PDA

View Full Version : how do I patch to before 9/13

fizzlebee
03-13-2006, 12:25 PM
I have a fully patched EQ and I want to try out a free server but how do I patch to before 9/13? I can reinstall but that will still over patch me wont it? I have tried the freeservers listed but the game locks up so I am sure that I am not patched correctly. :(

Fizzlebee

kouhei
03-13-2006, 01:42 PM
I have a fully patched EQ and I want to try out a free server but how do I patch to before 9/13? I can reinstall but that will still over patch me wont it? I have tried the freeservers listed but the game locks up so I am sure that I am not patched correctly. :(

Fizzlebee

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/search.php?

READ!!!! You can not do that what your saying. THERE IS NO WAY TO STOP THE PATCHER FROM D/L THE NEWEST FILES TO A CERTAIN POINT. SOE ONLY KEEPS the newest files on there servers for Download. SO your SOL!!!
Going to have to wait until the TOP does say go ahead and patch. Right now it says : DO NOT PATCH ON 9/13 OR LATER - 9/13 EQ Patch Breaks 0.6.2 (Which we are freezing on)

MysticDeath
03-13-2006, 01:52 PM
DO NOT PATCH ON 9/13 OR LATER - 9/13 EQ Patch Breaks 0.6.2 (Which we are freezing on)

Read the patch warning in wiki, asking for a backpatch is asking for a ban! lol

but to make it easier for all to read!

After a conversation with a few Devs the following policy is going into effect.

Asking how to backpatch will now result in a one week banning.

Telling people how to backpatch will result in a permaban ( this includes links to servers that host patchers, due to there illegality )

Asking how long it will be till were current with live will result in a 48 hour ban, this is answered hundreds of times, there is no ETA it will get done when its done. The Devs do this for free in there spare time so we have no clue how long it will be.

If you dont read these or the forum rules this is not our fault and you will still be held accountable for violations of these rules.