PDA

View Full Version : Want a hosted server?

Symarra
05-29-2002, 04:49 AM
Would anyone be interested in having a server hosted for them?

(so you guys don't have to worry about errors or settings, I'd handle it all. All you'd have to setup is the eqhosts.txt file. And then email me with the account name to flag as 200 - full access)

No charge of course silly.

Either a cable modem or T1

Bastin
05-29-2002, 05:03 AM
What kind of connection are we talking?

and .. is there a charge?

morpheus014
05-29-2002, 09:07 AM
That would be awsome! The only problem with the emu is lagging out of servers do to slow client and host connections.. im sure lots of people would enjoy that as well

BahsTgo
05-31-2002, 08:56 AM
Absolutely :)

zurawik
06-01-2002, 02:08 PM
Would you please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please host one for me? I'm dieing to set up a server but my internet connection can't support me alone in a poped zone.

zurawik
06-01-2002, 02:14 PM
Would you please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please host one for me? I'm dieing to set up a server but my internet connection can't support me alone in a poped zone.

Arcalyn
06-02-2002, 03:38 AM
1.) Take Poll

2.) Wait til after EQ, finishes this nasty NEW client patching, hopefully June 5th.

3.) Wait for EQemu team to get things recovered from EQ patching new style client and the way data will be sent to client from server changes EQ makes.

4.) Set-up servers for people.

Yodason
06-03-2002, 03:40 PM
do you offer a mysql access and/or ftp,telnet,terminal server access on the T1?

DeletedUser
06-04-2002, 01:22 AM
If this person were to host your servers, they better be hosting the MySQL database.. its unrealistic to transfer all of that information through the net, the zone servers would take forever to start up (I have tried it with Hogie, the zones start up so slow people drop out before)

Yodason
06-04-2002, 02:53 AM
I was moreso asking if she will giveus consel access to update and rerun servers, ftp to upload new versions(custom compile for instantce), and a solid mysql with DIRECT accesss (not using myphpadmin or the like)

Bastin
06-04-2002, 03:02 AM
I think she will retrack her offer.

Your asking her to give you almost complete access to that system.

I think if she runs the server .. then if you want something new .. you will have to send it to her

Yodason
06-04-2002, 08:53 AM
Not really, it is plenty possible to limit key access via permisions. Set deny to everything but ftp, terminal service, and your user directory. Really is not that hard, plenty of unix shell providers do it, and its possible to do on windows2k

cureall
06-05-2002, 12:14 PM
when you actually do decide to do this can i get one i really want my own server but dont want to have to worry about setting it up and all that i would be most grateful if you hosted one for me

LordManiac
06-12-2002, 08:09 AM
I think it is a great idee, finaly just play without problems

Symarra
06-13-2002, 08:21 AM
Are coming along nicely.

Only have 3 so far but should be able to snach up 4 more.

Details on exactly what will be allowed will have to wait, until I'm ready to roll these out.

Taking longer than I expected for Verant to patch up to the new client features, which will cause emu codes a delay, not to mention them having a life & other games to play with!

So only doing in house testing for now......
(hosting a server for myself from location1 administrating from location2)

Wildwulf
06-14-2002, 07:35 PM
Hmm, sounds great...where do I sign up? I just want to play to tell ya the truth. My regular EQ account got banned for using a 3rd party program and EQW so my only hope to play anymore lies with EqEMU. I seem to be getting disconnected a lot, but I just patched before setting up the current version of EQEmu and that is probably the reason.

I can log into servers, even create a character but get disconnected from most (except a public login server I tried, but then had no starting equipment).

I followed the steps in the readme, then wiped it all clean and did it all again to make sure I did not miss anything the first time. Searched the posts and tried changing the data rate but that did not help either.

I am hoping after the next version comes out I will be able to play. I would like to find a server I can play on A LOT that is fairly stable.

I even tried making my own server and am willing to play in a world alone if I can make it work, lol.

Arcalyn
06-16-2002, 05:27 AM
Just change your eqhost.txt file to the emulator default and play there......else

Wait still Symarra posts some data on how to use the server / how to register to use a server of your own.

Lots of servers out there already to play on.

I personally want one to dedicate to AD&D/Forgotten Realms style play.