PDA

View Full Version : Here's a spawn problem I need help with,

Angelox
07-14-2006, 06:50 AM
I've been working on the LoY zone "Cript of Nadox" - This zone has a feature of when you kill certain mobs , there's a slight chance of an "instant" spawn right after kill, of another special named mob.
For Example I have a cycle of 4 mobs spawning every 18 mins after death - but one is supposed to pop after 0 mins, if it's his turn.
I'm wondering if this can be done with EQEMU, if so, how?

Thristam
07-14-2006, 07:06 AM
look at the quest Black_Reavers.pl in the City of mist folder in the quest pack. It already does somthing like that and might help you.

Angelox
07-16-2006, 02:24 AM
look at the quest Black_Reavers.pl in the City of mist folder in the quest pack. It already does somthing like that and might help you.

This should do the trick, it's almost exactly what I had in mind.
Im late to looking at this because I was saving the quest folder for last thing to learn - thought it would be the hardest, actually it's turned out to be the easiest ( I wish I looked sooner). I had a wrong idea that the quests were just stuff like "turn in items and get things". Anyways, It opened up a whole new world of options for me.
With your PoK and zone-book dumps, and a few well placed translocators, I don't need the #zone command for normal players anymore.