PDA

View Full Version : Here's some LoY work for PEQ

Angelox
06-28-2006, 07:23 AM
I don't know where or how to post this, or even if it's worth while to anyone. Here's what I did:
Dumped npc_types, spawn2, spawnentry, spawngroup, grid, grid_entries from Cavedudes' EQ database's LoY zones, and fixed them so they add to my 7.0 PEQ database.
The data is from Dulak, Gunthak, Hatesfury, Nadox, and Torgiran. It seems loot tables are still there from when PEQ was converted - I didn't do anything to loots, and some npcs have their loots.
They are all ready to go, you only need to cut and past into the MySql command line client. This is not complete, but gives you a much better start than if you had an empty zone.
Back up you data first - if you don't like it, you can always restore.

Here's the link for download;

http://blackwater.dynip.com/csv/LoYcsv.rar

Belfedia
06-28-2006, 10:39 PM
Thanks for share :) good work.

GeorgeS
06-30-2006, 04:44 AM
I sourced these in without much difficulty - and looks like most loot tables are ok.

Is it possible to include this in the official PEQ db?

Work like this should not go to waste!

GeorgeS
MrG

Angelox
06-30-2006, 08:43 AM
I made a download page for my stuff and moved the LoY CSV link there - I plan on dumping everything I do, I'm a little slow, but I'll get more stuff out.

New link:
http://www.nahunta.org/~angelox/

Right now, I'm tweaking the LoY zones with all the rest it needs, and also I have Harbinger's Spire more than halfway done. I'll post it all when I'm done.
If you haven't tried LoY expansion yet, it's a very nice one to have - you can go from level 33 up to around 60 there. I played my heart out in those zones - at first, it was a bit complicated to go to, so not many people went there, but when SOE set up a portal for it , it came to life. LoY was probably the last good expansion made for players under 50.

mplostcause
06-30-2006, 10:10 AM
iam still not too good at the whole database workings =P will this work with the cavedudes database? and if not do most people recommend the peq database over it?

fathernitwit
06-30-2006, 05:05 PM
unfortunately, this work will not likely be included in the official PEQ database because it would prevent PEQ from building the zones properly when we get to them. The zones were built with and old version of EQBuilder and none of the other PEQ tools were run on them, and in our oppinion theres enough benefits from these tools to wait. There has been some work to use cavedude's loot and factions as another input source to our tools, but theres no garuntees this will get done.

Angelox
07-01-2006, 01:06 AM
iam still not too good at the whole database workings =P will this work with the cavedudes database? and if not do most people recommend the peq database over it?

This is an extract taken from Cavedude's database - Cavedude has a lot of impressive work done in a lot more zones, but he quit working on it. PEQ's work is done mostly up to Kunark era, and is more complete to that point - but there has been no updates. Neither one of them are posting updates to their database: regardless which one you choose, if you want to see more work or more zones, you have to figure out how to do it yourself.
What you're probably wondering, is what I was wondering when I first started with the emulator: "Which one will be more playable if I made my own server"? The answer is, "none". You can play a little with either of the database, but still theres enough "loose ends" in them as to where they won't be much fun. This is a gigantic project, with many details, and is still young.
If you want to mount a server of your own, you are better off mounting the PEQ database as it is more "playable", and there's a "glimmer of hope" they might update it one day. In my case, when I tried Cavedudes'. I found my self working in the Pre-Kunark zones alot, so i went "PEQ" , which gave me a better start. And now that I'm starting to see how it all works, it's not that hard extracting some data from Cavedudes and inserting into PEQ, thus bringing the best of two worlds together.
The bottom line is, if you want to make your own server, you have to be ready to learn, and do A LOT of work into making some playable zones. You have to comb the Waki's , FAQ's and these forums for answers to your questions. Don't embarrass yourself by posting questions that have answers already posted here many times over.
If you don't want to do all of this and just want to play, there's already some real nice working servers up, with some very nice "individual" work done to them, and are very playable.

cavedude
07-02-2006, 02:47 PM
I didn't quit, I've just had no time lately :)

Angelox
07-03-2006, 12:34 AM
I didn't quit, I've just had no time lately :)

I guess "quit" was an over-statement , sorry about that. I thought I saw a post somewhere where you said you wouldn't be updating your database anymore, that's what i meant. Hopefully, I'm wrong.

cavedude
07-03-2006, 02:12 AM
No, I plan on updating it again.

soulshot
07-03-2006, 09:45 AM
Thats great news!

