PDA

View Full Version : Minilogin problem.

darthnemo
02-02-2006, 11:47 PM
Im sure this has been discussed before, but I cant seem to find it in the forums. I load up minilogin.exe, then run world.exe, and I get:

World server listening on: 127.0.0.1:9000
Setting World to MiniLogin Server type
Connecting to LoginServer: localhost:5999
Login server responded with FatalError. Disabling reconnect.
Error message: 'Bad server name. Unknown reason.'
127.0.0.1:5999: TCPConnection:RecvData(): Error: 10053

My LoginServer.ini:
[LoginServer]
loginserver=localhost
loginport=5999
worldname=Myserver
worldaddress=127.0.0.1
locked=false
account=
password=

[WorldServer]
Defaultstatus=
Unavailzone=

[ChatChannelServer]
worldshortname=
chataddress=
chatport=

[LoginConfig]
ServerMode=StandAlone
ServerPort=5999

Belfedia
02-03-2006, 01:55 AM
I think you follow wrong guide, i see standalone in place of minilogin in your config.
Don't use outdated stuff , try the wiki :
http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=MiniLoginSetup
I think you can find your bug with that :) (i'm not minilogin skilled)

darthnemo
02-03-2006, 06:34 PM
i changed it, and it still didnt work. i got the same error. i even tried setting worldaddress=localhost instead of 127.0.0.1

I also noticed you cant have the word Server in the server name, as it is automaticly added, so i changed server name to Nemesis, still no help.

ylosh
02-04-2006, 12:28 AM
when i set up an 0.6.4 minilogin server to test quests i was working on i kept getting a similar error and found out that your servername must be at least 10 characters long.

world stopped giving me errors after that.

rojadruid
02-04-2006, 04:21 AM
worldname=Myserver

I am not sure if it still applies or not but I remember that you could not have the word server in the server name. call it something else and see what happens.

darthnemo
02-04-2006, 07:06 PM
when i set up an 0.6.4 minilogin server to test quests i was working on i kept getting a similar error and found out that your servername must be at least 10 characters long.

world stopped giving me errors after that.

Changed the name to "The Trevor Project" (over 10 letters, didnt use the quotes), fixed the problem. Thanks, appreciate it.