Click Run
If using WinME/98/95: Type in 'command'
If using Win2k/XP/2k3: Type in 'cmd'
Type in 'c:'
Type in 'cd \PROGRA~1\Everquest'
Type in 'eqgame.exe patchme'

Note--Press enter after each of those:)
Note--Don't type in the quotes
Note--The tilde (~) is located above the tab key on the left side of the keyboard

*EDIT* Merth Jul/28/2003 - This still works with the current EQEMu, even though the post is old!

Shawn319
02-12-2002, 05:19 PM
If anyone has a problem connecting to the loginserver or the emu by using patchme try EQW. There is a known problem causing some people using patchme to not be able to connect.

http://forums.eqemu.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=378

Hatorneyfus
02-24-2002, 10:59 PM
Question... even if the latest patch is patched... is it possible to play it patched or do we need to let it like it is if we just installed the game??

NeoCrash
02-26-2002, 08:37 AM
Hello nOObie here do i need an Everquest account to use the Emulator?

Hatorneyfus
02-26-2002, 09:04 AM
Nope ;)

NeoCrash
02-26-2002, 09:08 AM
hehe :D

Shawn319
03-22-2002, 06:56 AM
Hello nOObie here do i need an Everquest account to use the Emulator?

You dont need a REAL account, but you do need a free EQEmu account unless your connecting using minilogin. Your forum name/password is now that.

ibleet
03-22-2002, 08:04 AM
You do need a copy of the Everquest software to run the Emu.

Shortlived
04-19-2002, 05:24 PM
You may also create a shortcut to eqgame.exe in the properties of the shortcut on the target line make it look like so

"C:\Program Files\EverQuest\eqgame.exe" patchme

If your EQ directory is different change it acordingly.

Shortlived
04-24-2002, 11:16 PM
There is a known problem causing some people using patchme to not be able to connect.
Could you elaberate a lil? any fixes?

Shawn319
04-25-2002, 01:52 AM
Trying to think how i can put this...

If you use eqgame patchme you might get an error that EQW doesnt.

Fix = use EQW :)

Trumpcard
04-25-2002, 03:02 AM
Of course is the other side of the coin, you get errors with EQW you dont get with eqgame.. Dreaded 'dx8_dll caused an error in .......'

Shawn319
04-25-2002, 03:05 AM
dx8 dll error is user problem.. 99% of them dont read the first line in the readme =P

Trumpcard
04-25-2002, 03:35 AM
Sometimes, yes... They dont run in the right color mode..

BUT, not always... Alot of time crappy Vid cards can give you a ton of headaches...

I have an old ATI Rage card that detests EQW...

Global_Inferno
04-27-2002, 10:18 AM
Mabey the fact that some of us what to run EQ Fullscreen as opposed to windowed mode make it a good reason for sorting it out? Surley the same code can be used or adapted so it just boots up NOT in windowed mode?? Or it would take like 2 lines of code to fix it surely?

Shawn319
04-27-2002, 10:20 AM
We dont write EQW. you need to e-mail "justsomedude"

Global_Inferno
04-27-2002, 11:12 PM
Ok, no problem...

rubydefiance
05-30-2002, 09:15 AM
What's the difference without 'patchme'? I just did a right-click+drag to my desktop and have no issues...

Lon

rubydefiance
05-30-2002, 09:16 AM
Holy crap that last post soooooo went into the wrong forum somehow, might wanna check that one out...

Lon

DuDeMaN
07-13-2002, 12:32 PM
Every time i try to change the EQHost.txt to what it says to change it to:

[Registration Servers]
{
"eqlogin1.eqemu.org:5999"
}
[Login Servers]
{
"eqlogin2.eqemu.org:5999"
}

EQ just redownloads the old version of it again :mad:, ive tried changing it AFTER i run the patch, but..uhh, that dont work, and ive tried doing everything else in this thread like changing the target in the EQ shortcut.... im outa ideas :(, EQW doesnt work for me either :rolleyes:... any help would be appriceated :)

Shawn319
07-13-2002, 01:26 PM
Every time i try to change the EQHost.txt to what it says to change it to:

[Registration Servers]
{
}
[Login Servers]
{
"eqlogin2.eqemu.org:5999"
}

EQ just redownloads the old version of it again :mad:, ive tried changing it AFTER i run the patch, but..uhh, that dont work, and ive tried doing everything else in this thread like changing the target in the EQ shortcut.... im outa ideas :(, EQW doesnt work for me either :rolleyes:... any help would be appriceated :)

Your not doing it right. If you dont want to use EQW (yes it does work if you use it right), you need to run eqGAME.exe, not everquest.exe. Everquest.exe is the patcher and will re-download eqhost.txt again if you run it. there is another way though, you can patch (dont hit Play or close it), then change eqhost.txt, then hit play.