Angelox
07-05-2006, 11:07 AM
This is an update to Gunthak in LoY, should be almost complete with all my additions - here's some thoughts on this;
-You should remove the old Gunthak CSV I posted earlier from the tables, as I changed grids, spawns and other stuff.
-It seems impossible for me to extract loot related tables from a specific zone, as there is nothing of an id attached to them. If anyone can think of a way for me to get all loot-related tables from Gunthark or any other zone, please tell me - that would make the zone "play ready" with little work to do .

GeorgeS!! Again, thank you for the SQL-Extractor program - I hope you try this and tell me if it all worked, If you have any ideas on how to extract loot-related tables, please tell me.

Download page:

sesmar
07-05-2006, 12:25 PM
For pulling loottable info for the mobs of Gunthak maybe this will point you in the right direction.

Also just a warning this query will take some time to run as it hits 7 different and rather large tables.

SELECT
spawnentry.npcID,
npc_types.loottable_id,
loottable.name,
loottable_entries.lootdrop_id,
lootdrop.name,
lootdrop_entries.item_id
FROM
spawnentry
INNER JOIN spawn2
ON spawn2.spawngroupID = spawnentry.spawngroupID
INNER JOIN npc_types
ON npc_types.id = spawnentry.npcID
INNER JOIN loottable
ON loottable.id = npc_types.loottable_id
INNER JOIN loottable_entries
ON loottable_entries.loottable_id = loottable.id
INNER JOIN lootdrop
ON lootdrop.id = loottable_entries.lootdrop_id
INNER JOIN lootdrop_entries
ON lootdrop_entries.lootdrop_id = lootdrop.id
WHERE
spawn2.zone='gunthak'
ORDER BY
spawnentry.npcID,
npc_types.loottable_id,
loottable_entries.lootdrop_id,
lootdrop_entries.item_id

GeorgeS
07-05-2006, 04:45 PM
The sql for populating those zones worked very well. Had to first remove the previous zone, but that was not hard.

Good job

GeorgeS

Angelox
07-06-2006, 02:06 AM
Thanks for all the help - Sesmar's query puts me on the proper track of thinking. The query/sort works well, but still has data spread out through the given table. What I need is, to put them in zone groups, for extraction.
I noticed in npc_types , theres a loottable_id column , and also the zone id is in npc_types.id ,as it appears the first numbers contain the zone in them - example : an entry in npc_types.id 224035 means the npc is from zone 224, and he's entry number 035. So, maybe I could use the zone data from npc_types.id , and loot data from npc_types.lootable_id to sort the other loot-related tables by zone?

sesmar
07-06-2006, 11:07 AM
I am not exactly sure on how the PEQ does their numbering but I do not think an NPC can belong to a zone based on the npc_types.id because a given NPC can appear in any number of zones. Such as a Gnoll Pup can be in North Qeynos and Qeynos Hills.

In order to get Loot Table information for the mob in a particular zone you will have to start with Spawn2 to get all the Spawn Groups in that zone as any NPC that spawns in the zone will be an entry in a spawn group. Then you link to npc_types using the ID and from there to LootTable information which is spread out over multiple tables.

I used one query to display some of the information you need but my suggestion would be to write the query in stages pull out all the information from each table you need so you can reinsert the loot information with new ID's to fit your DB.

Angelox
07-07-2006, 03:49 AM
I am not exactly sure on how the PEQ does their numbering but I do not think an NPC can belong to a zone based on the npc_types.id because a given NPC can appear in any number of zones. Such as a Gnoll Pup can be in North Qeynos and Qeynos Hills.

