PDA

View Full Version : Error compiling =P

swish
06-22-2006, 12:52 AM
Hey guys. I was trying to follow the how to compilie instructions and I got some error.
I hit build zone and I get that error "fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'windows.h': No such file or directory" like 100 times =O

I'd really appreciate any help =) Please tell me if you need any more information.

Thanks alot.

CamelFilter
06-22-2006, 12:59 AM
I get the same problem, and can't find the file. Not even in the CVS after looking for a few minutes. I'm using Visual C++ 2005 Express.

EDIT

Yeah I got the error 116 times :P Hmmm wonder what the record is :D

swish
06-24-2006, 07:42 PM
Please, anyone ? =P

Thristam
06-27-2006, 10:04 AM
Anyone ever able to explain where this is? i tried searching for it, but i cant find it anywhere.

Derision
06-27-2006, 10:15 AM
Anyone ever able to explain where this is? i tried searching for it, but i cant find it anywhere.

If you are using the 'Express' edition, I think you also need to install the Windows Platform SDK:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/visualc/usingpsdk/

sesmar
06-27-2006, 10:20 AM
This appears to be problem with VIsual C++ Express 2005 and the Platform SDK. A solution was posted for this on this (http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=7004&SiteID=1) forum. I can not test this myself as I am using Visual Studio 2005 Professional and have not had this problem.

Here is what I found on it though:

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=7004&SiteID=1

swish
06-27-2006, 11:16 AM
I love you all thank you so much =) !!

swish
06-27-2006, 02:19 PM
I guess I got new error =P

d:\zlib\include\zconf.h(289) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'unistd.h': No such file or directory

Any help would be greatly appreciated =)

Thanks

boscorillium
06-28-2006, 03:55 AM
I would make one recommendation, make sure your include and lib directories are in the same order as they appear on the guide.

Did you include the path to the common/Socketlib directory? Make sure that one goes at the top of the include list. Make sure you make it the full path. I know relative should work, but for whatever reason it didn't for me so I just changed it to explicit and it was fine.

Is this for MySQL 5 based?

sesmar
06-28-2006, 03:59 AM
I guess I got new error =P

d:\zlib\include\zconf.h(289) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file:

This error now I have run into. It is a problem with the zlib package you are using. Uninstall zlib and download this package http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/....3.exe?download and install that version of zlib. It worked for me so hopefully it will resolve your issues as well.

sesmar
06-28-2006, 04:03 AM
I would make one recommendation, make sure your include and lib directories are in the same order as they appear on the guide.

I do not keep mine the same order that they appear in the guide and I do not have any problems with this at all. The include and lib directories are just telling the compiler other places to look, besides the current directory, for the specified files. It does not specify an order in which to include them that is based on the order they are included in the code file.

Did you include the path to the common/Socketlib directory? Make sure that one goes at the top of the include list. Make sure you make it the full path. I know relative should work, but for whatever reason it didn't for me so I just changed it to explicit and it was fine.

The reference to common/Socketlib should be:

../common/Socketlib/

The ../ makes a big difference. That is how I have mine set and it works great for me.

swish
06-28-2006, 06:31 AM
I did everything you said. I'am still missing the unist.h file. I performed a search for the file and I found it in D:\Perl\site\lib\Tk\pTk\compat.
I'v tried to include this foldor and now I other files =P

No idea what i'v done wrong =P

Thanks for helping

swish
06-29-2006, 01:56 AM
Alright, I got passed the unistd.h error thanks to Sesmar =P
But unfortunatly I got new errors =\

worldserver.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__ShellExecuteA@24 referenced in function "public: virtual void __thiscall WorldServer::Process(void)" (?Process@WorldServer@@UAEXXZ)
mysqlclient.lib(my_init.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__RegCloseKey@4 referenced in function _my_win_init
mysqlclient.lib(my_init.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__RegEnumValueA@32 referenced in function _my_win_init
mysqlclient.lib(my_init.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__RegOpenKeyExA@20 referenced in function _my_win_init
../build/ZoneDebug.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 4 unresolved externals

Please help! =)

Thanks alot.

swish
06-30-2006, 04:56 PM
Anyone please ? =P
I saw in some other post about the same error and they were told to add live.cpp. How do I add live.cpp ?

Another question:
Soon I want to open up my server and I was wondering if someone could recompile for cause I wanna change few thngs.
I'd really appreciate if someone could help me.

Thanks much in advanced! =)

CamelFilter
06-30-2006, 05:55 PM
Wow dude lol, do what I did.. find a new compiler lmao!