PDA

View Full Version : Few bugs to report.

vales
08-11-2006, 10:43 PM
Hey gang, long time no see. Anyways, glad to see everything is moving right along. After I had time to install the lastest releases, I found some bugs. Some are reoccuring again. But other than that, I do have to say that everything is coming along very nicely! Thanks for the updates guys. :)

1.) Memory Blur line of spells.
It won't stick no matter what I tried. Not sure if it was not working before, but it I did see it mentioned in another topic and wondered if it ever made it in since it was with the Lull fixes. As of now, it totally aggros when it's cast.

2.) GM Status with no #invul command crashes client. I flagged myself with a GM status (green name). I fell and was "bleeding to death" and I couldn't exit out of EQ. Had to Alt-F4. Was fine before. Shouldn't be taking enviornmental damage with the GM flag on, correct?

3.) Read the thing about not being able to bind - just wanted to confirm that this was also not working here. After using the Soul Binder and doing a /charinfo, it does say that I was bound there. But after dieing, I ended up at my very fist bind point when I started the character.

4.) Lull doesn't seem to work at all. Maybe it was accidentally omitted? Soothe (the next spell of the same line) seems to work fine. Also, druid Harmony doesn't work - found that out the hard way. :P

5.) Eye of Zomm doesn't seem to be in with the other fixes. I get an "Unknown Pet!" message when I cast it. Bind Sight works perfectly, though. :)

All this was on a clean compiled 841 release with a new database (except player account backups). I also did run the new MySQL entries to make sure I had them in. Other than that, I see mage and necro pets actually take to healing now. Awesome work! :) Gonna have a blast playing my mage now.

vales
08-13-2006, 05:34 PM
Can't edit my post. :P

But anyway, I tried binding my character in PoK and it worked fine. It may be an issue with the soulbinders or something. I used the spell, and attacked a NPC and respawned right where I bound. Doing a /charinfo reported me being bound in PoK as well.

Just wanted to report back so the devs don't spend time chasing this bug. :)

Aramid
08-14-2006, 02:18 AM
Can't edit my post. :P

But anyway, I tried binding my character in PoK and it worked fine. It may be an issue with the soulbinders or something. I used the spell, and attacked a NPC and respawned right where I bound. Doing a /charinfo reported me being bound in PoK as well.

Just wanted to report back so the devs don't spend time chasing this bug. :)

This is a known bug and a fix is out there, just hasn't been entered into the actual releases. If you compile your own and want to fix it, just comment out line 115 in zonedb.cpp

// r++;

Here's the original thread for the bug and fix...

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=21034&page=1&pp=15