PDA

View Full Version : spawn group id?

Zengez
08-18-2006, 12:58 PM
I'm busy populating a new zone full of custom mobs and whatnot, I can spawn them fine, and for the most part get them to stick, but occasionally a certain npctype spawn just won't make any spawns... I tried things out and it doesn't look like it is generating a spawngroupid when i do a #npcspawn add, even thought it says they are added successfully... anyone know why that might be? and/or how to fix this?

I 'could' do it by just generating them straight into the database, but it's a pain to insert all those x/y/z statements when i'm populating 300 mobs so i'd rather avoid that option if at all possible.

Thanks.

Angelox
08-18-2006, 01:24 PM
If it's the same problem I get, it can happen in any zone - what I do, is use another name on the mob i want set, then when its in place and shows up as so in the DB, I change the name back to what it should be ( seems to be related to the name you use).

Fazzlan
05-07-2007, 06:11 AM
I have run into this same problem. From what I can tell, it's the length of the name that causes the problem. If an NPCs name is too long, it causes spawn problems. No idea why this is or exactly how long the names can be.

Zengez
05-07-2007, 04:00 PM
Been forever since I was doing this last but as I recall I figured it out to be something along the liens of that if you have too many of one type of mob with the same name, such that the A_Small_Rat01 goes all the way to A_Small_Rat99 then you try to add another, it won't because the id gets messed up, but if you do it Angelox's way it bypasses that issue for some reason... I don't know my memory is a little fuzzy but check into that and see if it's due to the quantity of the same mob type you've put into the zone...