PDA

View Full Version : Draniksscar and Harbingers updated

Angelox
09-01-2006, 04:42 PM
Post includes all mobs, named mobs, drops, quests, etc. The quests are very important, as the zoning is related to them - Still there's a few loose ends, such as more quests needed, but very playable. The PoD's should be working to and from PoK.
I also updated/reposted my database.

CrabClaw
09-01-2006, 06:07 PM
My GoD, you rock. If I knew you in RL I would buy you a Corona! Thank you so much, I was waiting for these.

BobThompson
09-01-2006, 07:39 PM
I'm getting an error when trying to download the Draniksscar.rar...seems it can't be found...

Thanks for the work!

Qinamen
09-01-2006, 07:44 PM
Yeah, doesn't look like Dranikscar is anywhere found.

Also getting an error from the page.

But Harbringer's is awesome. Thanks for the contribution once again :-)

Angelox
09-02-2006, 12:32 AM
Yeah, doesn't look like Dranikscar is anywhere found.

Also getting an error from the page.

But Harbringer's is awesome. Thanks for the contribution once again :-)

Sorry about that, should be fixed now.
Glad you all liked it - I'm working my way to Wall of Slaughter, I'm doing causeway atm.

vales
09-02-2006, 05:06 AM
Thanks a ton, Angelox! :)

Gonna give it a whirl in a little bit.

Zandig
09-03-2006, 02:23 AM
Thanks again Angelox!
The 'All_Quests' were a sweet addition.

njlinus
09-06-2006, 08:43 AM
Hey Angelox awesome work on the database and updates. I have one question In harbingers when i try to cast a spell i get a message that i can see the target. I know this has to do with Map files and i see I have no map files for harbingers or Draniks. Where can i get these?
thanks!

WildcardX
09-06-2006, 08:47 AM
I think in the past, the map files were and I think still are in the EQEmu Server project. I'm not sure how they are generated though.

Angelox
09-06-2006, 09:21 AM
Hey Angelox awesome work on the database and updates. I have one question In harbingers when i try to cast a spell i get a message that i can see the target. I know this has to do with Map files and i see I have no map files for harbingers or Draniks. Where can i get these?
thanks!
Darn! Always something - I just saw I don't have these maps either, I don't think they are in the main map download either - I'm re-downloading to see, if not I'll try and figure out how to generate these files.
If anyone can help please do.

Angelox
09-06-2006, 09:54 AM
thanks!

I've found and compiled the tool (azone) for making these map files- made a test map, and it seems to be ok - what it does is, it takes the "zone".s3d file and converts it to .map - what I cannot find is the s3d zone files for harbingers and draniksscar ; not listed in the eq client directory, at least under their names.
Does anyone know if they are listed under another name or what to do here?

Thanks

John Adams
09-06-2006, 11:44 AM
Angelox, didn't SOE change out the s3d style gfx for something newer in more recent expansions? I could be thinking of something completely different... but you're right. I do not see s3d files for many zones, though there are some. And if you zone in, of course they work so it's not a digital download problem.

Edit: yes, I am thinking of eqg files replacing s3d... i need to lay off the pipe a while. starting to lose my mind...

J

Angelox
09-06-2006, 12:05 PM
Angelox, didn't SOE change out the s3d style gfx for something newer in more recent expansions? I could be thinking of something completely different... but you're right. I do not see s3d files for many zones, though there are some. And if you zone in, of course they work so it's not a digital download problem.

Edit: yes, I am thinking of eqg files replacing s3d... i need to lay off the pipe a while. starting to lose my mind...

J

I was just thinking it was the eqq files too - so i guess the next question is, how do i convert the egg file to s3d? azone will not deal with egg, must be a different format. Or maybe there's a tool for converting the egg file to map?

eq4me
09-06-2006, 12:14 PM
I found this old thread:

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17081

fathernitwit: If you make azone use the new FileLoader/Archive APIs from the new release of OpenEQ, you'll not only be able to support s3d/wld (haven't added support for wld yet, but that's coming in a bit ) but also eqg/ter (this is fully functional) as well as any other file formats we add in the future. This would be a huge advantage as it wouldn't require you to rewrite azone for new file formats

Angelox
09-06-2006, 12:20 PM
I was thinking of openzone, but then I thought, "how could I make the s3d file if I didn't have any s3d file to start with?" But now that you pointed out the egg support by openzone, I'll try again. maybe I can somehow open the egg file, then save as s3d.

eq4me
09-06-2006, 12:39 PM
I was thinking of openzone, but then I thought, "how could I make the s3d file if I didn't have any s3d file to start with?" But now that you pointed out the egg support by openzone, I'll try again. maybe I can somehow open the egg file, then save as s3d.