DuDeMaN
07-13-2002, 03:52 PM
well i tried running eqGAME.exe, but that told me to run everquest.exe.. hehe.. but i changed it after the patch and it worked just fine...thanks alot!! :) now i just need to figure out how to work EQW, and make my own server :D....

BTW, here is the error i get when i try to run EQW:

"CreateSurface (Primary) failed! (88760091)"... ive tried everything i can think of on this one too, but then again im prolly just thinkin wrong ;)..... again any help with anything would be greatly appriceated ;)

I would be interest in helping you guys develop more if you still need the help, im a quick learner :p...

-------------------

ok nm, i got it figured out... just i get the "You need to rerun the EQ patch" error when i try to connect ...:mad: ...

Nobbe
10-23-2002, 10:12 AM
Hmm, well you can always ask JSD to make an option in eqw to run eq without any border and to resize screen. :o

lenwu
01-07-2003, 11:06 AM
Click Start
Click Run
Type in 'command'
Type in 'cd..'
Type in 'cd PROGRA~1'
Type in 'cd Everquest'
Type in 'eqgame.exe patchme'

the only reason im doin it this way is my EQW aint working for some reason.....
But i get the cd part...go to type in 'cd PROGRA~1' ....i get Invalid directory

any help?

Zalen
01-23-2003, 05:57 AM
I tried to find "patchme" but no files on my comp I also did the patch and then swap out the eqhost.txt files, I connect buy it tells le to rerun the patch.Whats going on anyone tell me pls?

singalots
01-28-2003, 08:28 AM
Error 1017 Im posting this everywhere so i might get some help incase you dont see it some where else :D now, i just need to unzip the 4.1 patch into something i dont know which might some one help me there? this is starting to get frusterating :evil:

Piska
01-28-2003, 08:34 AM
Just so you guys know in the next version of my program I am adding an option to start eq with the patchme parameter. Look for it in the 3rd party tools.

EQLvr
02-01-2003, 09:01 AM
I have two questions. I just intsalled eq on my computer after a while of rebuildin it, i know i shouldn't patch cause itll patch me all the way up, but it is in the state of no patches heh. WHat do i do?

Also, i cannot get the eq patchme thing. Iwent into the dos thing and cannot get it to work. My eq file is located in c:\program files\sony\everquest trilogy\whatever. thanks

EDIT

Oh and i went to http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=41381 but i donot know what to download there. Thanks!

Millensurfer
05-16-2003, 08:50 AM
run eq, the patch, after its done searching for files, dont have autoplay on, once its done patching, go to your everquest folder wherever you may have it, and open up your eqhost, copy and past this and then go to file and hit save, close out of that, and go back to the patch, and hit play, dont repatch it, then go to the login screen and login with your eqemu acct and password, easy as 123abc

09-19-2003, 06:08 AM
please some help me i need a guide from start to finish on how to make eq emu work im new please some one help!?

mattmeck
09-19-2003, 06:19 AM
First off read the guide on how to play, its right on the main page.

Second dont bump threads that are months old.

09-19-2003, 06:24 AM
ok when i run eqw and it runs the patch thing it always brigns me to regular eq not eqemu was i suppose to patch eq emu over eq?

09-19-2003, 06:25 AM
ok when i run eqw and it runs the patch thing it always brigns me to regular eq not eqemu was i suppose to patch eq emu over eq?

09-19-2003, 06:28 AM
When you run eqw, there is a check box that says 'Run Patch Program' . Make sure it is not checked. But it is irrelevant, if you are new, you will not be able to play at the moment until DR3 is released.

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10184

Merth
09-19-2003, 07:50 AM
please some help me i need a guide from start to finish on how to make eq emu work im new please some one help!?
I'd like to know how you were able to overlook the guide!