In order to get Loot Table information for the mob in a particular zone you will have to start with Spawn2 to get all the Spawn Groups in that zone as any NPC that spawns in the zone will be an entry in a spawn group. Then you link to npc_types using the ID and from there to LootTable information which is spread out over multiple tables.

I used one query to display some of the information you need but my suggestion would be to write the query in stages pull out all the information from each table you need so you can reinsert the loot information with new ID's to fit your DB.

Actually, the data I pulled from Cavedude's was what had the zoneID in the npc_types.id number - which is a very good idea . Maybe it was done for some other reason, but very effective in isolating the data by zone. It wouldn't be a bad idea to reserve the first three digits in the npc_types.id for the zone number - it also would be a good idea to include zone name in places like loottable.name and lootdrop.name; I'm going back through what I have done and adding this.

GeorgeS
07-07-2006, 08:16 AM
I have added 'zonename_loottable_id' to the loottable.name in my editor. It uses that convention as default now, and allows you to change the default under tools menu.

As Sesmar mentioned, npc_id's are reused in many zones, so that convention in the tables is strictly for the datatable developers and may not apply to everyone. Also in the db, I see so many types of level 1 skeleton's it makes you understand why loottables and npc_id's should be shared. Although I do think Angelox's system of unique npc_id's for each specific zone is also a good idea to tracking and managing specific zone's mobs. I use both methods.

GeorgeS

fathernitwit
07-08-2006, 04:47 AM
PEQ makes all NPCs start with zoneID*1000 (and I hope cavedude did this as well). So it makes finding some things easier. if a npc is in multiple zones, we have multiple copies of the NPC... mainly a side effect of packet collects. Anyhow, this is an established rule and can be used. Unfortunately, we did not make such a rule on any of the other tables... although an ambitious perl/php/python person could write a script to re-number all the loot tables and spawn tables base on some rules, which would make it a lot easier to dump entire zones in the future.

cavedude
07-08-2006, 05:38 AM
Yep, I did the same thing with my NPCs. zoneID *1000

tallerin
07-09-2006, 04:03 AM
I know that you can pull dumps from cavedudes database and source them into PEQ with out changing things and get no errors. I just spent yesterday and this morning dumping npc_types spawn2 spawn entry and spawngroup from cavedudes DB. Removed all spawns that were already in PEQ from cavedudes DB and sourced them into PEQ DB. Now i have PEQ DB upto luclin and all the other zones after luclin that are in cavedudes DB So best of both DBs combined now. Now just to do faction tables and loot tables for the newly added zones.

If the SQL files that i have dumped from cavedudes DB and weeded out all entries Of luclin and before will help you out let me know i'll find a place to upload them for you. Would make it easier on you then all you have to do is loot tables and faction for the zones.

Angelox
07-09-2006, 04:43 AM
I know that you can pull dumps from cavedudes database and source them into PEQ with out changing things and get no errors. I just spent yesterday and this morning dumping npc_types spawn2 spawn entry and spawngroup from cavedudes DB. Removed all spawns that were already in PEQ from cavedudes DB and sourced them into PEQ DB. Now i have PEQ DB upto luclin and all the other zones after luclin that are in cavedudes DB So best of both DBs combined now. Now just to do faction tables and loot tables for the newly added zones.

If the SQL files that i have dumped from cavedudes DB and weeded out all entries Of luclin and before will help you out let me know i'll find a place to upload them for you. Would make it easier on you then all you have to do is loot tables and faction for the zones.

Actually, anything that Cavedude did can be transfered to PEQ, simply because they both use NPCs. zoneID *1000 format (as long as the zone is unpoplated).
I've been "future" thinking about all this, and what you should do , and is what I am doing ; dump whatever zone you know well, finish up what it needs, then post the complete zone. But do it in this manner;
Put zone name and zone id's in everwhere you can, and use high numbers - example:
Dulak's "#an_enraged_soulstealer" is 225248, lootable.name starts with Dulak, Lootable ID is 22521130 , Lootdrop id is 22582050 - all 225's are the zonenumber. When you go to dump the data, you will be fetching only new Dulak data and the new loot data will add on to what cavedude already has in the PEQ database.

