PDA

View Full Version : Minilog kicking other users, one solution.

CrabClaw
06-10-2006, 12:59 PM
I think I fould a solution to people getting kicked off of LAN servers when someone else logs in or only being able to log into one account.

Lets say my local IP is 198.162.1.51 for starters.

First my setup:

###Your current configuration is as follows:

loginserver.ini:
[LoginServer]
loginserver=192.168.1.51
loginport=5999
worldname=My Minilogin
worldaddress=192.168.1.51
locked=false
account=
password=

[WorldServer]
Defaultstatus=
Unavailzone=
[ChatChannelServer]

worldshortname=
chataddress=
chatport=

[LoginConfig]
ServerMode=Minilogin
ServerPort=5999

Then this:

<?xml version="1.0">
<server>
<world>
<shortname>minilogin</shortname>
<longname>My Minilogin</longname>

<!-- Only specify these two if you really think you need to. -->
<address>192.168.1.51</address>
<localaddress>127.0.0.1</localaddress>

<!-- Loginserver information. -->
<loginserver>
<host>192.168.1.51</host>
<port>5999</port>
<account></account>
<password></password>
</loginserver>

<!-- Sets the shared key used by zone/launcher to connect to world -->
<key>some long random string</key>

<!-- Enable and set the port for the HTTP service. -->
<http port="9080" enabled="true" mimefile="mime.types" />
</world>

<!-- Database configuration, replaces db.ini. -->
<database>
<host>localhost</host>
<port>3306</port>
<username>eq</username>
<password>eq</password>
<db>eq</db>
</database>
</server>

Then this:

EQHost.txt <--for the local host EQ game
[LoginServer]
Host=192.168.1.51:5999

Ok now you have to set your root login game account IP to your local IP address, not 127.0.0.1! Setting it to 127.0.0.1 locks the server for eveyone else on the LAN. I was pulling my hair out for days trying to think through this and this finally worked for me. I was able to log though my WiFi notebook and the other machines I had lying around on the LAN network.

Repeat, no in game accounts should use 127.0.0.1. It should just be a list of sqeuential network IPs.

Like 198.162.1.10 for root's LAN IP
198.162.1.11 for mary's machine LAN IP
198.162.1.12 for stan's machine LAN IP
ect...

Try this out and see if it helps. :) And if it does, don't make my mistake and back your EQEmu directory and database up in a zip file so you can restore it later!

Hope this helped.

>.>

revolt268
06-10-2006, 04:48 PM
I was having the same problem for weeks now. Couldn't figure it out for the live of me, but did just what you said and it worked perfectly. Thanks a great deal dude.

CrabClaw
06-10-2006, 05:34 PM
I am so glad I could help get you playing! I must have took like a whole week meditating, drinking coffee, testing and tweaking with things (and making fallback backups along the way - I used to beta software so I am a bit retentive....) to get a method to set this awsome thing set up. I seen so many people having the same trouble and suffering so I had to post it up for humanities sake (haha).

;-)

ryanjones10
06-15-2006, 04:28 PM
Where do I find the last part that you spoke of. I cannot find the Root Login IP. None of my clients can connect

Angelox
06-16-2006, 12:16 AM
Where do I find the last part that you spoke of. I cannot find the Root Login IP. None of my clients can connect

Look at your "Local Area Connection Status" (find it in "My Network Places"), click the "Support" tab - Your Ip address should be there, and probaly starts with 192.168.1. You need to find the last three digits.

njlinus
06-16-2006, 01:40 AM
Thanks CrabClaw, this helped me out so much, i was about to give up with setting up a Lan connection. ive spent a few weeks off and on and could not find any help on this problem. I am new to EQemu and alot of this is a whole new language to me.
Now that i got this working i have to look into why my zone.exe crashes but ill look into that when i have time over the weekend
thanks!

ryanjones10
06-16-2006, 02:32 AM
Look at your "Local Area Connection Status" (find it in "My Network Places"), click the "Support" tab - Your Ip address should be there, and probaly starts with 192.168.1. You need to find the last three digits.

I have my local IP address. I was not sure where I should be inputting the IPs of the clients in the final part of crabclaw's post.

Here: Ok now you have to set your root login game account IP to your local IP address, not 127.0.0.1! Setting it to 127.0.0.1 locks the server for eveyone else on the LAN. I was pulling my hair out for days trying to think through this and this finally worked for me. I was able to log though my WiFi notebook and the other machines I had lying around on the LAN network.

Repeat, no in game accounts should use 127.0.0.1. It should just be a list of sqeuential network IPs.

Like 198.162.1.10 for root's LAN IP
198.162.1.11 for mary's machine LAN IP
198.162.1.12 for stan's machine LAN IP
ect...

