PDA

View Full Version : Soul Binders arent working anymore?

Thristam
07-13-2006, 01:32 AM
since I moved to 7.0.823, i cant get any of the soulbinders to work in poknowledge anymore. They all hail and you do do the self cast of the bind, but it keeps telling me that you canot bind in this zone.

I have CanBind set to 1 on zones for poknowledge, and this was working fine last build.

Caliberdb
07-13-2006, 12:08 PM
are you useing cavedudes database? if not get it and use the soulbinders plugin that comes with it, thats how i got soulbinders to work.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
go to eqemu.sesmar.com

Thristam
07-14-2006, 01:50 AM
Yea, I believe im using the addon for the soulbinders already.

Is anyone using 7.823 not having this problem? that would be a big help if i knew they were working somewhere else on this version.

WildcardX
07-14-2006, 03:05 AM
Are you using the titanium client? I bet you are and that is why they are not working for you, but if you go back to your 6.2 client, then it will work, if I remember correctly.

Thristam
07-14-2006, 05:11 AM
hmm, well.....

Yes, im using the titanium client, but what i dont understand is why they worked fine right before i got 7.823. They seemed to work just fine on a previous release.

Thristam
07-21-2006, 02:23 PM
soulbinders in POK dont work. period. I have updated twice and even went as far as to change the perlscript to do a quest rebind, checked the db to make sure can is 1. Unless there is somthing im missing, pok bind dont work.

Thristam
07-22-2006, 04:52 PM
Update: if you set the person to GM they are able to bind, otherwise its a negative in pok

John Adams
08-03-2006, 09:49 AM
Just a thought, but does "invul 1" have anything to do with this? I noticed I cannot self-buff if I am invul. Once I take it off, I can buff myself fine.

(yeah, why buff if you are invul :) cuz I can!)

Aramid
08-04-2006, 03:15 AM
This is still not working in 840, at least on a Windows System runnning Titanium Client. You still have to be a GM to get Soulbinder to work. I setup the Teleporter Quest to give me POK as a Starting city and bind me there and that works. You can even have it send you to the current zone your in and it will bind you but not show up until you zone.

Where in the Database is the Bind information stored?

John Adams
08-04-2006, 05:30 AM
Btw, also, last night I was screwing around with the soulbinder toad in EC Tunnel and inadvertently discovered that if I stand nearly on top of him, I got the self bind to work. Until then, Hail didn't work or anything else. But once I was standing on his toes, swappin tongues with him, I could hail and bind all night.

Just a thought.

Aramid
08-04-2006, 11:41 AM
I narrowed it down to 0.7.0-821. This build is when the Soulbinders quit working. I started from 0.7.0 and worked my way up to 0.7.0-821. 0.7.0-816 the Soulbinders work. There's a lot of changes from 816 to 821. Wish I knew what it was. :-(
My guess is that it pertains to Entity.cpp and Entity.h

John Adams, if yours is working, you either have a build before 821 or it only appears to be working.

hayward6
08-04-2006, 10:37 PM
I don't know what to say here except that I am running a 0.7.0-840 server and all my translators that I have tested are working fine, hail and they talk to you and tell them "bind my soul" and they do just that... I don't have to be standing right on top of them like was suggested earlier, I just stand at a normal distance and do it.

Have you maybe screwed up your zone table to make all zones non bindable? I would test it with a caster class to see if you can cast bind affinity on yourself.

Aramid
08-05-2006, 02:29 AM
I don't know what to say here except that I am running a 0.7.0-840 server and all my translators that I have tested are working fine, hail and they talk to you and tell them "bind my soul" and they do just that... I don't have to be standing right on top of them like was suggested earlier, I just stand at a normal distance and do it.

Have you maybe screwed up your zone table to make all zones non bindable? I would test it with a caster class to see if you can cast bind affinity on yourself.

My TransLocators work fine too, it is only the SoulBinders that don't work. So I am clear, what my Transloactors do, is you hail them, They respond that they can send you to your starting city, you type in the city you want, you get Translocated and Bound to the Starting City you chose.
Just to be sure I didn't screw things up, I installed from scratch a new server and went one at a time from 0.7.0 to 0.7.0-821. As soon as I installed 0.7.0-821, my SOULBINDERS stopped working. You hail them , they answer as they should. You say bind my soul, and you get the correct response saying Binding your soul etc...
The next line says: You are not allowed to bind here!
The next line says: You feel yourself bind to the area.

TYpe in /char and shows your bound there. Now, zone or log out, do /char again and you will see your still bound in the zone previous to the one you the SoulBinder just bound you to.

Have high enough status to use #castspell, enter #castspell 2049 and you get the same responses.

Do #gm on and now you can bind to your hearts content by either using the SoulBinder or #castspell.

One last way to prove their not working. I made an account on PEQ, The Grand Creation. Their SOULBINDERS do the exact same thing as mine.