Angelox
07-11-2006, 09:15 AM
This one should be more complete than the last Gunthark one, as I was able to place ID on everthing I did.

Download page:

Still have Nadox, Torgiran, and Hatesfury to go.

Angelox
08-03-2006, 06:04 AM
This zone is different from the other zones I've worked with - There are no named-mob static spawns anywhere in the zone. About half of the named can pop from death of another mob, and the other half spawn off an assortment of mobs in a given area. You need to also install the nadox perl quest scripts included with the download, if you want the "pop from death" named mobs. I think it's pretty close to live, and if you see anything that needs to be fixed, please post it.

you can download it from here;
http://www.nahunta.org/~angelox/index.shtml

hayward6
08-03-2006, 09:14 AM
Dude this is seriously awsome and appreciated work, thanks alot.

-Quick question... the safe zone seems to be in some wall deep inside, how do you change that? if you zone in from Gunthak its fine but if you use egress while inside or you use #zone to get there your stuck in solid rock.

John Adams
08-03-2006, 09:45 AM
but if you use egress while inside or you use #zone to get there your stuck in solid rock.

I've actually seen that in a lot of zones. Once I get myself to a safe place, I reset the zsafecoords and zoning in is no longer a problem.

hayward6
08-03-2006, 10:09 AM
I've actually seen that in a lot of zones. Once I get myself to a safe place, I reset the zsafecoords and zoning in is no longer a problem.

I guess thats my question... how?

Angelox
08-03-2006, 10:09 AM
I have a program I use a lot, it's called "MySQL Query Browser", You can get it from http://www.mysql.com/downloads/ , and its free - small stuff like putting in or changing to new zone coords are easy and quick with this as it gives you a "visual" on what you are doing. It also has a great "tutorial" on the bottom right hand corner.

or if you don't want to get into it, this should fix it;

REPLACE INTO zone VALUES ("nadox","","Crypt of Nadox",-643.06,-1349.17,-40.87,45,0,227,0,0,1,"",-2030,1500,2000,500,2000,0,0,0,0,255,0.75,0.4,2,0,0 ,0,500,2000,0,0,0,500,2000,0,0,0,500,2000,0,0,0,50 0,2000,"",1);

Also on the grids for this zone; if you see they are not right, I think I had fixed a few of the old ones, aside from the new ones I made (mobs were walking through the walls and all), you might have to use REPLACE instead of INSERT

I still haven't figured out how to place the POK book in the Gulf of Gunthak - I just put in two translocator GMs (one in gunthak and one in POK, where the stone is supposed to be) - if you want the quests, I'll post them too.

hayward6
08-03-2006, 10:15 AM
theres an error in that statement somewhere, this is where I suck at this project I know nothing about sql and its really starting to hurt.

hayward6
08-03-2006, 11:35 AM
well, I got the x,y,z set but it still places me in the same bad spot.

hayward6
08-03-2006, 12:37 PM
well, I got the x,y,z set but it still places me in the same bad spot.

zoning in and using #zone works fine, I only get stuck in the wall when I use egress now... maybe thats adjusted somewhere else?

Angelox
08-03-2006, 12:51 PM
theres an error in that statement somewhere, this is where I suck at this project I know nothing about sql and its really starting to hurt.

The statement is corrrect, but didn't go in the forum properly - there are some zeros that get spread out, and make the error - go back to my site , I posted the SQL file there, or click here;
http://www.nahunta.org/~angelox/files/NadoxZone.sql

Don't let SQL scare you, it's not that hard.

Angelox
08-03-2006, 12:53 PM
zoning in and using #zone works fine, I only get stuck in the wall when I use egress now... maybe thats adjusted somewhere else?

Whats egress?

hayward6
08-03-2006, 09:48 PM
Whats egress?

Druid spell that teleports you to the safe spot in a zone and clears agro.

