PDA

View Full Version : mini login error 10061

existelle
05-09-2006, 10:57 PM
i've looked through all the other forums and i've found my problem listed elsewhere, but no clear solution posted. I thought that this might be a good way to get one posted, and also help me =)

right, so, i set up eqemu on my friend's pc and it works fine, i try to do the same on my pc using minilogin and i get the following

[debug] starting log: logs/eqemu_debug_2964.log
[debug] [LAUNCHER_INIT] Loading server configuration. .
[debug] [NET_WORLD] WorldConnection connect: Connecting to server 127.0.0.1 :9000 failed: TCPConnection : : Connect <>: connect < > failed. Error: 10061
[debug] [LAUNCHER_ERROR] worldserver.Connect <> FAILED! Will retry.
[debug] [LAUNCHER_INIT] Starting main loop...

and then it just sits there, and i dont see any servers counted like it do on his, and im at my wits end etc etc.

also, i dont want to play with him on his pc, i just want to connect to my own server. Also, the computer i am trying to run this off has no internet, becuse it doesn't have a LAN port. (a bunch of hardware is like 1995 but with new motherboard, video card etc, so it works fine) but i didn't think that would be a problem

rojadruid
05-10-2006, 06:25 AM
i've looked through all the other forums and i've found my problem listed elsewhere, but no clear solution posted. I thought that this might be a good way to get one posted, and also help me =)

right, so, i set up eqemu on my friend's pc and it works fine, i try to do the same on my pc using minilogin and i get the following

[debug] starting log: logs/eqemu_debug_2964.log
[debug] [LAUNCHER_INIT] Loading server configuration. .
[debug] [NET_WORLD] WorldConnection connect: Connecting to server 127.0.0.1 :9000 failed: TCPConnection : : Connect <>: connect < > failed. Error: 10061
[debug] [LAUNCHER_ERROR] worldserver.Connect <> FAILED! Will retry.
[debug] [LAUNCHER_INIT] Starting main loop...

and then it just sits there, and i dont see any servers counted like it do on his, and im at my wits end etc etc.

also, i dont want to play with him on his pc, i just want to connect to my own server. Also, the computer i am trying to run this off has no internet, becuse it doesn't have a LAN port. (a bunch of hardware is like 1995 but with new motherboard, video card etc, so it works fine) but i didn't think that would be a problem

what happens if you open up a "DOS" window and ping 127.0.0.1?

existelle
05-10-2006, 06:42 AM
egregiously stupid here, how do i open up a dos thing and do what you're telling me.

(I got into PCs a little after DOS)

kripsinkurehall
05-10-2006, 08:47 AM
Click on start -> Click run -> type in command, press ok.

At the dos prompt type in the following:

ping 127.0.0.1

It will give you results if it could ping it or not.

Type exit to exit the dos prompt

existelle
05-10-2006, 05:29 PM
k, sorry =|

i get this

Pinging 127.0.0.1 with 32 bytes of data:

reply from 127.0.0.1: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL = 128

ping statistics for 127.0.0.1
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 4, (0% loss),