PDA

View Full Version : /camp /exit

soulshot
08-12-2006, 03:23 AM
Ive noticed when people /camp they leave the server just fine and there are little to no issues as far as characters remaining in the game, but for some reason if you /exit there seems to be a good chance of your character hanging up in the server and it dosent terminate information between server and client pc

vales
08-12-2006, 05:45 AM
That's how it is on retail. If you /q (quit) or /exit, it's relatively the same thing as going link dead. People used to use this as an exploit in the live servers, so they made your character stay in a bit after you do that. If you wait a minute or so, you should be able to log back in.

From what I've seen (could have been the GM flag, though), when you log back in after you /q the server should flush out the previous connection.

soulshot
08-12-2006, 07:58 AM
well sometimes the /quit people stay LD and the server doesnt boot them so there it holds up a dynamic zone.

vales
08-12-2006, 09:32 AM
If they stay logged in longer than usual, then let's hope the devs take a look. :)

You can always #kick <name> in the meantime to kick them off the server. I had to do that last night when one of my zones crashed.