PDA

View Full Version : 0.6.6 is out

fathernitwit
03-18-2006, 04:20 PM
Folks,

The version number has been bumpped to 0.6.6 to mark the fact that I completely rewrote guilds. Automatic builds shold be up in a day or two.

This rewrite should resolve a lot of the flakeyness that was previously seen with guilds. They were removed from shared memory, and their database structure was completely redone. Guilds should now be fully dynamic, in the sense that you should be able to create, edit, and remove them and everything in between, and everybody's state should be properly updated without zoning or restarting. Once somebody writes the world HTTP pages for them, even those changes will be visible in real time in zone.

Please note that this change requires rather significant changes in the database to guilds. Make sure you read the changelog and make the appropriate changes to your database. As such, if your guilds are important, you might want to pay attention to what results after the SQL updates. Most importantly are: custom ranks will not port forward, its possible to do it, I just didnt think it was worth my time. Also, guild leaders will likely get munged, since they were changed from account IDs to character IDs, and you will need to edit the DB or use in-game commands to rectify this situation.

We are still working out all the kinks from some of the 0.6.5 stuff, this change was just large enough to warrant a new version number.

aza77
03-18-2006, 07:20 PM
wow i didn't expect such a large change so fast ..
if you continue working at this speed i'll get real troubles staying up to date ;)

aza77
03-18-2006, 10:37 PM
CREATE TABLE guild_relations (
guild1 MEDIUMINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL,
guild2 MEDIUMINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL,
relation TINYINT NOT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY(guild1, guild1)
);

i think that should be

CREATE TABLE guild_relations (
guild1 MEDIUMINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL,
guild2 MEDIUMINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL,
relation TINYINT NOT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY(guild1, guild2)
);

at the chagelog

fathernitwit
03-19-2006, 05:00 AM
hehe, yes. Good ol mysql 4 is willing to take that key... wtf.
Also fixed a minor char loading problem where you need to log in twice before your char will work.

kleverenwitty
04-03-2006, 05:59 AM
Is there any change in supported client versions in this release? I am running:
Version Number: SEQ45867
Extended Version Number: EQ3C903E04AB2F04B577F25EA81E2727A6B8291587

The client crashes each time on connect. I am sure this could be due to a misconfiguration on the server side but I wanted to make sure Pre-9/13 was still the standard for 0.6.6. Thanks.

RangerDown
04-03-2006, 02:45 PM
Pre-9/13 is still the client to use for 0.6.6