PDA

View Full Version : EQBuilder 2.0

fathernitwit
04-06-2006, 02:11 AM
so,

I finally got off my ass and made a build of eqbuilder 2.0 for release. Havent tested this build a whole lot, not sure I care, but I figured I would put it out none the less. Source should be in CVS.

More info on the wiki:
http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=EqBuilder

MysticDeath
04-06-2006, 04:45 AM
Wooohooo, I am downloading this now. Yay, now I can update my zones a bit easier! :D thnx FNW

fathernitwit
04-07-2006, 01:04 AM
so, I somewhat failed to mention that eqextractor does not work with live, didnt even think about it. Sorry about that.

sdabbs65
04-07-2006, 01:57 AM
so, I somewhat failed to mention that eqextractor does not work with live, didnt even think about it. Sorry about that.
No but who cares Im glad to have what ew got ...woohoo now I can decode all these pdf files I have for over a year.

RangerDown
04-07-2006, 04:22 PM
It's not a .PDF decoder
it's a .PF decoder :D

And thanks FNW!! We were all looking forward to seeing a new builder

cavedude
04-08-2006, 12:12 AM
I just used to it populate 26 zones, works like a charm. The map features are a very nice change.

christianmoche
01-31-2009, 08:50 PM
thanks fathernitwit! :D

Neiv
02-01-2009, 11:49 PM
I guess I'm not getting it. I read the wikki description, but I'm still not sure what exactly this tool does, or under what circumstances I would use it. Can someone explain?

trevius
02-02-2009, 12:19 AM
EQBuilder is the tool developed mainly by/for PEQ which takes packet collects from live and turns them into eqemu zones.

Basically, I believe the program was used to read packet collects from EQLive and convert them into usable data for EQEmu Server databases. It is my understanding that the program has been non-functional for a long time now. Keep in mind that this thread is almost 3 years old.

I imagine that the source code for this program could be adjusted to work with EQLive to be usable for EQEmu again, but I don't think anyone with the skills required to do that is interested in actually doing it right now. Plus, that would require the source code for the tool and I don't know where to get it. Though, it would be useful for gathering data for the newer expansions.

cavedude
02-02-2009, 01:40 PM
The code is on the old CVS. Source/eqbuilder folder.

In order to get this working, we'd not only need its code updated to work with Live, but also that of eqextractor (converts live logs to eqbuilder format, and also extracts data such as zone data, zone points, doors, objects - its code is also on CVS) AND, we'd need a working packet collector for Live that exports in a format eqextractor can use. Quite the daunting task, for even somebody with the skills and ability to do so.

trevius
02-02-2009, 05:40 PM
I dunno, I would have to look at the source of those programs. Though, I would think that it would mostly just be putting in opcodes to identify the packets then the location of the information we need like X, Y, Z, Race, Etc within the packet structure. It would mostly just be looking at the spawn structure and probably the movement updates and then the ground spawn and door spawn packets I imagine.

I have been looking at the structures enough and on live as well that I could probably figure it out if things work as I think they would. We could use the ShowEQ structures for EQLive to identify where the info we need is. I don't think it would be too hard to even pull that info directly from a ShowEQ log file from EQLive. If I ever get free time to investigate this at some point, I might just have to give it a look. If anything, I would like to at least get door locations since those are really hard to set perfectly manually.

Andrew80k
02-03-2009, 01:48 PM
Gosh, Trev. We got it the first 12 times. :D

I've actually looked at these and they aren't that bad. The biggest problem is that I haven't taken the time to really understand the stream and how it works. Someone with some knowledge of the data stream (and some spare time) should be able to get this going again in a fairly short amount of time I would think.

cavedude
02-03-2009, 04:21 PM
Cleaned up the thread :P Don't worry, it's happen to me as well.

