PDA

View Full Version : Updated Tool - EqItems Item Editor

Pages : [1] 2

GeorgeS
09-04-2006, 07:30 AM
Finished this mamoth work today, and it runs stably.

What is this program?
EQITEMS does several things -

-Search for items in the database by search criteria
-Edit any item by a variety of parameters
-Create new items by modifying pre-existing items as templates
-Load any character on your server to view and edit equipped (worn only) items.

Well try it out, let me know if it crashes and what the circumstances were.

download link - http://wizardportal.dyndns.org/eqemu/eq.html/eqitems.zip
old help file link - http://wizardportal.dyndns.org/eqemu/eqitems_help/Eqitems.html

links to main site
http://wizardportal.dyndns.org/eqemu/eq.html

GeorgeS

GeorgeS
09-05-2006, 01:41 PM
Some databases do not include DBversion info in field varname in Table variables. Download new version - that should fix any errors during start-up.

Everquest Item Editor and Character Inventory Editor 9.506 , Latest 9/5/06
-Fixed startup error due to some databases missing DBversion in field varname

GeorgeS

moydock
09-17-2006, 02:23 PM
Link isn't working to download, server down maybe?

GeorgeS
09-17-2006, 04:04 PM
Yes, windows rebooted the machine after an update.
Thanks for letting me know

GeorgeS

moydock
09-17-2006, 07:22 PM
Thank you sir. Much appreciate that you made this tool.

moydock
09-17-2006, 07:54 PM
Hrmm, I can't get it workin for the life of me. I run register_ocx. I edit the db.ini setting to:
host=192.168.1.101
user=moydock
password=*********
database=eq
everquest_folder=null

and i get that same message every time i try to launch, "MYSQL connection FAILED! Did you edit db.ini?", any idea? I also tried launching it on the server using localhost as the host.

Zuesrooster
09-17-2006, 11:48 PM
Did you set up an ODBC connection?

GeorgeS
09-18-2006, 02:10 AM
Make sure you installed my MYODBC drivers first - that's usually the main issue.

Also, since you're using a 192.168.x.x ip address, refer to my help at the middle/bottom of the page for this.

http://wizardportal.dyndns.org/eqemu/eq.html

Do any of my others utlities work for you?

GeorgeS

moydock
09-18-2006, 06:46 AM
Make sure you installed my MYODBC drivers first - that's usually the main issue.

Also, since you're using a 192.168.x.x ip address, refer to my help at the middle/bottom of the page for this.

http://66.159.225.58/eqemu/eq.html

Do any of my others utlities work for you?

GeorgeS
Ahh okay, i just had to install the drivers. Thanks a bunch. Just started playing with it and wow man, amazing job. Quite the upgrade from the last item editor i was using!

Mendorr
10-04-2006, 03:39 PM
Excellent work!

There is only one problem I have found so far. One Hand Slashing weapons do not show up on my lists. Has anyone else seen this problem or is it just me?

Thank you

GeorgeS
10-05-2006, 02:11 PM
Thanks for the bug report!
<bonks himself on the head>
1HS weapons now show - forgot they are itemtype=0...

Updated ver. is online. Also source is now being made available too...

GeorgeS

wraithlord98
10-06-2006, 04:20 PM
Fixed the initial issues I was having.. however - noticed that there's no way to view and edit items in inventories (unless I'm missing something). Overall - very impressed!

wraithlord98
10-07-2006, 07:00 AM
Sorry about back to back posts - but couldn't edit my original post.. what I was referring to is that I am unable to change/edit anything in my inventory slots or the bags in those slots. The main thing I'm interested in is changing around stat food and/or copying editing said items.

GeorgeS
10-08-2006, 04:46 AM
Currently it does not edit inventory slots. What I am looking at is adding this functionality, however I am decoding/decrypting the inventory info now, and depending on how sucessful I am, I will implement this feature.

GeorgeS

Iamien
10-09-2006, 11:34 AM
Not working to me while trying to connect to a remote database. Im sure I have access to it as well.

GeorgeS
10-09-2006, 01:44 PM
Not working to me while trying to connect to a remote database. Im sure I have access to it as well.

please read about connecting to a remote DB on my site - all's explained there.

http://66.159.225.58/eqemu/eq.html

Also - you did install myODBC drivers?

GeorgeS

Iamien
10-11-2006, 09:17 AM
http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/8632/339cb7.png

Got that after the splash screen.

GeorgeS
10-11-2006, 01:24 PM
in the resources folder run register_ocx.bat - that will fix dll registrations

GeorgeS

GeorgeS
10-14-2006, 05:26 AM
Work log as of Oct 14th

Managed to figure out personal inventory and bank and bag slots. This means you will eventually be able to equip and manage characters better. i.e be able to place stuff in bags...

