PDA

View Full Version : A few bugs...mostly minor...

InsaneWallaby
06-22-2006, 12:18 PM
Aight, here are a few.

Definite:
1. Vendors buy goods from you for a greater price than they report. Its a large difference...a 6 gold item can go for about 8. Their sold items sell for the correct price to the player.
2. Drunkenness does not maintain itself across zone lines. Zone and you are sober again. Leave it to me to find the stupid who-gives-a-crap bugs.

Possible:
1. Not sure if charisma affecting prices has a minimum. At 66 charisma, prices were unchanged for me for both buying and selling (reported and actual, in the case of selling items to the vendor) as compared to 40 charisma. Once again, I don't remember if prices only change from a certain charisma level to another certain charisma level. Prices should be better...but, they were not.

Belfedia
06-22-2006, 08:54 PM
On live, price change with charisma. An yes prices only change from a certain charisma level to another certain charisma level. I don't know if that work like that on EQemu.

akimo
06-22-2006, 10:49 PM
yeah i think the hardcap was something around 115cha on live and you'd just get the same price for anything with higher cha than that. regardless i think the concept is sort of flawed personally; all it does is cause a tiny bit of grief/annoyance without any real purpose or meaningful balance.

InsaneWallaby
06-23-2006, 12:27 AM
Akimo, I believe you are mistaken, personally. Back when those mistletoe sickles came out for the protection of the cabbage stuff (oh, four years ago) I was the ONLY 250 smith on my server for live, because at that time the only thing you could make was fine plate and a bunch of other useless items. Them boogers cost a buttload to make! It's been quite awhile, but if I remember right, I could expect a cost somewhere in the range of 1 to 2K incurred from buying the parts off of vendors per successful sickle. Without that charisma gear, I would've been paying 300 or 400 more, most likely. That's a lot of dough through the time when I made about 300 of 'em. 90K? Yeah...made a ton of dough doing that though, had about 250K in the bank rot and about 500K worth of crud on my characters when I quit EQ...people bought 'em like hotcakes for 20K on Veeshan...

Anyways, just my point that charisma DOES make a difference. And I loved it to death, since I was a person with all his tradeskills maxxed out to 200 and the specialized one maxxed to 250. I likely saved 150K over my two years of gaming from my gross amount of charisma gear.

And yeah, I remember there being a top cap at 120, if I remember right...just couldn't remember if there was a bottom one, since my Iksar had 60 to start in the first place.

akimo
06-23-2006, 12:58 AM
ah i'm misunderstanding i think. what i was attempting to convey was that i believe everyone should just get the same price like you'd get with 120cha from a vendor regardless of cha.