If somebody can get these guys back up and working, the PEQ team can get on Live and collect the hell out of it. Then, I'll merge the dumps into the DB so when the SoF client is farther along, at least the community will have some data for the newer zones.

trevius
02-03-2009, 05:06 PM
Haha, I guess it was a bad idea to try submitting a post as a way to verify if the forum is working or not. I have done it before, but normally am able to catch it and clean it up myself before too many people see it :P

I will try to get my hands on the source for eqextractor and eqbuilder maybe tonight. Since I am limited in what I can work on for SoF from work, maybe I can work on these 2 programs in the meantime. At the very least, I think I should be able to assess how hard it will be or if it will even be something I can handle myself or not.

trevius
02-09-2009, 09:31 AM
The code is on the old CVS. Source/eqbuilder folder.

In order to get this working, we'd not only need its code updated to work with Live, but also that of eqextractor (converts live logs to eqbuilder format, and also extracts data such as zone data, zone points, doors, objects - its code is also on CVS) AND, we'd need a working packet collector for Live that exports in a format eqextractor can use. Quite the daunting task, for even somebody with the skills and ability to do so.

Cavedude, how exactly do I get to the old CVS to get the source of those 2 programs? I am trying to use WinCVS, and entering the following:
:pserver:anonymous@peq.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/source

And it gives me this error:
cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@peq.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/source checkout -P -- eqextractor (in directory C:\Temp)
cvs checkout: Empty password used - try 'cvs login' with a real password

cvs [checkout aborted]: authorization failed: server peq.cvs.sourceforge.net rejected access to /cvsroot/source for user anonymous

I definitely want to start looking at these soon to get an idea if I can help with them or not. I just need help figuring out how to get them :P

cavedude
02-09-2009, 01:45 PM
Unless you made a typo, it looks like you're trying to grab from PEQ :P

I usually just follow the sourceforge page using the plain ole cvs command which says:

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@eqemulator.cvs.sourceforge.net :/cvsroot/eqemulator login

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@eqemulator.cvs.sourceforge.net :/cvsroot/eqemulator co -P EQEmuCVS

I assume you can tack on /Source/eqbuilder and /Source/eqextractor after EQEmuCVS to grab just those two projects. If you do get them working, might as stick them in SVN under utils.

Andrew80k
02-09-2009, 02:52 PM
I took a crack at compiling these 2 over the weekend both on Unix and Windows. I don't have the MFC classes with the Express version of the compiler I have for windows and wasn't able to get anywhere close to getting it going there. I made some more progress compiling it on Linux, but it still failed for me, but I'm using gcc 4+ an older version *might* compile it. But it appeared to have some files missing, namely one of the logsys files, but I don't remember which one off the top of my head. I thought I'd take a little different tack and hack up ShowEQ to get it to give me the information that I was looking for and then hack it up some more to log it properly. That might work, /shrug.

cavedude
02-09-2009, 03:02 PM
The missing files are probably in common, in fact you may need zone too. Might as well grab all of the source.

ShowEQ is extremely limited when compared with the power of eqextractor and EQBuilder. Between the two, they can handle zone data, doors, objects, ground spawns, traps, NPCs with full stats and their paths, merchantlists, etc. Even I sometimes take things like doors and zone data for granted, but looking at these new zones, I'm starting to see how brutal it will be to do it all manually :(

Andrew80k
02-09-2009, 03:44 PM
The missing files are probably in common, in fact you may need zone too. Might as well grab all of the source.

ShowEQ is extremely limited when compared with the power of eqextractor and EQBuilder. Between the two, they can handle zone data, doors, objects, ground spawns, traps, NPCs with full stats and their paths, merchantlists, etc. Even I sometimes take things like doors and zone data for granted, but looking at these new zones, I'm starting to see how brutal it will be to do it all manually :(
I downloaded the entire codebase again to make sure I was getting the latest. But these 2 haven't been updated in years, and if there is stuff in zone and common it's probably not even going to compile anyway, but that would likely give clues to where things need to be fixed. Is it possible that the files it's expecting no longer exist? Has the logging changed in the last couple of years? If so they may actually just be gone in favor of something else. I've only been on the emu for a year or so actively so I don't recall.

