PDA

View Full Version : Error with race class combos?

wraithlord98
01-19-2006, 03:59 PM
I'm using the most up to date server version - and have noted that I'm unable to create a Froglok Necromancer. What happens is that when I create the character - and then I submit it - it crashes the EQ client - and looking at world.exe - it says invalid race/class combo.. yet I'm able to create other froglok race/class combos? Is this a known bug?

RangerDown
01-19-2006, 04:23 PM
Mithaniel Marr has never been one to favor the necromantic arts. The only allowed classes for froglok are

Cleric (http://www.everquestguides.net/classes/cleric/index.html), Paladin (http://www.everquestguides.net/classes/paladin/index.html), Shaman (http://www.everquestguides.net/classes/shaman/index.html), Warrior (http://www.everquestguides.net/classes/warrior/index.html) and Wizard (http://www.everquestguides.net/classes/wizard/index.html)

(source: everquestguides.com)

rojadruid
01-19-2006, 04:36 PM
Mithaniel Marr has never been one to favor the necromantic arts. The only allowed classes for froglok are

Cleric (http://www.everquestguides.net/classes/cleric/index.html), Paladin (http://www.everquestguides.net/classes/paladin/index.html), Shaman (http://www.everquestguides.net/classes/shaman/index.html), Warrior (http://www.everquestguides.net/classes/warrior/index.html) and Wizard (http://www.everquestguides.net/classes/wizard/index.html)

(source: everquestguides.com)

I actually have the same problem. Before the 9/13 patch they added SK's and Necro's to the list of available class's for frogs. Its just not in the eqmu code or its set wrong not sure which.

wraithlord98
01-19-2006, 11:45 PM
That's correct - it was added in as a valid race/class combo. I've gone so far as to edit the dbase to make it valid - but it still errors out.. I'm assuming it has something with offsets in the eqgame.exe? Oh - and wasn't quite sure if this was actually a bug or not - so I posted here.. if it's in the wrong place - please feel free to move it! Tks in advance!

Belfedia
01-19-2006, 11:52 PM
Yes now froglok can be Sk or necromancer and follow innoruuk, The client Eqgame is ok but the database is'nt ready for that i think.

Ibix
01-20-2006, 01:41 AM
There are, inside the source code (If I remember reading correctly) tables that specify which race/class combos are allowed. My guess would be that those haven't been updated is all.

And, now HOW did SOE theme the fact that the "good"est race in Norrath can now be the 2 most evil classes?

wraithlord98
01-20-2006, 02:15 AM
I've no idea.. I wonder just exactly how it is that SOE decides half of what they do - because quite a bit of it makes little to no sense.. but I can confirm (have a live account until around May).. Frogloks can be SK's and Necros now... go figure??? Not to mention that they no longer hold control over Grobb (the troll city)... Instead - Gukta is now located in the southern most portion of Rathe Mountains with a book portal that leads to PoK. The overall map layout of Rathe Mountains remains exactly the same - but now there's a tent city with all your atypical city fixings (NPC's, vendors, brewing still, pottery wheel, forge etc etc etc).

Anyhow - I sat there and looked at the database - and I figured out what the number correlations are between diety/race/class combos.. I edited the info into my dbase... but it still errors out - I think I overlooked something however.

Oh - and if anyone's interested to see the list - will throw it up here. May even be something that should/could be put into the wiki somewhere?

Doodman
01-20-2006, 02:52 AM
The valid race/class combinations are controlled in world by this table in client.cpp
bool ClassRaceLookupTable[PLAYER_CLASS_COUNT][_TABLE_RACES]=
{ /*Human Barbarian Erudite Woodelf Highelf Darkelf Halfelf Dwarf Troll Ogre Halfling Gnome Iksar Vahshir Froglok*/
{ /*Warrior*/ true, true, false, true, false, true, true, true, true, true, true, true, true, true, true},
{ /*Cleric*/ true, false, true, false, true, true, true, true, false, false, true, true, false, false, true},
{ /*Paladin*/ true, false, true, false, true, false, true, true, false, false, true, true, false, false, true},
{ /*Ranger*/ true, false, false, true, false, false, true, false, false, false, true, false, false, false, false},
{ /*ShadowKnight*/ true, false, true, false, false, true, false, false, true, true, false, true, true, false, false},
{ /*Druid*/ true, false, false, true, false, false, true, false, false, false, true, false, false, false, false},
{ /*Monk*/ true, false, false, false, false, false, false, false, false, false, false, false, true, false, false},
{ /*Bard*/ true, false, false, true, false, false, true, false, false, false, false, false, false, true, false},
{ /*Rogue*/ true, true, false, true, false, true, true, true, false, false, true, true, false, true, false},
{ /*Shaman*/ false, true, false, false, false, false, false, false, true, true, false, false, true, true, true},
{ /*Necromancer*/ true, false, true, false, false, true, false, false, false, false, false, true, true, false, false},
{ /*Wizard*/ true, false, true, false, true, true, false, false, false, false, false, true, false, false, true},
{ /*Magician*/ true, false, true, false, true, true, false, false, false, false, false, true, false, false, false},
{ /*Enchanter*/ true, false, true, false, true, true, false, false, false, false, false, true, false, false, false},
{ /*Beastlord*/ false, true, false, false, false, false, false, false, true, true, false, false, true, true, false },
{ /*Berserker*/ false, true, false, false, false, false, false, true, true, true, false, false, false, true, false }
};//Initial table by kathgar, editted by Wiz for accuracy, solar too

Not sure what "number correlations" you are speaking about.

wraithlord98
01-20-2006, 06:12 AM
Sorry - I was bit tired when I posted that.. I was referring specifically to the start zones file of the Emu dbase.. each race, class, diety combo is referred to by index numbers. I wasn't able to find a listing of which numbers represented what diety - so I sat down and figured it out by looking at the existing entries... does this info already exist somewhere? If not more than willing to post the info if it'll actually be usefull.