I gave it a whirl too. But in Openzone 7.2 I found no indication that the .eqg file format is supported. But maybe I didnt look hard enough.

eq4me
09-06-2006, 01:54 PM
This might be a start:

S3DSpy can extract content from the .eqg files.

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/eqemulator/S3DSpy_1.2.zip

Maybe the .ter file you see can be further converted.

But maybe it would be better to send fathernitwit a PM so he doesnt accidently overlook this thread. I bet he knows much more about this.

Angelox
09-06-2006, 02:58 PM
heres an interesting thread from when Omens first came out - gave me a better idea on what the eqg file is - seems Omens expansion introduced this format.
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?p=92127

fathernitwit
09-06-2006, 03:54 PM
there is a mod around here somewhere to make azone read in ter files (by daeken). I havent taken the time to integrate it properly, but it should still work.

eq4me
09-06-2006, 08:36 PM
there is a mod around here somewhere to make azone read in ter files (by daeken). I havent taken the time to integrate it properly, but it should still work.

I recon you mean this thread: http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17261

Unfortunately the Link is now defunct and I cant find an alternate source. Anyone has this azone_eqg.tar.bz2 lying around on his harddrive?

Angelox
09-06-2006, 11:27 PM
I recon you mean this thread: http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17261

Unfortunately the Link is now defunct and I cant find an alternate source. Anyone has this azone_eqg.tar.bz2 lying around on his harddrive?

Well, we're a lot closer now, If I get my hands on a copy and manage to get it all working, I'll take time out and generate all the missing maps so this won't be a problem in the future.

eq4me
09-07-2006, 01:08 AM
Here is something to speed up the process.

make a temorary directory, copy ./azone in there and make softlinks from the .eqg files in your everquest directory to here. Then go over all the .eqg files and feed em to azone one at a time.

mkdir /var/tmp/build
cd /var/tmp/build/
cp <path to azone>/azone .
ln -s <path to everquest directory>/*eqg .
for i in `ls |grep "\.eqg"|cut -d"." -f1` ; do ./azone $i ; done
rm *.eqg

Voila, you are left with alot of map files. Now the only thing left to do is to determine what .eqg files where actual zone files and have no .map file yet.
If you can find this out in advance make an txt file with the filenames and modify the script to this

Provided that the name of the file with the new zones is 'eqg_zonefiles':

mkdir /var/tmp/build
cd /var/tmp/build/
for i in `cat eqg_zonefiles|cut -d"." -f1` ; do ./azone $i ; done
rm *.eqg

fathernitwit
09-07-2006, 03:08 PM
hmm... I cant seem to find this file either... somebody out there has to have it laying around....

Angelox
09-13-2006, 12:34 PM
It seems when I first started Harbingers Spire , spells worked - now, the don't - I know there was never a map file. I'm wondering if there was a change in the code to affect this? of maybe I was pipe-dreaming again?

Angelox
10-23-2006, 06:25 AM
Here is something to speed up the process.

make a temorary directory, copy ./azone in there and make softlinks from the .eqg files in your everquest directory to here. Then go over all the .eqg files and feed em to azone one at a time.

mkdir /var/tmp/build
cd /var/tmp/build/
for i in `ls |grep "\.eqg"|cut -d"." -f1` ; do ./azone $i ; done
rm *.eqg

Voila, you are left with alot of map files. Now the only thing left to do is to determine what .eqg files where actual zone files and have no .map file yet.
If you can find this out in advance make an txt file with the filenames and modify the script to this

Provided that the name of the file with the new zones is 'eqg_zonefiles':

mkdir /var/tmp/build
cd /var/tmp/build/
for i in `cat eqg_zonefiles|cut -d"." -f1` ; do ./azone $i ; done
rm *.eqg

Does this mean there's a way to convert eqg ro map?

LostZaphod
10-24-2006, 11:01 AM
hmm... I cant seem to find this file either... somebody out there has to have it laying around....
I have searched up and down and found a few web references but no files... (all links goto unregistered domain names)

FNW
Here are a few names that might have the same header and c++ files i found,
could you look for these file names?

openeq.tar.bz2
openeq_win32.zip
openeq_win32_vc6.zip

I did find this
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17202&page=2&pp=15
at the very bottom is "eqgter_loader.zip" but it is only 2 files maybe useful...

On this page is the "main" process referencing ter.h
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=15957
but as you already know, we have to find its source.