I'd drop Winged Death on, then click my Elder Spirist Vambraces (Stinging Swarm) and let him rot. Add on a Drifting Death if you wish, but as mana efficient.

Hmmm, yet another example of SOE catering to the mindless I guess - is there ANY need to think on eqlive anymore?

HurtinuDaily
01-24-2006, 03:42 AM
Another interestng thing about stacking on live, which would more then likely be very difficult to impliment is that multiple druids or whatever class can stack the same dot on the same mob. Of course this only works for some dots not all. So 3 druids can cast winged death on the same mob at the same time. It doesnt work for the druid fire DoT's tho... Only class I can be 100 percent sure of because its the only class I play Live.

jimbabwe
01-24-2006, 01:03 PM
Another interestng thing about stacking on live, which would more then likely be very difficult to impliment is that multiple druids or whatever class can stack the same dot on the same mob. Of course this only works for some dots not all. So 3 druids can cast winged death on the same mob at the same time. It doesnt work for the druid fire DoT's tho... Only class I can be 100 percent sure of because its the only class I play Live.

I think that's because the fire dot had an additional effect like a small ac debuff or something.

rojadruid
01-24-2006, 02:41 PM
I think that's because the fire dot had an additional effect like a small ac debuff or something.

Yes it has an AC debuff in it. Thats why it wont stack

Ibix
01-30-2006, 05:30 AM
To start this off, we are running a 0.6.4 server that is NOT the most up-to-date, but is running the pre-compiled binaries from 3-4 weeks ago, on a Windows server, using Mini-Login (not that this should come into it at all really).

Monster corpse-camping code needs to be updated I believe. I think I've seen this mentioned elsewhere, but don't see it in the SF bug list, nor in this thread.

Monsters do not camp corpses at all... This would seem wholly beneficial, although detrimental to the difficulty factor in some zones. The problem is that monk/necro/sk(?) feign death do absolutely nothing for pulling. There is, currently, pretty much no reason to ever play a Monk... decent top-end DPS, but nothing compared to other classes and without FD split-pulling working, there is no real reason to play one.

I don't know precisely how the code works on Live, but it would seem that perhaps monsters have another column in their table with an upper-limiter for the amount of time they will camp a corpse, with some number (0 maybe?) signifying a perma-camper. Basically, monsters will stay at the 'corpse' (really dead or not) for a seemingly-random amount of time, and will begin returning to their spawn point one by one. I'm not sure but maybe the amount of aggro factors into this (like, the one the monk actually tapped may stay longer?) or it may not. Even if not, it would just be cool if monsters stayed at the corpse a random amount of time between like 1 and 10 seconds before pathing back. I'm sure someone who has played a monk more, or has more experience with this situation would be able to give a more exact answer as to how this all works. I just know that Monks are currently Rogues who do less DPS, cannot hide/sneak, and their only benefit is mend.

If more details or insight is needed, or if this issue has already been addressed, my apologies.

Ibix
01-31-2006, 03:46 AM
Berserker Problems:

1. The Berserker GM at LEAST in Oggok thinks he is a Bard GM. As such, he will not take the tomes from you in order to give you the abilities. I'm not sure if this is true in other cities, but I'm betting it is, since I think it's just that BerserkerGM is set to whatever number is actually the BardGM.

2. In trying to further test and see if it really was just the Ogres, I created a Troll Berserker. In place of the GM and the Tomes guy there were two NPC's that did not respond to anything and had the incorrect names. I can get more details on this if desired.

sdabbs65
01-31-2006, 05:17 AM
Berserker Problems:

1. The Berserker GM at LEAST in Oggok thinks he is a Bard GM. As such, he will not take the tomes from you in order to give you the abilities. I'm not sure if this is true in other cities, but I'm betting it is, since I think it's just that BerserkerGM is set to whatever number is actually the BardGM.