cavedude
02-09-2009, 04:47 PM
The newest of the files look to be 18 months old, so:

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@eqemulator.cvs.sourceforge.net :/cvsroot/eqemulator co -D "01 Sep 2007" -P EQEmuCVS

Should grab them all from that time period. I'll try when I get home.

trevius
02-10-2009, 05:40 AM
Cool, I got them now. Just from a quick review of the source for eqextractor and eqbuilder, it looks like it may be fairly easy to get them working pretty well. That is assuming there aren't currently any issues with compiling these builds. It looks like all they need are new opcodes and structs to match eqlive. I think combining some of the structs I have made for SoF, and the structs and opcodes from ShowEQ, it shouldn't be that bad at all. At least, that is if that is all there is to updating them. Really, it should only require just a few structures and opcodes to be accurate. Off the top of my head, I think it would mostly just be the spawn, door, objects, positionupdate, newzone and zonepoints structures (and related opcodes) that would be able to get 90% of what we would want.

I will probably start trying them out soon and see what happens.

Andrew80k
02-14-2009, 11:20 PM
Anyone have any luck with this yet. I tried getting the Sep 1 version but I'm getting the same error:

make[1]: *** No rule to make target `../common/logsys_eqemu.o', needed by `world'. Stop.

cavedude
02-14-2009, 11:29 PM
I've reverted to using VS 6.0 and MySQL 4.0 on Windows and I am getting there. Tons of code errors but hopefully I'll get it to compile.

As for your error, just add the file to your makefile ;) But, why you are building world? It isn't required to do so.

Andrew80k
02-15-2009, 12:25 AM
Well I've made much more progress. I have the collector compiled now, but the extractor isn't happy. I compiled world because it seemed, at least on linux that it was looking for other stuff. Now that I have everything except extractor compiling, I probably don't really need to. But I tried a couple of ways before to get it to compile by itself and I just kept getting dependency issues. I compiled it all and it seems to like that better. Now it's just time to find out where it's broken...

trevius
02-15-2009, 06:39 PM
Let me know if you guys can get these to compile. If I am right and all that is needed is updated Struct/Opcodes, that should be considerably easy to do using ShowEQ source.

Since I am pretty busy with SoF still, I don't have much time to work on this just yet. But, if anyone wants to test out if my theory on how to fix them is correct, I would gladly spend a few minutes to update something easy like Doors so you guys could see if it then works to collect doors. If that doesn't work, then there is probably more to it than I am thinking. If it does work though, it should verify that we could have these great tools up and running again in no time. Really, using the ShowEQ source, almost anyone could do it. They keep opcodes that we would want for this in the /conf/zone_opcodes.xml file and the packet structures are in the /src/everquest.h file. ShowEQ and EQEmu use almost the exact same structure setup, so it will almost be just a copy and paste. Other than that, you may need to compare the Titanium struct/field names with the struct/field names from ShowEQ and make sure that they match. For the ones that don't match, you just need to use your best guess as to which Titanium field would be in place of the ShowEQ field. Most of those are very easy to tell though, because it is the difference of something like "Name" and "name" in most cases.

I will definitely take some time after SoF development settles down some and give these tools a shot. But, if anyone wants to have a try at it before then, feel free! I will definitely try to answer any questions anyone working on these might have. Though, I really can't help much with the actual compile. I suck at that stuff, lol. I would mostly just be able to help with Structs and Opcodes since I have been getting alot of experience with them lately :P

Andrew80k
02-15-2009, 09:53 PM
I'm still having trouble getting the extractor to compile. There are some files missing from the cvs download that I can't even find in the svn. I tried to copy things around and comment stuff out but I'm still not having any luck. I may just skip it for now and see if I can just get the collector going. Once I have that going and collecting logs I can work on the extractor to get the data out of them. I'm working on it a bit tonight.

trevius
02-24-2009, 07:16 AM
Hmm yeah, I can't get either of these even close to compiling either. If you can get either compiling, or if someone can't find a version that does actually compile, I will start trying out adjusting some structs and opcodes in them and running them to see if they might actually be able to get working with Live again. Once the compile works for both, it won't be hard for me to find out just how rough it will be to get them both updated for EQLive again. I imagine it won't be bad at all.