The only real strong point I have with this project is the fact that I have been playing eq live for 7 years and I still do. So I know whats suposed to be for most zones.

Angelox
08-04-2006, 12:10 AM
There is a possibility you could re-start your server and the "spawn on death" values in your SQL be on, as the named mobs were not killed. Since the named mobs would not be there on restart, and the flags still on, they would never spawn again until the flags are properly set. I made these flags so as to insure the rarity of the mob; there will never be more than one instance of the same mob at a time.
Here's a solution I am using, that will insure the values are right at start up -
place this sql file file in your c:\mysgl\bin\ directory (or where ever your sql bin dir is) ;
http://www.nahunta.org/~angelox/files/SetValues.sql

Then, you need to alter your eqemu "start.bat" file and add these lines at the top;

echo resetting global values ...
C:\mysql\bin\mysql.exe < C:\mysql\bin\SetValues.sql
sleep 2
echo done.

or, if your eqemu directory is in the same place mine is (as per 7.0 install), you can use mine;
http://www.nahunta.org/~angelox/files/start.bat

Angelox
08-05-2006, 05:25 AM
I had made some "general KOS" inserts for the LoY zones and forgot to add them in the files posted - so they are posted now if you want them.

Angelox
08-06-2006, 07:18 AM
These files are a fix for the gunthak POK book and also the zone to Stonebrunt Mountains. You need to place the Perl quest files in the eqemu\quest\gunthak and poknowledge directorys.
Gunthak is the entry-zone for all other LoY zones, so you need this to be working.

It pays to search well though these forums; Thanks to Belfedia's old zone line solution, I was able to make a flawless and invisible zone line from Gunthak to Stonebrunt -

Angelox
08-10-2006, 08:09 AM
This should give you a working "Torgiran MInes" and is an update for anyone that had put in my original Cavedudes dump. You shouldn't have to do anything but source it in.
It's posted at my web page.

jeffpuff
08-10-2006, 11:46 AM
Thanks for adding your database to you website Angelox! I am at work now but hope to grab it when I get home, just have a couple questions...

1. Are you using Peq Luclin RC1 as your base?
2. Have you included Thristams PoK and Tranq work? (Thank you too Thristam)
3. I have done some work on spawn rates in Fungus Grove and added some missing named spawns ( such as Assassin in lguk... bards and thier needs to turn into dark elfs... ) is there an easy way to keep this work I have done and upgrade to your database? or by chance have you already taken care of these issues?

Just wanted to pick your brain for a second, as I am always looking for ways to upgrade my database with info from people smarter than me ; )

Jeff

Angelox
08-10-2006, 12:22 PM
Thanks for adding your database to you website Angelox! I am at work now but hope to grab it when I get home, just have a couple questions...

1. Are you using Peq Luclin RC1 as your base?
2. Have you included Thristams PoK and Tranq work? (Thank you too Thristam)
3. I have done some work on spawn rates in Fungus Grove and added some missing named spawns ( such as Assassin in lguk... bards and thier needs to turn into dark elfs... ) is there an easy way to keep this work I have done and upgrade to your database? or by chance have you already taken care of these issues?

Just wanted to pick your brain for a second, as I am always looking for ways to upgrade my database with info from people smarter than me ; )

Jeff

Hi, I'm using what ever came with the "Setup Guide For 0.7.0" which probably is still the newest one put up for download, and it is the PEQ database. But if you already have some work done and like to do your own work too, you'd be better off going through my web and sourcing in everything I posted. I just did that "backup-post" for anyone who had a new install. It does have Thristam's and a few others work in it also.
It's not hard to do, and once sourced, I'll always post whatever else I do, aside from the database-backup thing.
One thing I would ask of you is, to try an learn how to extract/post your work for us to share also.
And, I ain't that smart! these guys here are light years ahead of me. I'm just determined and stubborn :)

vales
08-12-2006, 06:44 AM
Wow! Thanks a lot Angelox. Your efforts are much appreciated. Going to give it a shot now. :)

