PDA

View Full Version : Vendor resell

soulshot
07-29-2006, 02:12 PM
I would like to see a better way to adjust the resell price to vendors/merchants. Maybe adding a column in the items table to represent the merchants price that he/she/it will buy items from players. OR to see a new variable that would adjust items resell price globally and all you had to do was adjust it .5 to .3 for example for a resell value to merchants of 30 percent etc.

mattmeck
07-29-2006, 02:17 PM
All items have a sell value already.

GeorgeS
08-11-2006, 03:50 PM
You also could possibly run a sql update command to adjust prices by 30%...

GeorgeS

soulshot
08-12-2006, 07:57 AM
its not the price i want to adjust. its the amount the merchants purchase items for.

Zengez
08-13-2006, 07:54 PM
Don't know if anyone got back to you on this soulshot, but there are actually 2 distinct fields in the items table, the price which is how much to buy the item from a vendor, and the sellrate which is how much the vendor will pay you for them, So you can adjust the sellrate as you see fit, I have a whole long explination about that which is only slightly out of date if you (anyone) needs a tutorial on how to manipulate the price and value of items and creating the merchant id

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17201

In this case i believe the "merchantprice" in the tutorial would be the "sellrate" in databases today, and the "Cost" in the tutorial would be the "price" in the databases today... but someone more up to speed on the items table may post to correct me on that one, i've been delving more into the spawns area than anything else atm...

Hope that helps.

soulshot
08-14-2006, 10:01 AM
sellrate has no effect on how much you sell your items for.