Really, all I need is something that can identify an opcode and then use a packet structure to parse the fields out and convert that to SQL. ShowEQ already has easily readable log files that could be parsed pretty easily. I know that is basically all these 2 programs are doing. If I knew enough about how to make something that could do that, I would make one myself lol. It would just need to be able to convert hex into strings, floats and int8, int16 and int32s. After that it would be all about putting them into a format that could make an SQL file or go directly into the database even.

I figure that if I have to, I may just use ShowEQ to collect the really hard stuff to get set perfectly like doors and manually break each field down from the packet and add them to my database manually. I could probably do doors in about 5 minutes each, which is much less time than trying to place them the hard way lol.

trevius
02-24-2009, 10:01 AM
Yeah, just to test it, I just manually converted all of the doors in Crescent Reach into the database and they seem to work perfectly. Everything is in the right place and even lifts work great and are perfectly aligned. I just broke down each packet to fit the packet structure for doors, and then used hexvis to get all of the info from the hex that I needed for the table.

So, if needed, things like this could be done manually with some work, but it would be extremely nice to get the 2 tools working that were made to do this automatically :)

Andrew80k
02-24-2009, 12:04 PM
Well, I was able to get the collector to compile under linux. It includes a bunch of stuff from the common files so I've been trying to make sure it was using the latest version of stuff. My next step is to take what I can of the ShowEQ stuff and make sure the structs and opcodes are correct for live and then try to collect to see what that does. Unfortunately, it's probably going to be slow for me for a bit as I just got into the teeth of my graduate classes. I will be trying to get this going over the next couple of weeks though. I'll post as I progress. I haven't gotten the extractor to compile yet, but I suspect that I know what is wrong and I think I have solved it but I haven't tried it yet. It's not much use without the collector working so my priority is on the collector. Once the collector is working again I can pass that to the PEQ guys and they can start collecting the heck out of live zones and I'll start working on the extractor. I don't think the builder will be hard once the others are working. It actually may work just the way it is, but we'll see.

trevius
02-24-2009, 05:03 PM
Oh, you are working on eqcollector? I thought were were only talking about eqextractor and eqbuilder2. I think eqextractor pulls the data from the packet collect and puts it in a certain order or whatever and then eqbuilder takes the output from eqextractor and puts it into the database. I am not sure how eqcollector would fit into all of that, but I didn't think it would be useful to us anymore. Plus, IIRC, the structures and stuff work differently there, so it would be harder to get it going I think.

trevius
02-24-2009, 05:55 PM
Ok, after re-reading the post that cavedude made earlier in this thread, it looks like eqextractor needs something before it that can actually convert the packets into something it can read to do the extractions from. I am guessing that is what eqcollector is, needed for then.

Really, it seems like quite a hassle to have to use 3 programs to accomplish this lol. The log files from ShowEQ should be pretty simple for a parser to be able to handle pulling the data from. They clearly show the opcodes for each packet and which direction they are being sent from. So, once a parser can identify those 2 things, it should just be a matter of running the data in the packet through a struct to have it converted. Then, once it is converted, it would just need something to tell the program which tables/fields in the database to put each bit of data into.