Oh, I had a question as well. Which version of PEQ's database did you use? They have a new release from July 17th 2006 (Luclin RC1), and I'm not sure what they added or if you're using a much later release since the last release was back in March, iirc. Might want to double check theirs just in case - you might be doing work they've already done. Excluding LoY stuff, of course. :P

Angelox
08-12-2006, 07:41 AM
Wow! Thanks a lot Angelox. Your efforts are much appreciated. Going to give it a shot now. :)

Oh, I had a question as well. Which version of PEQ's database did you use? They have a new release from July 17th 2006 (Luclin RC1), and I'm not sure what they added or if you're using a much later release since the last release was back in March, iirc. Might want to double check theirs just in case - you might be doing work they've already done. Excluding LoY stuff, of course. :P

I guess that's why I couldn't figure out where to download it (It's posted some where else in IRC) - But no matter anyways, if there isn't any way to source it into what I have, then it's useless to me. I've done a lot of work in a lot of areas (not just what you see posted), and will not start over again.
What they should be doing is posting data that can be sourced into what we have.
I'd much rather find people willing to do what I'm doing. and with good comunication , together we can get a lot more done.

cannon
10-20-2006, 05:27 AM
I just sourced the pok.sql (posted by angelox) upgrade pulled from cavedudes db that installed all the doors , mobs ect. into pok. (by the way excellent job, worked great) Do you have a similar file for the LOY and POP zones? I would really appreciate it. I did find your website, but I couldnt figure out how to source the AX_TABLE into my peq database with the cavedude pok.sql > hope im making some sense.

I would like to say thanks to all of the people that make this happen as well. cavedude, angelox, fathernitwit and anyone I didnt mention.

Angelox
10-20-2006, 05:38 AM
I just sourced the pok.sql (posted by angelox) upgrade pulled from cavedudes db that installed all the doors , mobs ect. into pok. (by the way excellent job, worked great) Do you have a similar file for the LOY and POP zones? I would really appreciate it. I did find your website, but I couldnt figure out how to source the AX_TABLE into my peq database with the cavedude pok.sql > hope im making some sense.

I would like to say thanks to all of the people that make this happen as well. cavedude, angelox, fathernitwit and anyone I didnt mention.

Hi
Actually, I already had POK populated and working , and also had some additional stuff there like a zoner to nexus and some LoY transprotation.
If you're working from a basic PEQ DB, you're probaly better off starting with my DB as a base (as it already uses the PEQ DB as its base). I add CaveDude stuff a little at a time, so I can fix the zones as I go, but haven't latelly becuase I've been working on the older zones.

cannon
10-20-2006, 09:17 AM
Ah ok, I got a pretty decent start to a database atm, I tweaked the tutorial zone which had mobs all at the 0 0 0 location and then added the pok books and spawn , doors ect to pok. I sourced the pok_7.0 zip and it worked great. (almost too easy) just wondered if you had something so easy for the LOY zones. I guess I can try to pull them out of cavemans and try it that way. Thanks alot for the quick response. Great work.

Angelox
10-20-2006, 09:32 AM
Ah ok, I got a pretty decent start to a database atm, I tweaked the tutorial zone which had mobs all at the 0 0 0 location and then added the pok books and spawn , doors ect to pok. I sourced the pok_7.0 zip and it worked great. (almost too easy) just wondered if you had something so easy for the LOY zones. I guess I can try to pull them out of cavemans and try it that way. Thanks alot for the quick response. Great work.
This is old, like my first SQL posts,I still may have the sqls laying around somewhere - I took them off because I was starting to turn everyones database into "memory hogs". At the end, if you're merging data, you'll have to optimize your database; unless you have gigs of RAM to throw away.

cannon
10-21-2006, 01:17 PM
When you say optimize the database. I was reading where the gaps in numbers cause for memory loss (dont quote me on this) or something to that effect. Would you suggest sourcing any new info in the open spaces? (example the spawn2 entries that jump from 5000 to 30000 with nothing in between) or does this not matter? Also is there only certain tables that this would effect? I was just wondering if say you had all of the mobs from one zone together in the database in sequence so to say almost like defragmenting a hard drive would this effect the memory usage. I have 1024 ram and dont have much issues at this time. But I would like to be building up the database with all intentions of doing it the most effective way. Guess im getting into a long story that should have been short. Any insight would be helpful. Thanks again for all your help.