CrabClaw
06-16-2006, 06:53 AM
When you create accounts thier IPs go in thier account setups as normal when you add users. If you have the MysqlCC set up you can go into the accounts tab and fill them out there. The IP in the acconut information should match the users LAN IP (such as 192.168.1.50, 192.168.1.51, 192.168.1.52, and so on)

Walkthrough using MysqlCC:

Click on the EQ data base and click on 'tables' to expand it.

In tables here will be a sub-table called accounts.

Right click and add record.

Fill out the 'Name' column with the accounts name.
Fill out the 'Password' column with the accounts password.
Fill out the 'Status' column with 250 for GM access or lower for player access (I think 20 is for normal players).
Fill out the 'minilogin_id' column with the accounts LAN IP.

Then they should be able to log in and play from thier machine.

I hope this clarifies things for you. :)

You can find your LAN IP in windows by opening a command prompt and typing ipconfig. You LAN IP will be the second number called something like:

IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . .192.168.'x'.'x'

DlInvader
07-09-2006, 04:24 PM
I have done this a few times it's like everytime i change the config file the server then doesn't show up *shrugs*

And so far the only way it works is if i use my own pc which is the server itself so i have no idea it seems like im going to be the only one playing instead of everyone else LOL

John Adams
07-25-2006, 03:15 PM
Praise the Crab!!

First post, and I will say this post has solved the last problem I had that I couldn't figure out. I now have EQEmu running on my 2003 server, and my 2 XP boxes connect to it swimmingly.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Now, if I can get external friends to connect, we're in business. Too busy playing with the Emu now tho, so screw em! :)

J

fathernitwit
07-27-2006, 12:08 PM
please put this on the wiki.

KhanhDescending
04-01-2007, 12:22 PM
CrabClaw,

You're a god among men. Just spent the better part of the day screwing around with the XML and .ini files. Until I found your post. Everything is running smoothly now by following your instructions.

Thanks,

Khanh

drunkgoblin
05-02-2007, 02:24 PM
I love you man! If i wern't a man i would want to have your babys!! you rule!

Jiggawhoa144
05-17-2007, 09:55 AM
ugh, I've followed your format exactly, and still no luck with the Minilogin finding the server. It can only find the server when it listens on port 3306, but then then world.exe just holds at "Connecting to MySQL..." :\ I know I have my IP's correct, I think I'm just having issues with getting the ports to match up correctly. I currently have the files setup as is....

eqemu_config.xml :

<?xml version="1.0">
<server>
<world>
<shortname>Blah</shortname>
<longname>MiniLogin</longname>

<!-- Only specify these two if you really think you need to. -->
<!--<address>192.168.0.102</address>-->
<!--<localaddress>127.0.0.1</localaddress>-->

<!-- Loginserver information. -->
<loginserver>
<host>129.168.0.102</host>
<port>5999</port>
<account></account>
<password></password>
</loginserver>

<!-- Sets the shared key used by zone/launcher to connect to world -->
<key>some long random string</key>

<!-- Enable and set the port for the HTTP service. -->
<http port="9080" enabled="true" mimefile="mime.types" />
</world>

<!-- Database configuration, replaces db.ini. -->
<database>
<host>localhost</host>
<port>3306</port>
<username>username</username>
<password>password</password>
<db>peq</db>
</database>
</server>

LoginServer.ini :

[LoginServer]
loginserver=192.168.0.102
loginserver2=newlogin1.eqemulator.net
loginport=5999
loginport2=5999
worldname=MiniLogin
worldaddress=192.168.0.102
locked=false
account=
password=

[WorldServer]
Defaultstatus=
Unavailzone=

[ChatChannelServer]
worldshortname=
chataddress=
chatport=

[LoginConfig]
ServerMode=minilogin
ServerPort=5999

and eqhost.txt :

[LoginServer]
Host=192.168.0.102:5999

Yeah, so when world.exe tries to connect to the LS I get a 'could not connect : error 10061' message. Like I said, I've gotten MiniLogin to show that there's a server with other port settings, but then world.exe won't connect to it. And yes, the ports are properly forwarded. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

CrabClaw
05-17-2007, 03:22 PM
Hmm, the first two things come to mind.

<database>
<host>localhost</host>
<port>3306</port>
<username>username</username>
<password>password</password>
<db>peq</db>
</database>

Did you fill this part (the username and password) out correctly?

Also, what version of MySQL are you using? You might need to tweak the password with the instructions found here.

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/old-client.html

SET PASSWORD FOR 'some_user'@'localhost' = OLD_PASSWORD('newpwd');

Remember to do a backup of your schema using the admin tool before touching anything so you have a fallback position.