PDA

View Full Version : OpenZone 7.0

Windcatcher
06-10-2006, 05:16 PM
1. Made improvements to .AN8 import.

2. Fixed some bugs in creature exporting.

3. When exporting zones to .S3D, OpenZone will also create an EQEmu .MAP file in the \eqemu_maps subfolder. EQEmu maps are NOT the same .MAP files created by the "File...Export...Generate ShowEQ/Admin Tool .MAP file" option. EQEmu map files are used for line-of-sight (LOS) calculations.

4. Added some new weapons (and a shield) to the sword_test.scn file. The new items require re-downloading texture pack #5.

5. Added a snake model and textures to the \library\creatures folder. For some reason the client acts strangely when it is exported as "SNA", but it works properly when exported as other races like "GOB". This implies that the client has some hard-coded or otherwise hidden behavior for the snake race (and maybe others as well, who knows). Creatures can be exported as any race you wish as long as the race ID number in the server database corresponds to the prefix used, so it's not a big deal.

6. Added some new mesh library objects.

7. Moved all handheld items (swords, shields, etc.) in the mesh library under an items category.

8. Enhanced the pentagonal_rotunda script so it can be used to make shields.

9. Fixed a bug in the sword_hilt script (had to do with lighting) and enhanced it so one end can curve up and the other end can curve down. An example in the sword_test.scn file shows it off.

The .MAP export seems to work but I haven't tested it with a server (I use 0.5.5 which is too early: it isn't compatible with them). The next version up that I have source code for is 0.5.8, which looks compatible. I'm especially interested in hearing how it works out (hint: feedback wanted).

The new texpack5 file is available here:

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/eqemulator/texpack5.zip?download

OpenZone 7.0 is available here:

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/eqemulator/OpenZone_7.0.zip?download

Wind

GeorgeS
06-12-2006, 09:46 AM
WC what is your .map file used for - I presume you mean it's currently exporting a map file only for OZ?

Thanks
GeorgeS

Windcatcher
06-12-2006, 11:29 AM
The .MAP files that OpenZone was already exporting (the ones created by the "File...Export...Generate ShowEQ/Admin Tool .MAP file" option) were for use with the Admin Tool. If you export one and look at it, it's a text file that contains commands for points and lines. It's just an overhead map that lets you visually see what the zone looks like. The format of these graphic maps was originally created by the ShowEQ project (let's agree to call them ShowEQ-maps since that's what they are).

The ShowEQ project was basically a cheater's tool (boo). As I understand it, it intercepted packets and let players know a lot more about a zone than they should. It would show you where every mob in the zone was, what it carried, alert you when a specific mob appeared, etc. Part of this involved showing you an overhead map of the zone so you could see where everything was on it. Since the format and the maps for live zones already existed, their .MAP format was a natural choice for the Admin Tool's spawns pane, which needs to do something similar (show you where all spawns in a zone are).

The ShowEQ people can't be expected to create more .MAP files for zones you make with OpenZone, of course, so a while back I added the ability for OpenZone to scan your zones and make them itself. That's what the .MAP files that it originally exported were all about. With 7.0, it can now also export EQEmu-map files, which are the binary files used for line-of-sight calculations.

I'm really interested in hearing how it works for you since I had to guess on the triangle coordinate order (clockwise or counterclockwise). My server isn't new enough to test it, so I'd appreciate it if some people could test the new EQEmu maps to see if they work.

WC

unicorn97211
07-03-2006, 03:06 PM
OpenZone rocks 100x more with the .map generator. Which by the way works flawlessly so far in the 6 zones I've custom drawn. Great work! As I populate my zones more and actually play test them I'll let you know if LOS doesn't act right in any situations.

I'm using a 7.0.8x server with Titanium Client.