PDA

View Full Version : No servers with minilogin

drunkgoblin
04-20-2006, 10:07 PM
I downloaded cavemans 3.1 server pack, and got a public server up and running no problem. I'm trying to set up the minilogin on a different computer, and it doesn't seem to work. At first I couldn't login, then I read a thread about that and was able to fix that. Now I can log in but no servers show up. I've tried changing the server name several times, as well as reinstalling the emupack. No luck so far. If anyone has a solution for this I'd love to hear from you.
thanks.
-Drunkgoblin

vRandom
04-21-2006, 02:18 AM
I had to set the following for mine to work.

<localaddress>127.0.0.1</localaddress>

http://eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=20326

vRandom

cavedude
04-21-2006, 03:45 AM
If the server and client are on a different machine, then you have to specify the IP address of the client machine in the database. Issue this command from a MySQL prompt (open a command command prompt, type mysql):

update account set minilogin_ip = 192.168.0.1 where name = 'mini';

Obviously change 192.168.0.1 to whatever the IP of your client is. That will then enable you to login with the user/pass of mini/mini if you are using a default install of the installer pack. Though, just so you know the password isn't registered so you can type anything you want for it.

drunkgoblin
04-21-2006, 04:16 AM
ah, when I said different computer i meant a different machine than the one I have the public server on. I am connecting from the same machine that I'm hosting the minilogin on, and I have no problems logging in, just can't see my server. sorry for not being clear, was up real late last night.

###Your current configuration is as follows:

loginserver.ini:
[LoginServer]
loginserver=127.0.0.1
loginport=5999
worldname=My Minilogin
worldaddress=127.0.0.1
locked=false
account=myaccount
password=mypass

[WorldServer]
Defaultstatus=
Unavailzone=
[ChatChannelServer]

worldshortname=
chataddress=
chatport=

[LoginConfig]
ServerMode=Minilogin
ServerPort=5999

<?xml version="1.0">
<server>
<world>
<shortname>minilogin</shortname>
<longname>My Minilogin</longname>

<!-- Only specify these two if you really think you need to. -->
<address>127.0.0.1</address>

<!-- Loginserver information. -->
<loginserver>
<host>127.0.0.1</host>
<port>5999</port>
<account>myaccount</account>
<password>mypassword</password>
</loginserver>

<!-- Sets the shared key used by zone/launcher to connect to world -->
<key>some long random string</key>

<!-- Enable and set the port for the HTTP service. -->
<http port="9080" enabled="true" mimefile="mime.types" />
</world>

<!-- Database configuration, replaces db.ini. -->
<database>
<host>localhost</host>
<port>3306</port>
<username>eq</username>
<password>eq</password>
<db>emusp3</db>
</database>
</server>

rojadruid
04-21-2006, 06:26 AM
ah, when I said different computer i meant a different machine than the one I have the public server on. I am connecting from the same machine that I'm hosting the minilogin on, and I have no problems logging in, just can't see my server. sorry for not being clear, was up real late last night.

###Your current configuration is as follows:

loginserver.ini:
[LoginServer]
loginserver=127.0.0.1
loginport=5999
worldname=My Minilogin
worldaddress=127.0.0.1
locked=false
account=myaccount
password=mypass

[WorldServer]
Defaultstatus=
Unavailzone=
[ChatChannelServer]

worldshortname=
chataddress=
chatport=

[LoginConfig]
ServerMode=Minilogin
ServerPort=5999

<?xml version="1.0">
<server>
<world>
<shortname>minilogin</shortname>
<longname>My Minilogin</longname>

<!-- Only specify these two if you really think you need to. -->
<address>127.0.0.1</address>

<!-- Loginserver information. -->
<loginserver>
<host>127.0.0.1</host>
<port>5999</port>
<account>myaccount</account>
<password>mypassword</password>
</loginserver>

<!-- Sets the shared key used by zone/launcher to connect to world -->
<key>some long random string</key>

<!-- Enable and set the port for the HTTP service. -->
<http port="9080" enabled="true" mimefile="mime.types" />
</world>

<!-- Database configuration, replaces db.ini. -->
<database>
<host>localhost</host>
<port>3306</port>
<username>eq</username>
<password>eq</password>
<db>emusp3</db>
</database>
</server>

Going to try the obvious one here, what is in your eqhosts.txt file?

drunkgoblin
04-21-2006, 08:59 AM
My eqhosts.txt is set to 127.0.0.1:5999 like is suposed to be. And like I said I can log in so thats working fine.

Jaos
04-21-2006, 09:53 AM
I am also having this problem he is describing, im following the walk-through to the T, ran VerCheck to make sure my client is compatible, and everything seems to be working just fine, but no servers are coming up on the server select screen.

I have searched through every thread with a similar problem and tried all of the reccomended solutions, but none have worked so far. =(

-Jaos

drunkgoblin
04-21-2006, 10:38 AM
Glad to know I'm not alone in having this problem, not to wish pain on others, but the more people who work at something the faster a solution presents itself. Lets hope that will be soon.

cavedude
04-21-2006, 10:51 AM
I'm sorry guys I just can't reproduce the problem. A fresh install of the 3.1 installer logs right in for me on 2 machines. I would uninstall EQEmu, drop the database, remove the eq MySQL user, and try again. Don't edit any files because there is no need to.

drunkgoblin
04-21-2006, 11:16 AM
oh yeah and I'm using Titanium edition eq, suppose that would do it? tried reinstalling all related programs(and deletng their directories), no luck.

Maus
04-21-2006, 03:31 PM
Still the same trouble.. tried it on 2 out of 3 computers on my network multiple times now...

drunkgoblin
04-22-2006, 05:51 AM
3.5 installer doesn't work either :( fresh unedited install, won't login till you copy the patch_6.2 to opcodes.conf, once thats done server still doesn't show up. Must be the Titanium edition, unless someone has gotten it to work with it.

cavedude
04-22-2006, 06:27 AM
I have tested it with Titanium it works fine, are you sure you grabbed the right version? There is no need to copy the opcodes file over because they are the same file 3.5.

klinzhai
04-22-2006, 08:18 AM
Just a quick note... it's *not* the installation version that we're running of the client. My client connects just fine to the public servers, gets me a nice big list of servers, login, create a character run around and kill stuff. No problems at all on the public servers.

drunkgoblin
04-22-2006, 09:13 AM
Yeah, I have a 070 public server running and I can connect and play with titanium edition just fine, I'm just saying I think theres some problem with titanium edition and minilogin... at least on some machines. (quick note about the opcode, I had to do what it says in this thread: http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=20352 to login on the 3.1 client. I had to do the same on the 3.5 client because as you said its the same file, although I did try to login with the default file first, no go.) could there be an entry in the windows hosts file that would conflict with the minilogin?

therealjjj77
04-25-2006, 05:10 PM
I found a problem that I was having. My database was not properly loaded. Here is what I did to resolve it. First I went to Add/Remove Programs and removed both MySQL and ACTIVE PERL and then found both folders in C: drive and deleted them. Uninstalled EQEmu but left the map folder in the EQEMU folder. Then restarted my computer. Installed MYSQL. Restarted again. Installed ACTIVE PERL. Restarted again. Then reinstalled dude's pack.