PDA

View Full Version : There a way i can make a offline server?

Lenwein
02-01-2002, 11:02 PM
is there a way to make somthing like my own login server or have it jump right to my server so i can play it offline w/out being connected to the internet or even better would it work on a IPX local network?

responses appreciated

thanks

Drawde
02-02-2002, 02:16 AM
To do this you need to replace all the IPs in db.ini, loginserver.ini and boot5zones.bat with "localhost".
Run the minilogin server, world.exe, boot5zones.bat, then if everything has started up properly and given the correct messages, run eqgame.exe -patchme and type in "eqemu" as both your login and password. Then you can connect to the server and enter the character creation screen.

madgamer2000
02-02-2002, 05:01 AM
Iv tried this and i havnt got it working yet. I run the MiniLogin and it loads up fine. I run the world server and it boots up fine as well. I run the start 5 zones.bat and they work as well. The catch is when i run eqw when i get to the part where i am supposed to enter my name and password, neither eqemu/eqemu or the name/pw i added to the db works. It rejects them both. Everything else is working fine, no server disconnects or anything. i tried using the eqgame.exe -patchme, but it just tells me that i need run everquest.exe. When i run it though it tells me im not on the internet and what not and doesnt work. Any ideas for what i can do?

Lenwein
02-02-2002, 07:28 AM
you have to go to your EQ directory in the command prompt type in eqgame.exe patchme then it should take you directly into the login screen.

Lenwein
02-02-2002, 09:38 AM
I figured it out, thanks ;)