2. In trying to further test and see if it really was just the Ogres, I created a Troll Berserker. In place of the GM and the Tomes guy there w

.ere two NPC's that did not respond to anything and had the incorrect names. I can get more details on this if desired.
Those are Database Issues not code

Ibix
01-31-2006, 09:22 AM
Had I thought about it, I would have known that. Thanks/sorry. I'll wait for the Luclin beta to come out and hopefully those sorts of things will be fixed.

Ibix
02-01-2006, 03:59 AM
Okay, a note on the Monk FD code.. I know this is from quite a while ago (over 3 years actually) ... sorta why I'm surprised to see the mobs reacting as they are and not waiting to path back, hence breaking FD...

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3568

It's entirely possible I'm misinterpreting the 'feignMemory' or whatever it was incorrectly... thought it does sound like that would make them have a random length of time before they forget you and path back maybe... I dunno.

Regardless, just thought it might be helpful when I found it while digging.

Ibix
02-01-2006, 05:40 AM
Regarding the earlier-mentioned possible lull bug:

Lvl 13 Enchanter using lvl 6 spell Soothe. Since Enchanters don't get another lull-type spell until 19 or 20 (calm) I'm going to assume that this spell should work for those levels (1-20 or so). I couldn't find the data on what the spell is actually supposed to work on, sorry about that. However, on a lt. blue mob to a lvl 13 (so the mob is, what, lvl 10-11?), the chanty blew through an entire bar of mana never once having Soothe stick.

The enchanter is my friend and as such I'm not certain of the skill levels however I know he has played the chanty from lvl 1-13 so he should have been getting the proper skillups... Is this the intended function of the spell or is it incorrect? On a side note, I found a thread from a year or two ago regarding this saying that they had the same exact problem with the 'level 1 lull spell'. There was really never any response as to whether that had been fixed or not, etc...

Krugus
02-12-2006, 09:18 AM
Well if it will make you feel any better the Lull line & Harmony line don't seem to take hold on ANY mob (works fine on players but not on mobs) with the current 6.4 server either.

Took a look at the spells_us.txt file and its listed as a Benifical buff which if you take that off it will just make the spell only good pulling :grin: Maybe its not taking hold because mobs are not allowed to be buffed with player spells ATM?

Ibix
02-13-2006, 05:11 AM
Would seem that it should certainly be a detrimental....

Ibix
09-28-2006, 04:52 AM
Post Necromancy (reviving the dead):

Bringing it back from the dead. My friends and I are about to go through the process of putting up a 7.0 server for us to play with, but I was curious about the status of the Monk/FD as well as the soothe/lull line problems. I searched the forums and didn't really find any notes on it other than this thread which hasn't been responded to in about 7-8 months.

Any thoughts? If the coders are a bit busy, as I imagine they are, do any of you that play on the PEQ server know, does FD seem to be working? Do lull spells actually seem to stick to/lull mobs?

Thanks in advance for the responses.

rojadruid
09-28-2006, 07:14 AM
Post Necromancy (reviving the dead):

Bringing it back from the dead. My friends and I are about to go through the process of putting up a 7.0 server for us to play with, but I was curious about the status of the Monk/FD as well as the soothe/lull line problems. I searched the forums and didn't really find any notes on it other than this thread which hasn't been responded to in about 7-8 months.

Any thoughts? If the coders are a bit busy, as I imagine they are, do any of you that play on the PEQ server know, does FD seem to be working? Do lull spells actually seem to stick to/lull mobs?

Thanks in advance for the responses.

FD seems to be working in the latest build, I can no FD and split pull, so I would say its working. The lull I am not sure on.

mattmeck
09-28-2006, 09:58 AM
0.6.4 DR1 bugs

This is very old, we are up to 7.0, posting here is pointless since this version is not being worked on.

Ibix
09-28-2006, 03:35 PM
The ISSUE was what I was asking about, not the version. I didn't want to clutter your forums up with countless threads asking the same thing, but I will keep that in mind from now on.

Thanks.