PDA

View Full Version : Minilogin - Logging in on different PC (Db7.0)

Foxseven
04-23-2006, 05:05 AM
Hello all. It has been ages since I have been on. By the time I came back I was patched to live and had to wait several months to get back in. Long story short - I am excited to be back =)

Ok to my question. I will break this down the best I know how.

Minilogin using Cavedude's 3.5 app.

1st PC = Main server - CAN log in to DB (192.168.0.103)
2nd PC = Second PC - CANNOT Log in. (192.168.0.101)

Default Gateway on both is 192.168.0.1

On the server side the DB.ini and Loginserver are using default values from the 3.5 app. (posted at bottom)

My second PC cannot seem to connect to the char login. I can log in - but I cannot actually get the server select to allow me to get to the character creation. It locks up and kicks me back to the password screen. But - I do see the server and it is not locked. So it appears I am logged in - but as I said thats about as far as I can get.

Any help would be appreciated!

db.ini
[Database]
host=127.0.0.1
user=eq
password=eq
database=eq

loginserver.ini
###Your current configuration is as follows:
loginserver.ini:
[LoginServer]
loginserver=127.0.0.1
loginport=5999
worldname=My Minilogin
worldaddress=127.0.0.1
locked=false
account=
password=
[WorldServer]
Defaultstatus=
Unavailzone=
[ChatChannelServer]
worldshortname=
chataddress=
chatport=
[LoginConfig]
ServerMode=Minilogin
ServerPort=5999

Foxseven
04-23-2006, 05:19 AM
Also, a note. Here are my files from the second PC. I connect - see the server - but cannot get in (no it isnt locked)

---loginserver
loginserver=192.168.0.103
loginport=5999
---eqhost
[LoginServer]
Host=192.168.0.103:5999

drunkgoblin
04-23-2006, 10:47 AM
Change server hosts loginserver IP and host ip and world ip to your computers network ip, also enter that computers network ip on the connecting computers eqhosts file with port 5999.
leave the databse ip at 127.0.0.1. Now go into the accounts databse and make an account name, password, status level, and IP address(the ip of the computer the client is on). now you should be able to get on using that account.

Foxseven
04-23-2006, 01:45 PM
That did it - thanks a ton for the quick reply.

armflailing
04-24-2006, 05:24 PM
Hi, I'm having the same trouble with logging in from another computer, I can login with my server but not with my client. I added an acount and put the client's ip in it. Is status supposed to be set to 0? Also what else do I need to edit on the client to get this to work besides the eqhost.txt? Does the client have to run minilogin at all?

klinzhai
04-25-2006, 07:41 AM
Give it a status of 250 (I think that's full rights - GM) for testing. Once you have it worked out better you can drop it down to 'user' rights (20? Not sure offhand).

Foxseven
04-25-2006, 11:56 AM
Do you mean status at the server list or account table status?

Status in the server list is population
Status in the account db is GM levels - 250 is the default if you want to be a GM

Do exactly what was recommended for my issue. I read it a few times and followed step by step. Only problem after that was that the main account was now appearing on both PC's no matter who I logged in as. But I can live with that and it took so long to get that far I didnt want to jack with it even more.

klinzhai
04-25-2006, 04:13 PM
He said that he added an account for the client and was then asking if the status was supposed to be set to 0. I'm talking about (and assuming that he was also) the status inside the account table.

klinzhai
05-09-2006, 09:10 AM
I'm not sure what problems have been happening with connecting from multiple computers. I haven't had any problems connecting from both the localhost and from other computers on the LAN to the server at the same time.

1) Use your LAN IP for all your settings in the config file.

2) For the localhost account in the database, set the minilogin ip for the LAN IP.

3) Set the accounts for your other computers to be whatever their IP is and make sure that they have the server's IP address in their eqhosts.txt file.

4) Set the IP address in your eqhosts.txt file on the local client (the one on the same computer as the server) to 127.0.0.1

That worked great from me and I did see it try to connect locally from a different account once, but I just logged out and logged back in and it corrected itself immediately, not sure if it was just a fluke, a timing bug with when I logged in or what, but logging out and logging back in with the machine that got the wrong character list seemed to work fine for me. I've got 3 different accounts running in the same house, including the client that's running on the local machine. Going to try to get people running remotely tonight I think.