PDA

View Full Version : Nasty DOT bugs

InsaneWallaby
07-09-2006, 04:10 PM
I've been doing some fighting in ToV with my character on my own server lately...seems to me all of the dots are doing double what they say to my Iksar. A 200 damage dot is wiping me clean out in 7-8 ticks despite my having nearly 3000 hp. Looked at winged death doing damage to me...was dealing about 240 worth, when it said it was dealing 122 a tick. Furthermore, back when I was a newbie, soloing poisonous spiders was extremely difficult compared to what I remember from Live servers. Anybody else notice this, or is this just something up with Iksar or something due to an older server version (June 24th release)? Might want to take a look into this. Makes those poison dots by some dragons really, really bad if this is the case.

Yeah, doing it on slime mist, too. 80 damage, says I should be taking 40. Probably due to the way Iksar regen is working if it is not global for all character races.

Oh yes, dots are also hitting to where you stand up every time you take damage, for whatever reason. Makes memorizing that heal spell nearly impossible. Dunno if they did that in Live in the last four years too...but I don't remember that being the case back when I played.

Thristam
07-11-2006, 02:08 AM
Yea, i noticed this in Nro on the spiders there. The poison dot's seem to do a unusually high amount of damage.

For instance, i killed at spider with a chanter at around level 6 or so and had half hp. The dot killed me from that point.

GeorgeS
07-11-2006, 06:31 AM
I've also witnessed this - thought it was a db error somewhere.
Sitting up when taking damage is a problem 'cause you cannot med and casting spells is difficult when you're interupted when taking non-melee damage hits.

GeorgeS