I am not really sure why these 3 programs are requiring so many extra files and stuff from the source code. Really, I would think that if they are just parsing something and converting it to something else, it should be pretty straight forward and not require a bunch of code to do it. It is too bad we don't have FNW here anymore to maybe give some advise, or at least to get the apps able to compile again :) After that point, I am sure someone can get them working with Live again.

cavedude
02-24-2009, 06:20 PM
It is silly to have 3 programs, but at the same time it makes some sense. The packet collector produces pf files (I think, it's been some time) which eqextractor is able to read. Eqextractor can then dump the doors, zone data, zone points, books, aas, objects, etc to a sql that source right into the DB. It also has the ability to export to a file format that EQBuilder understands. EQBuilder is what creates the NPCs, spawns, grids, and merchantlists. Its accuracy is really pretty terrific. Eqextractor and EQBuilder can probably be merged into a single program, but that would probably require a bit of annoying work, it might just be easier to get the two of them working as is.

If eqextractor can be updated to import ShowEQ logs, then our collector would no longer be needed. That's probably for the best, as that will be one less program we need to maintain. At that point we would just need to update eqextractor and eqbuilder with the new structs, opcodes, and database structure. I'll talk to FNW and see if he could possibly rewrite the programs so they at least compile in a modern environment. From there, Trevius if you can update the structs and like, I can update the database structure portion of the code and then we all collect the hell out of Live ;)

Sylaei
05-27-2009, 10:30 PM
I was just wondering if Andrew80K was still working on eqcollector/eqextractor/eqbuilder?

I have the source but didn't want to duplicate effort. :-)

trevius
05-27-2009, 10:38 PM
I was just wondering if Andrew80K was still working on eqcollector/eqextractor/eqbuilder?

I have the source but didn't want to duplicate effort. :-)

I highly doubt it. I think he gave up shortly after seeing how badly the compiles failed :P

Andrew80k
05-27-2009, 11:36 PM
I'm still working on it. I actually got it to compile and run fine. I have the opcodes updated and about half way through the structures, but since I'm using ShowEQ to get the structures from and they are not as interested in some of the stuff as we are, the going is kind of slow. I have had to use some of the struct info from the SoF stuff and that's only been recently where it's getting pretty solid. Then I have to sort of wing it.

I should say that I have only got it working on my Linux box. I don't have an MFC compiler to use for the windows compile. Apparently, the MFC classes don't come with the express version. /shrug.

Sylaei
05-28-2009, 01:12 AM
I have vs2k3 pro, it has the MFC classes. I'll go ahead and see if I can get it to compile, at least get the dependancies worked out, then can take the code you have and try to compile it. Let me know if this sounds ok to you or let me know what you need.

Just a thought if its not too much work we'll want to remove the MFC stuff and get it back to pure c++ code? More or less a question. :-)

Ps. I got the source from sourceforge tonight.

cavedude
05-28-2009, 01:14 AM
Just a thought if its not too much work we'll want to remove the MFC stuff and get it back to pure c++ code? More or less a question. :-)

That's the crap I'm failing on, so yes!

Andrew80k
05-28-2009, 11:01 AM
That's the crap I'm failing on, so yes!
Agreed. My C++ is kinda rusty so it's taking me a bit longer than I'd hoped. I'll try to see if I can get the first whack at a complete update done by next week. I'll have to come up with a decent way to keep it updated without having to hand jam in all the struct changes and opcode changes everytime. The opcodes aren't too bad as there is a script out there that does and should just take some minor tweaking to get at least workable. The structs are a bit more problematic since they aren't one to one with showeq. Also keep in mind I'm only working on the collector, not the other pieces just yet. First things first. ;)

Dibalamin
05-28-2009, 11:59 AM
Wow, this is some really good news. Nice work!

gaeorn
05-28-2009, 12:20 PM
Would it be good to put this into a project someplace so those interested can combine efforts?

Andrew80k
06-14-2009, 11:49 PM
Small update....

I got the code mostly updated and working on Linux but I'm still stuck on a windows version. I took a break to try to get the windows compile going. I had it down to 5 errors and in fixing those I now am up to around 70. I'll get it eventually, but I'm going to take a break from that and start my live collects to see where I need to start adjusting the structs and see if I can get it enough along to distribute back out for folks to start collecting...

Sylaei
06-15-2009, 12:45 AM
I have gotten eqemucollector to compile but I am still getting errors on the linking.
This is one of the errors, but I haven't had much time to research them.

