PDA

View Full Version : Hack Usage

CamelFilter
07-29-2006, 11:19 AM
I'm an old GM on my server, and I stll try to help the main one from time to time. I have noticed serveral people using ghosting and warping hacks throught the server, is there anyway to monitor these, or create something that can. For example ghosting is a client side hack which tells the server you are at a specific spot, but you're not and can move and attack mobs w/o gettin hurt. And warping is like #zone + #goto command.

Sarepean
07-29-2006, 12:38 PM
Just ban them if you've noticed the person using them.

Also, if you're talking EQEmulator servers, I think that the #zone command is available to most people--- to go to a specific location, do a #zone zonename locx locy locz

As far as attacking and moving without getting hurt--- a lot of things don't aggro and some people have pointed out ways on the boards to not get hurt through legitimate movements when in battle as opposed to a client side hack.

Temporary solution to this problem--- as always--- is banning.

Just my thoughts.

CamelFilter
07-29-2006, 02:15 PM
Yeah on our server we use #peqzone and it won't work with the locs. The whole thing about the mobs not aggroing; they were fighting a mob that hits for 3k a hit, and you couldn't hear any type of text near the caracters, but near the mob you could hear them attacking and the HP of the tank never went down. The mobs hp did go down. It was a custom raid encounter and really easy to see they weren't recieving any damage.

Sarepean
07-29-2006, 06:55 PM
Weird. I'd still say my ban solution is your best and time-tested and approved method. =D

Aerewen
12-14-2006, 11:59 AM
could also add a logging command to the mob's attacks to tally up it's dmg throughout the fight and log it to a different file than the server log... that would make it much easier to parse and see what was going on...

wouldnt suggest implementing a ban feature into said programming... but it would give you a very good idea of who to watch :P cuz lets face it if someone kills cipheron in wos and ciph deals less than like 20k dmg you know something's fishy cuz a raid couldnt even pull that one off :)