PDA

View Full Version : I need help with some quests

Angelox
08-22-2006, 04:05 AM
# Raid event for #Garudon (109107)
# Angelox

sub EVENT_SAY {
if($text=~/Hail/i){
quest::say("Traveler, you must help me. I have been tortured in this city for generations. The mark of Kylong adorns the walls of the theater that houses my remains. These markings are preventing me from passing into the theater and rejoining with my body so that I may pass on in peace. If you can reclaim four samples and return them to me, it may be enough to draw power from. With this power I will pass into the theater and rejoin my body and rest in peace. You do this for me, the torture of eternal capture is more than I can bear.");
}
}

sub EVENT_ITEM {
if ($itemcount{65574} == 4){
quest::spawn2(109107,0,0,-142.884,-120.265,18.226,189.875);
quest::me("As you place the remains of the dragon on the ground, a cold draft fills the air. Suddenly in a great vortex, the bones begin to rise up and move carried by the wind. They jut through the air and come down inside of the nearby theater. You hear the faint sound of bones clanking together, which is then followed by a massive moan. A sharp bolt of fear trickles up your spine as you feel anticipation fill the air.");
quest::depop();
}
}

# EOF zone: Veksar NPCs:#Garudon (109107)
This works ok, but on the quest::me part , it still includes the "say" text as in quest::say.
example: Spirit of Garudon says, "As you place the remains of the dragon...", instead of whats needed "As you place the remains of the dragon..." - What am I doing wrong here?

# Angelox

sub EVENT_SAY{
quest::emote("hisses at you, its sharp teeth gnashing for your flesh!");
}

sub EVENT_DEATH{
quest::delglobal("rage");
quest::setglobal("rage","2","3","F");
$rage=undef;
}

# EOF zone: veksar NPCs: spawn a_raging_bloodgill_goblin (109093)
I can't get the quest::emote part of this to work - he says nothing, but the rest of the script is working. I also tried quest::say and quest::me with same results.

hayward6
08-22-2006, 05:22 AM
# Angelox

sub EVENT_SAY{
}

sub EVENT_DEATH{
$rage=undef;
}

I can't get the quest::emote part of this to work - he says nothing, but the rest of the script is working. I also tried quest::say and quest::me with same results.

This might be the way to go with that one? You have what he is supposed to do but you have no trigger for it.

sub EVENT_ATTACK {
quest::emote("hisses at you, its sharp teeth gnashing for your flesh!"); }

Teppen
08-22-2006, 07:33 AM
sub EVENT_SAY{
}

the problem is that you have started an event but have not set a trigger to the emote. for this to work properly you would need to use this:
---
sub EVENT_SAY {
if($text=~/hail/i){
}
}
---
however, say you would like for him to emote if you walk within a certain proximity of him you would use this:
---
sub EVENT_SPAWN {
$x = $npc->GetX();
$y = $npc->GetY();
#Set proximity
quest::set_proximity($x-50,$x+50,$y-50,$y+50);
}

sub EVENT_ENTER {
}
}
---
you could also if needed target specific whatever's to trigger the EVENT_ENTER like so:
---
sub EVENT_ENTER {
if($class eq "Warrior") && ($level <= 50){
}
}
---
just gave example above of how you could customize other quests to be triggered by specific whatever's.
---
hope this helps.

Angelox
08-22-2006, 07:57 AM
Thanks a ton for your help - this one is fixed with this;
sub EVENT_ATTACK{
}

sub EVENT_DEATH{
$rage=undef;
}

since this is a "spawn on death" event , He always comes out "hissing" at me.

Still i have the problem with the quest::me coming out as a quest::say - I wonder if quest::me is working?

Aramid
08-22-2006, 08:39 AM
It appears that quest::me and quest::echo are coming out the same way as quest::say. Always starting the line with NPC_NAME says.

Angelox
08-22-2006, 10:47 AM
It appears that quest::me and quest::echo are coming out the same way as quest::say. Always starting the line with NPC_NAME says.

Thanks - I guess I'll have to settle for what I have. maybe it will get fixed later.