EQStreamPair.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "class std::vector<void (__cdecl*)(class EQStreamPair const *),class std::allocator<void (__cdecl*)(class EQStreamPair const *)> > StreamDestroyHandlers" (?StreamDestroyHandlers@@3V?$vecto
r@P6AXPBVEQStreamPair@@@ZV?$allocator@P6AXPBVEQStr eamPair@@@Z@std@@@std@@A)

I am building it on a virtual pc running xp and visual c++ 6.0. I didn't have any luck building it with visual studio 2003.

I have had to move some files around and things of that nature. I assume this means that the source I downloaded wouldn't have compiled back when it was commited to sourceforge.

Also I am only working on the CLI version at this point. There is a DumpHeaders project that is missing from the cvs. At this point I don't think it is required.

Andrew80k
06-15-2009, 10:54 AM
I'm using Visual C++ Pro 2008 to work on it but I'm running into many of the issues you are on Windows I'm sure. Are you removing the MFC stuff? I'm considering going that route, but if you are going to work on the Windows version I may just defer to you and stick with the Linux version since it is actually working...

trevius
06-15-2009, 05:28 PM
If you have the collector or any of the other tools compiling under Linux, maybe we should get an SVN setup for them or add them somewhere in the existing SVN. I think all of those programs are pretty small, so it could probably be added directly into the trunk of the /utils directory of the EQEmu server source code. That way, people can work together to get them working easier. I think CD and KLS would be ok with adding you guys to the SVN if you are working on the collector/builder tools.

I assume that if the collector is working under Linux, that it can just watch the packets going to a Windows box if both the Windows PC and Linux PC are connected to a hub. That is how ShowEQ works anyway. I already have this setup going for ShowEQ packet collects, so it would be very easy for me to use it. It would be nice to have the packet sniffer working on Windows to make it so anyone could use it, but the others are fine being Linux only IMO.

Interesting stuff!

Andrew80k
06-15-2009, 05:53 PM
If you have the collector or any of the other tools compiling under Linux, maybe we should get an SVN setup for them or add them somewhere in the existing SVN. I think all of those programs are pretty small, so it could probably be added directly into the trunk of the /utils directory of the EQEmu server source code. That way, people can work together to get them working easier. I think CD and KLS would be ok with adding you guys to the SVN if you are working on the collector/builder tools.

I assume that if the collector is working under Linux, that it can just watch the packets going to a Windows box if both the Windows PC and Linux PC are connected to a hub. That is how ShowEQ works anyway. I already have this setup going for ShowEQ packet collects, so it would be very easy for me to use it. It would be nice to have the packet sniffer working on Windows to make it so anyone could use it, but the others are fine being Linux only IMO.

Interesting stuff!
Yeah, that's pretty much exactly the way the linux version works. That's been one of my hangups. I couldn't locate my hub. I've been using a pair of routers and the hub was never unpacked from my last move. So it was MIA. I've actually had the linux version running for a few weeks, but couldn't test it until I located the hub. Finally found it and will be starting the collection testing here in the next few days. It is my fervent hope to get the collector out publicly in the next 2 weeks. Matters not at all to me how people want it disseminated. It's up to the community. I can post a diff of the changes, or post it in it's entirety and then someone can update the svn (probably the best way). It uses a bunch of stuff from common, but will need it's own version of the common files since we don't chase live, the common stuff that needs to be changed for it to monitor live can't be changed in the emu version. I have sort of done that, but not completely. I will do it prior to posting it. I'd rather wait until I get some testing done to post it. That way I can adjust the structs/opcodes a bit more that I'm pretty sure are off a little. Shouldn't really be that much changing to be honest.

trevius
06-15-2009, 06:06 PM
PM me your gmail email address if you have one. I have something that might help you with doing the opcode work.