Angelox
10-21-2006, 01:51 PM
When you say optimize the database. I was reading where the gaps in numbers cause for memory loss (dont quote me on this) or something to that effect. Would you suggest sourcing any new info in the open spaces? (example the spawn2 entries that jump from 5000 to 30000 with nothing in between) or does this not matter? Also is there only certain tables that this would effect? I was just wondering if say you had all of the mobs from one zone together in the database in sequence so to say almost like defragmenting a hard drive would this effect the memory usage. I have 1024 ram and dont have much issues at this time. But I would like to be building up the database with all intentions of doing it the most effective way. Guess im getting into a long story that should have been short. Any insight would be helpful. Thanks again for all your help.

What happens is, your DB becomes a big memory hog and eats up a lot of memory - it probably slows down too.
I explained how I optimzed my database here;
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?p=125455#post125455
and here;
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?p=125462#post125462

These are just examples of what you need to do - If you can understand what I did, you will have no problem optimizing your DB.

Angelox
12-17-2006, 12:46 AM
I'm bumping this "historical" thread , mainly because I'm back to working on these zones.
I've started in Gunthak, and have most quests started , also have stuff like wheels, barrels etc. in place, merchants fixed.
I'm about ready to post what I did, but first I want to complete at least one quest, which is the popular quest for the spell: Temperance.
If I get time today, I'll finish up and post.
If anyone has done/is doing Gunthak work, please say so, as it's pointless to have the same work done twice.

bufferofnewbies
12-17-2006, 01:16 AM
If anyone has done/is doing Gunthak work, please say so, as it's pointless to have the same work done twice.

I'm pretty sure most agree, when Ang says he is working on LoY zones... we wait for your updates 'just because'.

:)

Would have to be insane to try to do the detail you do on some of them.

Angelox
12-17-2006, 12:11 PM
Most quests started, and quest for spell:Temperance finished. Also fixed merchants. placed pottery wheels, and other objects.
Note: It appears quest_globals is broken , the nearest version EqEmu I could find where it works is version 0.7.0-856. Many of my quests use global values, Including the temperance-quest. I suggest you revert to 0.7.0-856, until the quest_globals problem can be solved.

Angelox
12-17-2006, 02:11 PM
Degrading to version 0.7.0-856 was not such a good idea; items poof when you zone! I guess I just have to hope for a fix.

Angelox
12-17-2006, 03:04 PM
Degrading to version 0.7.0-856 was not such a good idea; items poof when you zone! I guess I just have to hope for a fix.

Looking back through the threads, the "item poofing on zone" problem was a MySql5 issue that WildcardX fixed later on. So, if you use MySql4, 0.7.0-856 will work.

cavedude
12-18-2006, 01:18 AM
Yeah, MySQL 5.0 shouldn't really be used anyway... 4.0 is still the best.

Angelox
12-18-2006, 02:54 AM
Update to quest_globals problem - I spent the morning narrowing this down.
I was wrong about 0.7.0-856
problem with quest_globals starts with this version;
EQEmu-0.7.0-934
==12/03/2006
FatherNitwit: Fixed a few issues related to quest global expiration.
==========
If you use the one before; EQEmu-0.7.0-933, everything works fine.

EDIT:
The "poofing" bug in 0.7.0-856 , is un-related and fixed in 0.7.0-933 , the problem I'm talking about happens in all MySql versions.

Angelox
12-19-2006, 11:20 AM
Many updates and added quests to the LoY zones - also fixed some npcs, faction in these zones - Millius Darkwater (temperance quest) actually is involved in three quests that span through two LoY zones. They are all completed and working with this update.