Where exactly is the client.cpp located - in the source code of the exe? (Sorry - not a programmer by nature)

Ibix
01-20-2006, 06:21 AM
The valid race/class combinations are controlled in world by this table in client.cpp
bool ClassRaceLookupTable[PLAYER_CLASS_COUNT][_TABLE_RACES]=
{ /*Human Barbarian Erudite Woodelf Highelf Darkelf Halfelf Dwarf Troll Ogre Halfling Gnome Iksar Vahshir Froglok*/
{ /*Warrior*/ true, true, false, true, false, true, true, true, true, true, true, true, true, true, true},
{ /*Cleric*/ true, false, true, false, true, true, true, true, false, false, true, true, false, false, true},
{ /*Paladin*/ true, false, true, false, true, false, true, true, false, false, true, true, false, false, true},
{ /*Ranger*/ true, false, false, true, false, false, true, false, false, false, true, false, false, false, false},
{ /*ShadowKnight*/ true, false, true, false, false, true, false, false, true, true, false, true, true, false, false},
{ /*Druid*/ true, false, false, true, false, false, true, false, false, false, true, false, false, false, false},
{ /*Monk*/ true, false, false, false, false, false, false, false, false, false, false, false, true, false, false},
{ /*Bard*/ true, false, false, true, false, false, true, false, false, false, false, false, false, true, false},
{ /*Rogue*/ true, true, false, true, false, true, true, true, false, false, true, true, false, true, false},
{ /*Shaman*/ false, true, false, false, false, false, false, false, true, true, false, false, true, true, true},
{ /*Necromancer*/ true, false, true, false, false, true, false, false, false, false, false, true, true, false, false},
{ /*Wizard*/ true, false, true, false, true, true, false, false, false, false, false, true, false, false, true},
{ /*Magician*/ true, false, true, false, true, true, false, false, false, false, false, true, false, false, false},
{ /*Enchanter*/ true, false, true, false, true, true, false, false, false, false, false, true, false, false, false},
{ /*Beastlord*/ false, true, false, false, false, false, false, false, true, true, false, false, true, true, false },
{ /*Berserker*/ false, true, false, false, false, false, false, true, true, true, false, false, false, true, false }
};//Initial table by kathgar, editted by Wiz for accuracy, solar too

Not sure what "number correlations" you are speaking about.

MUAHAHAHA Now I can have my Ogre Bard finally... *snicker* But my guess is, I'd have to edit some other stuff to make them be able to use the instruments... heh. But the beauty of the music...

Doodman
01-20-2006, 06:44 AM
The client.cpp file I quote is under world.

And for reference, those race/class/diety numbers are defined in include files in common.

races.h
classes.h
deity.h

wraithlord98
01-20-2006, 04:14 PM
Shucks... was hoping I'd finally be able to contribute something worthwhile to the project. :) Tks for the info!

kouhei
01-20-2006, 04:40 PM
So it is possible to add new races to the code?

fathernitwit
01-20-2006, 06:14 PM
we cannot change anything in the client, we can just change what we allow in the server code. So you cannot enable anything not currently possible by editing the server code.

rojadruid
01-20-2006, 07:21 PM
Acctually the 9/13 client does accept that as part of its code, currently the server is whats rejecting it. Set the declerations that doodman mentioned and it should in theory work, although there may be some DB errors to edit and fix, not sure have not tried it.

The reason I say this is that on the client you can get thru the creation part right up to submiting the name for aproval. its at this point that the server rejects it.

I also had one on live with this client when it was live.

Shadow-Wolf
01-20-2006, 09:43 PM
Roja I believe fathernitwit is refering to the person who wanted to make an ogre bard. What he is saying is that enabling the possiblity to be an ogre bard in the server code will still not allow you to be one because the client itself is coded to not allow the combination. Now if say someone figured out a way to edit the client to enable the combination it would be possible as long as you coded the server to accept the combination that the client is sending.

rojadruid
01-21-2006, 04:59 AM
Roja I believe fathernitwit is refering to the person who wanted to make an ogre bard. What he is saying is that enabling the possiblity to be an ogre bard in the server code will still not allow you to be one because the client itself is coded to not allow the combination. Now if say someone figured out a way to edit the client to enable the combination it would be possible as long as you coded the server to accept the combination that the client is sending.

Ahh if so then my bad. sorry.

Grundy
06-30-2006, 05:59 AM
There are, inside the source code (If I remember reading correctly) tables that specify which race/class combos are allowed. My guess would be that those haven't been updated is all.

And, now HOW did SOE theme the fact that the "good"est race in Norrath can now be the 2 most evil classes?

the frokloks took over grobb, the trolls hated them for that, the dark elves hated them for that because then they had to share their city with the trolls. the dark elves and trolls took back grobb from the frogloks, in the process innoruuk corrupted the frogloks and now some of them can worship innoruuk and be shadow knights and necromancers