Cavedude or KLS might need to chime in on if we want to start including these tools in the standard EQEmu download in the utils directory. Either that or we can always setup a new SVN page just for these tools. You may want to PM your gmail address to Cavedude and KLS as well in case they want to get you added to the SVN if it is decided that we want to just add them to the /utils folder. Sylaei might want to send their Gmail address as well to us just in case.

I think that many of the structures should be similar or matching EQLive with what we have already for SoF. For the ones that are not matching yet, it should be fairly easy to make the needed adjustments to make sure they do match.

Once the tools are on an SVN somewhere that I have access to, I can certainly help to finalize any structure or opcode issues that might remain. I am getting good at that stuff :P

It is going to be awesome to get this stuff working again. I have really been dreading trying to do SoF AAs all manually from ShowEQ packet logs. Once the tools are working again fully, collecting the AA information should only take me an hour or so to log in each class and collect and then convert them into the table. Then, I am sure there will need to be some cleanup done to finalize it, but that is much easier than the part of converting each packet manually into a database entry!

cavedude
06-15-2009, 08:09 PM
Yeah, these tools should go in utils. Shoot me a PM with a gmail address (or an email address that has been linked to google) and I'll setup access. Just make sure you put World Building tools or something in the title so I don't miss the PM. :)

Sylaei
06-15-2009, 09:45 PM
Andrew80k, I would like to get the collector to compile then attempt to remove the MFC crap. At some point I assume we'll try to merge the windows and linux code into one. I'm also going to move to 2008 after the MFC is removed.

I'll keep working on the windows version and you can put the linux version out there so we can get started collecting from live sooner.
:-)

Andrew80k
06-15-2009, 11:00 PM
Andrew80k, I would like to get the collector to compile then attempt to remove the MFC crap. At some point I assume we'll try to merge the windows and linux code into one. I'm also going to move to 2008 after the MFC is removed.

I'll keep working on the windows version and you can put the linux version out there so we can get started collecting from live sooner.
:-)
Sounds good. I should be able to put something out in a week or two.

trevius
06-15-2009, 11:51 PM
When you get SVN access setup, feel free to PM me if you have any questions about how to use it or how to do commits. It's pretty simple once you do it for the first time.

If possible, you can put what you have so far on the SVN before it is ready. Then I can help with structs and stuff. If you would rather wait until it is ready, that is fine too, but it doesn't have to be done to go on the SVN IMO. That is part of the reason for having the SVN so multiple people can work together :)

Sylaei
06-16-2009, 12:21 AM
I have it down to 3 linker errors. Getting close I think. :-)

Andrew80k
06-16-2009, 02:54 PM
I have it down to 3 linker errors. Getting close I think. :-)
Sweet! I pulled all the code out separate from the build, reorganized it and got it compiling under utils. As soon as I get it going with the current live stuff I'll put it on the svn.

Andrew80k
06-16-2009, 11:12 PM
Got my first pf dump tonight. So that's progress. Unfortunately, I don't have any way to read it, so I don't know if it's any good or not. So... I started working on the extractor too. I need to make a few tweeks to the collector to get rid of some errors that I'm getting but once I do that I'll post it and folks can get to collecting and hopefully by then I'll have made enough progress on the extractor to determine if it needs more tweeking...

trevius
06-16-2009, 11:28 PM
I think Wireshark can read the .pf files, but I dunno for sure with the way that the collector uses them since I have never used any of those eq collecting tools before.

Sylaei
06-17-2009, 01:00 AM
I have had some luck tonight also. It built. Won't run but it is a Zlib1.dll error and easily overcome I think. Also got it moved up to VS 2k3, so it has been an exciting couple of days for the collector.

;-)

Shendare
06-17-2009, 01:36 AM
Zlib1.dll is an easy one.

1. Go to http://www.zlib.net/ and download the "compiled zlib dll"

2. Extract it somewhere useful. I just stuck it in C:\Program Files\zlib, but if you have a dedicated place for coding libs and dlls and such, that would be better.