This is pretty challenging because I have to code a inventory manager that interfaces with the db. It's pretty daunting.

Current version displays personal inventory, bank and bag slots, but it's only read only.

I'll let ya all know when this next update is ready...

GeorgeS

GeorgeS
10-17-2006, 05:39 PM
Ok, all is well and the new version is done. It was pretty hard to get this one working, but it's available for DL.

This version sports -

Personal, Bank and Bags are fully editable (read/write/delete).
You can fully equip a character from bank and personal items now.
You can add bags and fill them with items.
Augmented item stats are preserved whether they are on the character, or in a bag etc...
Searches are saved to disk
Misc tab now pulls out all items from db sorted by name. Then you use a filter to refine the list.
Want to find all regen+1 items for a necro? - Simple with this editor...
Looking for a +350hp +350mana cloak for a Cleric? - one query and your'e done.
Want a +500hp helm? - you can make this item easily

Because of the endless possibilities this program has, you can do quite a lot, (the help is online and updated frequently)

Remember, use my backup program to back up your _character and inventory tables in case something get's borked.

GeorgeS

paaco
10-17-2006, 07:17 PM
Hey thanks George, this Item Editor is the nicest I have seen. Check your PM's btw. Keep up the good work.

paaco
10-18-2006, 04:59 PM
Question about a problem I am running into. ( Probably me being a noob ) I added click effects to two items on my server. One was Summon Bandages. Other is summon Arrows. In game they say Effect: Summon: Arrows ( Unknown Activation)

What did I do wrong? :)

Edit: Clicktype field needed to be changed manually. Fixed the items :)

bufferofnewbies
10-18-2006, 07:03 PM
Hey GeorgeS,

Is there any way I can con you into makeing Shroud race available on the list?
Currently your editor doesnt show them, although if you pull up an item in it that is shroud only: It lists the race as ID# 32768 (1 above All, i believe)

It might sound like a wierd request, but I have a few items I was wanting to see if I could make All player races + shroud. (I can only assume the race # I'd need is 65535: the All (32767) + Shroud (32768), but I don't really know much about that part of the dBase yet.)

As far as I can tell, all non-player races are considered as being under the Shroud field (at least the 3 or 4 i tested). So, if this is possible, it might be a good way to add non-standard races into a server for anyone who is interested.

GeorgeS
10-19-2006, 02:20 AM
I just looked into the database, and the race field byte 'was'
15 bits long, so I will use bit 16 as the shroud race after froglok (bit15)
This will make it so the 65535=inlcude all races

Expect to have this included in the next release..

In the meantime, manually edit the race byte to 65535 (or 32768) in my program.

GeorgeS

...thanks for helping make this a better tool

GeorgeS
10-19-2006, 02:01 PM
Finished this request - Shroud is now a race (makes it 16bits) now.
ALL races=65535
You can run this script to make global changes to add the shroud race to existing items previously that were 32767

update items SET race=65535 WHERE race=0 OR race=32767;

Also fixed a few minor issues, DL this version 10.19.0

I'm also considering adding the ability to load any Magelo Characters.

GeorgeS

GeorgeS
10-31-2006, 04:00 PM
Added Loading of any Magelo Characters. This was a big job trying to create a javascript parser, but it works well and I already loaded in many characters.

It will load the magelo character's worn items and any bank items incl. bags and items within them.

GeorgeS

John Adams
11-01-2006, 05:26 AM
omg you are a life saver, George. I was just starting a parser script to do that same thing. started out parsing the txt file it dumps, and thought how much better it would be to just parse the profile by ID.

Thank you!

John Adams
11-01-2006, 09:54 AM
I ran to try this soon as I had a moment. Got the tool installed, registered the OCX, myODBC 3.5 installed, and connect fine. I think the tool is working like normal. So I got to import the Magelo, and it pulls what looks like some different skinned EQRankings site (not brown, but lite blues). Thought they changed something, but the actual site looks the same.

Anyway, I get to my profile, pop it up, and try to import the character, and nothing happens. Says it did it ok, but no char data. Am I doing something wrong?

GeorgeS
11-01-2006, 02:50 PM
--Make sure you load in a character first. Then run the magelo parser

edit - just checked without loading a character and it parses ok and load the items fine.

Make sure you browse to
http://eq.testmagelo.com/do_ranking.jspa?classeId=11

or in my program connect to the server by clicking on 'Bowse Magelo Profiles (www)' either way it must be the new magelo format.