By Chance, are you doing this as a GM?

John Adams
08-05-2006, 06:20 AM
Ahh, I was GM. And, there may in fact be something wrong with whatever detects your proximity to an object (on my system only, perhaps). Sometimes when I am fighting a mob, it says I am too far away, although I am well within the ring of influence. :) If I #summon, the mob moves a fraction of an inche and I can hit it again.

This is why I sorted out the NPCs that do not respond to Hail. I started testing that all over my world, and sure enough Hail started working once I summoned or stood atop the NPC. Also note, once the initial Hail worked, subsequent hails did appear to work ok even at a slight distance. It's all mind boggling, and I cannot debug since my logs are not very descriptive anymore (trying to figure that out, too).

I will un-GM and try the binders again sometime.

hayward6
08-05-2006, 01:39 PM
My TransLocators work fine too, it is only the SoulBinders that don't work. So I am clear, what my Transloactors do, is you hail them, They respond that they can send you to your starting city, you type in the city you want, you get Translocated and Bound to the Starting City you chose.
Just to be sure I didn't screw things up, I installed from scratch a new server and went one at a time from 0.7.0 to 0.7.0-821. As soon as I installed 0.7.0-821, my SOULBINDERS stopped working. You hail them , they answer as they should. You say bind my soul, and you get the correct response saying Binding your soul etc...
The next line says: You are not allowed to bind here!
The next line says: You feel yourself bind to the area.

TYpe in /char and shows your bound there. Now, zone or log out, do /char again and you will see your still bound in the zone previous to the one you the SoulBinder just bound you to.

Have high enough status to use #castspell, enter #castspell 2049 and you get the same responses.

Do #gm on and now you can bind to your hearts content by either using the SoulBinder or #castspell.

One last way to prove their not working. I made an account on PEQ, The Grand Creation. Their SOULBINDERS do the exact same thing as mine.

By Chance, are you doing this as a GM?

sorry for the misunderstanding, but if you read what I said it's pretty clear I typed translocators by mistake... I was talking about my soulbinders and their ability to bind me. its working fine.

Aramid
08-05-2006, 01:50 PM
Well, that is mind boggling if it's working on yours and your NOT a GM. If Grand Creation's doesn't work, I'd presume no ones did.

Also, being that I made NO Changes when reinstalling yesterday and they stopped working at 0.7.0-821.

Aramid
08-07-2006, 06:20 AM
Tried a couple of other servers with the same results. After much thought though, it's not the SoulBinders that don't work, it's the Bind Affinity Spell that's not working.

Could it be that the code for determining if the zone was OK to bind in has changed?

Aramid
08-07-2006, 12:38 PM
If your compiling 0.7.0-840, here's a fix for Bind Affinity & (SoulBinders).

In zonedb.cpp on line # 91, between maxclip, and time_type, type in walkspeed.

The line should look like this, this being the last 5 entries in that line:

"miniclip,maxclip,walkspeed,time_type,canbind"

recompile zone and Bind Affinity (SoulBinders too) work again. I'm sure the coders will correct it properly in the next release, but here is a fix for now should you choose to try it....

John Adams
08-08-2006, 09:05 AM
Maybe I just don't understand the logic enough yet, but in 821, we were told to DROP walkspeed from npc_types. How is adding this to zonedb.cpp fixing a bind affinity problem?

FatherNitwit: Redid walkspeed code to be caclualted from runspeed (EverHood inspired)
ALTER TABLE `npc_types` DROP walkspeed;

Aramid
08-09-2006, 12:36 AM
Yes, walkspeed has been removed from npc_types, but not from zonedb in the database.
While I'm only guessing, I think it put's the variable in a wrong position somewhere. The problem is not with the soulbinders or the bind affinity spell, but whether or not you can acutally bind in the zone you are in determined by the canbind variable.

By adding BACK in walkspeed to the query, it puts canbind back in the correct position. It was there before, but removed in 840.

I'm not a programmer by any means, just tend to get hooked on something and try to figure out how to make it work. This solution is what I found.

It corrected the problem for me in 840. As I said before, the coders will fix it in the proper place but for now, if you want to fix it... this will work.

John Adams
08-09-2006, 01:14 AM
Ahh, ok. I follow you now. Thanks!

Magoth78
08-09-2006, 08:05 PM
Hello there,

instead of adding 'walkspeed' in the query that will give your error if you remove it from your database, just comment:

zonedb.cpp, line 114

r++

to

//r++;

Have fun,
Mag

Aramid
08-11-2006, 02:31 AM
Hello there,

instead of adding 'walkspeed' in the query that will give your error if you remove it from your database, just comment:

zonedb.cpp, line 114

Have fun,
Mag

Will do in next release, which is out today and remains the same... and it's line 115, but whats a line between _______.

Thanks for letting us know.

Really appreciate it. 8-)