3. Add the appropriate paths (include, lib, etc.) to your IDE C++ directories settings.

4. In the Project Properties under Linker -> Input, add the additional dependency zlib.lib

Depending on your system config, you may need to add "libcmt.lib" as an "Ignore specific library" setting, since it's a multi-thread library and can conflict with zlib's single-threaded nature.

I think that's all there was to get zlib-based projects to work on my machine.

- Shendare

Andrew80k
06-17-2009, 10:49 AM
I think Wireshark can read the .pf files, but I dunno for sure with the way that the collector uses them since I have never used any of those eq collecting tools before.
I never thought of that. I'll give it a try this evening. I mostly got the extractor up to date with the collector though. Still much to do, but it's coming along.

Andrew80k
06-17-2009, 10:49 AM
I have had some luck tonight also. It built. Won't run but it is a Zlib1.dll error and easily overcome I think. Also got it moved up to VS 2k3, so it has been an exciting couple of days for the collector.

;-)
This is really good to hear, as I think it'll be easier to get a lot of people collecting if we can get a windows compile.

provocating
07-08-2009, 05:43 PM
I will be happy to enable my live account and help. It may be the only way I can ever help so I will be glad to pitch in.

Andrew80k
08-10-2009, 01:43 PM
Wanted to give a small update on this since it's been a while. I'm still working on this and ran into a snag. While it appears that I have the collector working mostly, I have been working on trying to get the extractor working so I can validate the collector. It's been an uphill battle just getting it to compile. I finally have it nearly working, just a couple small things left and I should be able to get it going. It's taken a little longer than I expected but am hoping to have something that the community can use here in the next few weeks.

trevius
08-14-2009, 11:12 PM
That is awesome to hear, Andrew80k! I was curious if you were still working on this or not. You could always put what you have so far up on the SVN as source. I bet others would be willing to help get some of the final issues worked out. These tools will be amazing to have working again and with them on an SVN, we should be able to keep them updated often enough to make sure they don't get so out of date every again.

Sylaei
08-30-2009, 10:51 PM
Just an update to let everyone know I am still working on the getting the windows versions of eqemucollector working. I have had some RL stuff get in the way, so I haven't had much time lately.

provocating
08-30-2009, 11:54 PM
I am just pleased you are making progress.

Andrew80k
08-31-2009, 02:12 PM
I will be putting up what I have on the SVN sometime this week or by the weekend. Unfortunately, that's pretty limited. The version of the collector that I have compiles and works on LINUX only. Syalei is working on the Win version. The collector I have is still throwing some CRC errors that I haven't completely tracked down and unfortunately, I still don't have the extractor working so I can't validate any of the stuff I've collected thus far. Since that is the case, don't expect to get much out of it until I can get that working. I've tried using wireshark to view the collected packets, to no avail. I am still working on the extractor and I don't really expect to make much progress with the collector until I get that working.

AndMetal
08-31-2009, 02:45 PM
I will be putting up what I have on the SVN sometime this week or by the weekend. Unfortunately, that's pretty limited. The version of the collector that I have compiles and works on LINUX only. Syalei is working on the Win version. The collector I have is still throwing some CRC errors that I haven't completely tracked down and unfortunately, I still don't have the extractor working so I can't validate any of the stuff I've collected thus far. Since that is the case, don't expect to get much out of it until I can get that working. I've tried using wireshark to view the collected packets, to no avail. I am still working on the extractor and I don't really expect to make much progress with the collector until I get that working.

Feel free to create a branch for continued development on it. That way, if you need some assistance, we can know what we're working with :-)

JDf
05-21-2020, 03:33 PM
so,

I finally got off my ass and made a build of eqbuilder 2.0 for release. Havent tested this build a whole lot, not sure I care, but I figured I would put it out none the less. Source should be in CVS.

More info on the wiki:
http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=EqBuilder

I realize we are swapping to github, but is every file that was ever given on forums available there? I cant seem to locate many myself. Any help would be appreciated please. Getting old clicking links to see 404 errors.