PDA

View Full Version : Weather values past 2?

Kirgothi
06-06-2006, 04:11 PM
I was going through the PEQ database and making some more corrections to the zone table for the weather values and I noticed that some zones have a weather value of 4. Splitpaw and Guk are two examples. I thought there were only 3 values for weather with 0 = no weather, 1 = rain, and 2 = snow. What does a 4 do? Is there a 3? Are there other values past 4?

fathernitwit
06-07-2006, 01:40 PM
I played with weather a while back and was never able to figure out what the values mean...

you can play with it in game by running:
#weather 0
#weather 3 [type] [intensity]

where type and intensity are two variables from 0 to 255... several of them will crash the client... I would love to hear if you make any sense of either field.

Kirgothi
06-11-2006, 05:40 AM
Does anyone know what the #weather command actually changes in the database? Is it known where the Intensity is in the database?

Is there a way to force the changes made with the #weather command to be saved to the database? Maybe with #zheader or something?

Belfedia
06-11-2006, 09:21 PM
Does anyone know what the #weather command actually changes in the database? Is it known where the Intensity is in the database?

Is there a way to force the changes made with the #weather command to be saved to the database? Maybe with #zheader or something?

The weather command don't change database, just change current game state.

Kirgothi
06-12-2006, 03:15 PM
I was under the impression that there were many commands that if used in game they would make a change only "in game" and not in the database. Like the #sky command. I thought that you could use the #zheader command to force these changes to be "saved" to the database.

I was wondering if there was a similar way to do this with the weather. I thought this could help me to discover if the weather settings were controlled by the database somewhere, possibly under a vague field name like "temp" or "value."

Is weather handled in the server code instead? Based on what FNW said above, it would seem the weather field in the zone table is not used at all.

Belfedia
06-12-2006, 07:58 PM
Is weather handled in the server code instead? Based on what FNW said above, it would seem the weather field in the zone table is not used at all.

In table zone, you have a field weather !
I think this is the weather store for this zone :)

Kirgothi
06-13-2006, 11:13 AM
I don't believe it is. I have changed the field to a 2, which you would think would be snow, and it has rained in the zone. I have also set it to 0 and weather still occured in the zone.

Belfedia
06-15-2006, 12:31 AM
I don't believe it is. I have changed the field to a 2, which you would think would be snow, and it has rained in the zone. I have also set it to 0 and weather still occured in the zone.

Perhaps have you put your finger on a bug ? :)