PDA

View Full Version : Updating a 6.0dr2 to 6.2dr1 database

mwmdragon
01-25-2006, 08:48 PM
Has someone made an SQL file to Update a 6.0dr2 database to a 6.2dr1 database ?

I don't want to lose all my changes, and have not added any new items.

Hell... even better if someone has an update from a 6.0dr2 database to a 6.3dr1 would be great.

Thanks in advance

sdabbs65
01-26-2006, 01:11 AM

Hell... even better if someone has an update from a 6.0dr2 database to a 6.3dr1 would be great.

Thanks in advance

I tried to update several times...
All I managed to do was get a headache... and trashed databases....

kouhei
01-26-2006, 01:14 AM
It is hard you have to go back and find all the changes they did in upgradeing the DB then would have to apply all of them.

Belfedia
01-26-2006, 01:26 AM
You can read the Changelog.txt (from archive not the shot version),
You have all Sql modifications in :) but it was hard !

sdabbs65
01-26-2006, 02:11 AM
You can read the Changelog.txt (from archive not the shot version),
You have all Sql modifications in :) but it was hard !
thats all good but i still have a few compile errors to figgure out...

inking...
mysqlclient.lib(libmysql.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __ftol2
mysqlclient.lib(password.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __ftol2
mysqlclient.lib(ctype-simple.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __aulldvrm
mysqlclient.lib(ctype-ucs2.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __aulldvrm
../build/ZonePerl.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

Ibix
01-26-2006, 03:29 AM
I'm guessing you're building using Microsoft VC++?

Make sure you're following the directions at: http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=DevVSExpress

Most notably, the little tidbit I added that links to:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/visualc/usingpsdk/default.aspx

What has happened is you did not edit your .vsprops file to add some of the dependencies and as such the external resolution of those calls is failing.

Best of luck.

sdabbs65
01-26-2006, 05:21 AM
I'm guessing you're building using Microsoft VC++?

Make sure you're following the directions at: http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=DevVSExpress

Most notably, the little tidbit I added that links to:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/visualc/usingpsdk/default.aspx

What has happened is you did not edit your .vsprops file to add some of the dependencies and as such the external resolution of those calls is failing.

Best of luck.
6.0 dosn't have that option but I will check it out and see if theres something I missed while adding the SDK libs.

Ibix
01-26-2006, 05:58 AM
Hmm.. okay, my bad. I don't know why I do that... I always assume people are using the same environment as I.

I ran into that problem.. lotsa external dep. errors and eventually found the guide for editing the vsprops, went back to the guide FNW had written and realized that he mentioned it in there, I just didn't know what it was and skipped over it.

I'm certain that the problem has something to do with your environment not being able to find those 5-6 or however many system libraries though. I've never used VS6, so sorry I'm not more help

Ibix
01-26-2006, 06:18 AM
Hmm.. further investigation.. as per this thread here:

http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=704

It looks like perhaps the error could have been caused by the MySQL team building the libraries with VC7... However, I would think that would cause problems for anyone else using VC6 now too... wonder if anyone is able to build using VC6 and the exact version of MySQL you are using. You may be able to uninstall/install older version (just 1 release backwards maybe?) and fix it that way...

Another thread of interesting note gave a solution for the problem with the _ftol2 dependency... you can just declare it internally.. but that's really quite klugey.

extern "C" long _ftol( double ); //defined by VC6 C libs
extern "C" long _ftol2( double dblSource ) { return _ftol( dblSource ); }

Just some thoughts. I would go with the MySQL version conflict/fix first and see if that fixes it though.

sdabbs65
01-26-2006, 08:51 AM
Hmm.. further investigation.. as per this thread here:

http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=704

It looks like perhaps the error could have been caused by the MySQL team building the libraries with VC7... However, I would think that would cause problems for anyone else using VC6 now too... wonder if anyone is able to build using VC6 and the exact version of MySQL you are using. You may be able to uninstall/install older version (just 1 release backwards maybe?) and fix it that way...

Another thread of interesting note gave a solution for the problem with the _ftol2 dependency... you can just declare it internally.. but that's really quite klugey.

extern "C" long _ftol( double ); //defined by VC6 C libs
extern "C" long _ftol2( double dblSource ) { return _ftol( dblSource ); }

Just some thoughts. I would go with the MySQL version conflict/fix first and see if that fixes it though.

none of those ideas worked either.
what did to get it to work was I replaced mysqlclient.lib with a older version from version 4.10 and it compiles fine now.

Ibix
01-26-2006, 09:19 AM
Sweet! Glad to hear you got it working. Sorry I wasn't able to be of more help.

Arex
01-26-2006, 10:44 AM
i am getting the same error compile that sdabbs65, exactly that 4 errors with mysqlclient.lib, can u tell me what exact version of mysql have u used? i am using 4.0.18 but i am getting this disturbed compilation error =/

sdabbs65
01-26-2006, 02:32 PM
i am getting the same error compile that sdabbs65, exactly that 4 errors with mysqlclient.lib, can u tell me what exact version of mysql have u used? i am using 4.0.18 but i am getting this disturbed compilation error =/\

it just says
Version 4.0

I also installed the SDK lib's in the tools> options>directorys.

mwmdragon
02-01-2006, 01:18 PM
wow, talk about a thread derailing lol.

so does anyone have this kind of SQL. I don't need to know how hard it is even though i know you are trying to help. I have tried converting a few times by hashing together database edits/updates i have found everywhere but i can't seem to get the database converted correctly.

I have made a ton of changes and fixes to the PEQ Velious rc1 and do not want to loose em all.

Calling all you SQL gurus out there please help :)

sdabbs65
02-01-2006, 03:13 PM
wow, talk about a thread derailing lol.

so does anyone have this kind of SQL. I don't need to know how hard it is even though i know you are trying to help. I have tried converting a few times by hashing together database edits/updates i have found everywhere but i can't seem to get the database converted correctly.

I have made a ton of changes and fixes to the PEQ Velious rc1 and do not want to loose em all.

Calling all you SQL gurus out there please help :)

wtf are you talking about this is about the c++6.0 compiles.

Ibix
02-02-2006, 01:24 AM
wtf are you talking about this is about the c++6.0 compiles.

Actually....

Thanks in advance

That was the original post in the thread, hence his refering to it as a thread derailment. Not that I don't think the thread has been useful to anyone, the thread just didn't really start out as a thread about compiling with c++6.0.

sdabbs65
02-02-2006, 06:01 AM
Actually....

That was the original post in the thread, hence his refering to it as a thread derailment. Not that I don't think the thread has been useful to anyone, the thread just didn't really start out as a thread about compiling with c++6.0.

Your right LOL I didnt bother to read that far ahead in the thread before posting hahhaha

bushman77
02-03-2006, 10:43 AM
i thought he was talking about the db which was originally for the 60dr2 binaries, and he just wants this db (for which he has custom things on) to be compatible with the newer binaries. I dont think he wants to modify the binaries but only wants the db to be changed with sql script to be compatible with the binaniries