PDA

View Full Version : Problem With Vex Thal

sesmar
03-30-2006, 04:47 AM
I am just wondering if anyone else if experiencing any problems with the Zone Vex Thal. I am using PEQ's Luclin Beta Release. I am able to zone in using the #zone command and I can stand around but when I start moving around inside the zone I get zoned out to a random zone.

I have checked the database for any zone lines in Vex Thal and I could not find any entries at all. I guess I could be looking in the wrong spot but I cannot seem to figure out what is wrong with the zone.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

WildcardX
03-30-2006, 05:25 AM
Vex Thal is a raid zone that has features that detect how far a raid force has progressed in the zone. As key mini-boss and boss mobs are defeated, the zone is suppose to remove "warder" mobs which otherwise spawn and stand in the path of a would-be-cheater and a mini-boss or boss. The reason you can not walk into the zone after first zoning in is because you are passing an invisible zone line which really acts as a trip wire to let the zone know where you are so that it can spawn or despawn a warder depending on other spawns. As it is misconfigured at the moment, that same "trip wire" is trying to zone you out instead. I discussed this months ago with cavedude, but we never got around to figuring out how to make this zone work. The other thing that is broken in this zone are the "clickables" that serve to transport a raid force around the zone. Lastly, certain yard trash in this zone, maybe it was all the yard trash, I can't recall, when you kill it, it is suppose to cause an identical mob to spawn upon death. So for every one yeard trash mob, you really have to kill it twice.

Almost forgot, there are other minor detaisl about this zone that are wrong as well. For example, you can't really snare or root Aten Ha Ra.

I have dont 20 some Vex Thal raids on EQ live back in the day so I can share a lot of detailed information if someone wants to work with me to get this zone to work. I have also done the Ssra Temple raids as well. And there is also the matter of the vex thal key quest as well.

sesmar
03-30-2006, 06:42 AM
Thank you for the information. I have never been to Vex Thal before, I first stopped playing shortly after Luclin came out, then picked it back up when LDON came out, on a different server. I never had the chance to make it to Vex Thal

klinzhai
04-21-2006, 05:01 AM
Vex Thal is a raid zone that has features that detect how far a raid force has progressed in the zone. As key mini-boss and boss mobs are defeated, the zone is suppose to remove "warder" mobs which otherwise spawn and stand in the path of a would-be-cheater and a mini-boss or boss. The reason you can not walk into the zone after first zoning in is because you are passing an invisible zone line which really acts as a trip wire to let the zone know where you are so that it can spawn or despawn a warder depending on other spawns. As it is misconfigured at the moment, that same "trip wire" is trying to zone you out instead. I discussed this months ago with cavedude, but we never got around to figuring out how to make this zone work. The other thing that is broken in this zone are the "clickables" that serve to transport a raid force around the zone. Lastly, certain yard trash in this zone, maybe it was all the yard trash, I can't recall, when you kill it, it is suppose to cause an identical mob to spawn upon death. So for every one yeard trash mob, you really have to kill it twice.

Almost forgot, there are other minor detaisl about this zone that are wrong as well. For example, you can't really snare or root Aten Ha Ra.

I have dont 20 some Vex Thal raids on EQ live back in the day so I can share a lot of detailed information if someone wants to work with me to get this zone to work. I have also done the Ssra Temple raids as well. And there is also the matter of the vex thal key quest as well.

My guild spent a good 4 months in VT also. I'm just curious why we can't run background apps that monitor the database and spawn (despawn) the warders directly in the database as they are needed (or not, as the case may be).

I'm thinking something along the lines of having the task monitor the respective zone's critter tables (not sure how the db is set up right now) and when a new line is created, if the name fits particular criteria (Pi_Xi_Thall, for example... not sure about naming conventions there, it's been about 2 years or so), then it will spawn the corresponding replacement mob (Qua_Xi_Xakra or whatever) at the corpse location and delete the corpse directly in the database. Though I'm not really sure if edits in the database happen immediately in the game world. Alternatively, you could create an unseen quest that automatically spawns the replacement when the first dies.

I am not too terribly concerned with VT right now... just now working on building my game. Planning on doing something more along the lines of a Role-playing server for a bunch of my friends, where named critters are rebalanced for a smaller group of people and drop *all* of their loot, but once they die, they don't respawn. Also, I'm thinking that only the more unique quest items would be no drop. I'm also thinking of adjusting the game so that Vox and Naggy might have a lower target level, slightly higher in Vellious and then higher in Luclin. I know that after Luclin came out, you pretty much went straight to Luclin after level 8 or so, since Antonica and Kunark were pretty worthless until around level 25, because of how fast you could level in Luclin compared to Antonica and Kunark.

However, I do know that I want Luclin to be one of the top-end things that you go after (I would have to completely rebuild PoP, I hated the whole "Kill your own God without repurcussions to progress in the game" philosophy). I might leave PoK in place just because it's a smaller group of players and nobody wants to wait 2 hours for everyone to get together when you're level 18.

But I might be willing to help you with the Luclin stuff. I think I liked the Luclin content (with the exception of the lack of real factions) more than just about any of the other content. Vellious was nice too, but the higher-end encounters in Luclin were probably the most interesting.