Any other Magelo server (old format) will not work. Only the new format will work. Use URL I showed above. The old one has different javascript and the tags will not be found by the parser

GeorgeS

GeorgeS

GeorgeS
11-01-2006, 03:01 PM
The parser is pretty complicated as it has to handle bags and items within them. I spent a good part of a week figuring the links out. Magelo also is close to the eqemu db format for bags and bank inventory, but the bag contents 'slot id's' are not the same as eqemu. That was a hard one to figure out.

Actually, I loaded in some pretty cool characters I found on magelo, and made a pretty naked necro very uber.

Just FYI, the function I wrote that parses out magelo id's is

Function find_itemnumber(i As Integer, itemnum As Long)

iitem$ = "items[" & i & "] = new Item("
srch_len = Len(iitem$)
srch_end$ = ",'"

first_find = InStr(1, magelo.Text, iitem$, vbTextCompare)
If (first_find) Then
last_find = InStr(first_find, magelo.Text, srch_end$, vbTextCompare)
itemnum = Mid(magelo.Text, first_find + srch_len, last_find - (first_find + srch_len))
Else
itemnum = 0
End If

GeorgeS

John Adams
11-02-2006, 07:00 AM
Ahhhh, I did not load a character first, George. My bad. I will try again tonight, see what I get. Thanks! Here I was going to use it to import my own 5 accounts worth of toons - but you made me realize, I can be ANYONE on Magelo muhahahaha!!

Ok, not that exciting, but very cool nonetheless.

John Adams
11-02-2006, 12:03 PM
Hrm. I am not successful using this tool.

I am loading a character first, then browsing to the testmagelo site, then popping up the magelo profile window (the small popup), clicking Decode, and nada... I do not see anything showing up in the slot boxes on the main EQItems page. Should I?

Here's the profile I am testing with, on a character with the same name in the character_ database already: http://eq.testmagelo.com/profile/1239138

Also, a suggestion: Can you make your windows non-modal, or allow minimize? makes it nearly impossible to see around them. :)

GeorgeS
11-02-2006, 02:11 PM
Ah I see what your doing wrong,

When the new explorer window pops up (showing your character and his stuff), you must right click to the right of the character name "Raahvin" and select "View Source" - Copy the java source and paste this into the little black window (text box) above the button "Decode and Load". So you see, this text box now has the java script source which my program uses for decoding...

Also, see the help with the program (in main window screen) - "View Online Help" button.

Anyway, I loaded your character in fine - so let me know how it goes.

GeorgeS

John Adams
11-03-2006, 12:16 AM
Ahh!! Yes, there it's working fine. I am very sorry for not reading the help. I normally am not this helpless. :) It works like a champ. I was actually wondering how you managed to hook to the popup window and parse it. But now I see, you do not. Very nice. Works like a champ!

GeorgeS
11-03-2006, 03:03 AM
Earlier on I managed to link to the magelo site by sending the page to a string variable. But for some weird reason, vb6 does not work with this type of site - perhaps because of the javascript. Thus manual copying and pasting was necessary.

GeorgeS

John Adams
11-03-2006, 07:33 AM
i am not that familiar with VC6, but does it support an fopen(url) kind of process, that you can then read that data into a buffer and parse it? You could then tell the user to simply enter their MageloID and behind the scenes grab the page, parse, and stuff. I do this with PHP, but hadn't tried with any other scripting language.

Here's fragments of a typical web page parser I use for PHP, for example:
/* open the page $url */
$rslink = @fopen($url,"rb");

/* load into a buffer */
while(!feof($rslink)) {
$this->rsBuffer .= @fread($rslink,1024);
}

/* parse the buffer using regex, or however you do now */
function ParseBuffer()

ShadowVax
11-04-2006, 10:15 AM
hmm. Perhaps im not doing it right but... I get this error. I have the drivers installed and edited the db.ini as you said. Just reinstalled the server today using Cavedudes database and such.

Run-time error '76':
Path not Found

maybe im still a little noobish as this or somethin. Any suggestions?

GeorgeS
11-04-2006, 04:29 PM
Make you you run register_ocx.bat in /resources/ folder.

Also make sure you update the server to be at least 0.7.0.840 complient, as I do not remember if it works with plain vanilla 0.7.0
Lastly, I just uploaded a new version which drops a control that was unused previously. May not make a difference though.

GeorgeS

Rhodan
11-04-2006, 06:53 PM
ALso, paths seem to need an ending slash c:\path\ in some of the tools.

chestbuster
11-27-2006, 09:17 PM
Shadowvax, when extracting the file (with winzip i'm assuming) make sure to enable "use folder names"

I had the same problem as you.

