PDA

View Full Version : Signals

TekNoir
08-18-2006, 04:04 AM
Has anyone ever had a problem with a specific NPC simply stopping receiving quest::signal from any other NPC?

At first it was just one NPC who refused to receive a signal from any other NPC in the zone. She can send, but not receive. Signals were working just fine with every other NPC, receiving and sending.

Just yesterday, a completely separate mob stopped receiving signals after no code changes. Some debugging quest::say was put into the code and sub EVENT_SIGNAL was no longer being reached.

I have other signaled events running in the same zone and have tried using quest::signalwith as an alternative to the vanilla quest::signal, but that didn't change anything.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thank you in advance...

PS: The code can be as simple as you want and it isn't happening.

# SignalingMob1 (150101)
sub EVENT_AGGRO {
quest::signal(150100,0);
}

# ReceivingMob2 (150100)
sub EVENT_SIGNAL {
quest::say("Please don't attack my little friend.");
}

ylosh
08-18-2006, 12:52 PM
you could try using quest::signalwith(npcid,signalid,delay_in_ms); and see if that gives you the same type of problems.

if you ever wanted to send the same npc multiple signals from different sources for different responses this would work better.

TekNoir
08-19-2006, 05:06 PM
Same problem on same mobs whether I use quest::signal or quest::signalwith. On the rest of the mobs in the zone, either one will work just fine.

It has me positively baffled. :-?