GeorgeS
11-29-2006, 02:30 PM
Shadowvax, when extracting the file (with winzip i'm assuming) make sure to enable "use folder names"

I had the same problem as you.

Correct, this can happen depending on your unZIPper program settings.

GeorgeS

skeletalwarrior
05-13-2007, 04:57 PM
Im unable to copy items it seems to crash the program.

This happens after i click the edit item button then click copy... the program stops responding.
Then when i re-open the program and search for the item the copy is there but clicking it gives me:

Run-time error '-2147467259' (80004005)
Data provider or other service returned an E_FAIL status

I am using the PEQ database and EQEmu-0.7.0-992

my db.ini is

host=localhost
user=root
password=********
database=peq
everquest_folder=C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest

ChaosSlayer
05-17-2007, 12:36 PM
i have same problem
I can edit item, but when i am tryign to COPY, it will create a new item (and save into DB) but when I try to access it - the whoel thing crashes.

(BTW i have identical problem in all other editors - loot editor, npc editor, spawn editor - i can edit existing values but cannot create new things.)

Only Spell Editor allows me to actualy make new items wihout crashing (it does gives weird error message in german some times due to unknown reasons)

Another thing- in item editor lots of important things not reflect at all, such as:

-Deity choices for item
-Skill choices for weapons (like 1hb)
-No bane dmg/magic dmg
-No item prices
and few others
you can still do expert edit on all the value but its a bit uncomfortable =)

GeorgeS
05-20-2007, 01:24 PM
Thanks for the report. Im in Maui right now, so I may have time to look at this after happy hour :)

Also, what MySQL version you all running?

GeorgeS

ChaosSlayer
05-20-2007, 02:44 PM
I have installed mysql-essential-5.0.37-win32.msi
and my emulator is whatever the latest version is curently up for download. (7 i belive)

my errors are identical in all the editors (which i presume made by you) it has soemthing to do with improper call send to sql DB when trying to create a new item

as i said it mostly edits fine, with exeption of Loot Tables editor and Spawn Tables editor- when trying to edit those they crash and delete whatever values i was trying to edit

Editing NPC stats (wihout touching loot or copy) - works fine. Same goes for item editor

GeorgeS
05-21-2007, 05:42 PM
Ok I went through the code and found a potential source of error from where the program writes date fields in the items table. For whatever reason MS VB crashes there. I added some code to prevent this and now it works fine. I'll upload the fixed items editor wed.

Regarding the loot editor issues - I was not aware of those. PM me with details so I can trace the error. In fact any errors should be reported.

GeorgeS

ChaosSlayer
05-22-2007, 03:14 AM
I don't know if you have update Item Editor downlaod on your site after fixes, cuase i just re-donwloaded and stil have same errors.

I have PM you a complite error report.
thanks =)

skeletalwarrior
05-22-2007, 08:46 AM
Thanks a lot man I've been using this editor because its the only way I can see images of items while I

Amra
05-22-2007, 12:24 PM
I'll upload the fixed items editor wed.

Chaos, It's not wednesday :-D

GeorgeS
05-23-2007, 12:47 PM
Everyone who experiences this error is running MySQL ver 5.x ?
I'm on 4.x, so I will have to go from there. I've posted the "fix" already, and it's wed. already :)
Let me know if the itemeditor works now for you.

GeorgeS

ChaosSlayer
05-23-2007, 04:19 PM
updated editor works nicely
big thanks =)

if you also be so kind to fix same error in NPC and Spawn editors you will be my personal Tunare =)

I will even name mob after you in my custom world =)

GeorgeS
05-25-2007, 03:24 PM
Re- NPC & LOOT EDITOR

Ok, finally made changes to the code so that different npc_types table schemas do not mess things up.

So copying NPC's works or at least it should.

Issues with loot's have not been fixed yet, but I'm working on that now.
If you have problems with creating or modifying loot drops, please show me the field names in the following tables -

`lootdrop_entries`
`loottable`
`loottable_entries`

You can DL the newest version now

GeorgeS

ChaosSlayer
05-25-2007, 05:34 PM
i just checked it
Copy NPc indeed works

when trying to save loot tables produces mySQl eror (liek before) and crashes

Tables in mySQl you asked for:

`lootdrop_entries`
lootdrop_id
item_id
item_charges
equip_item (this btw do not work in game - even mobs who have their items set to equip DO NOT actualy wield them, or items are invisable, cuase NPC do perform proper animation for axes, spears etc, but wihout actual weapon visible)
chance

`loottable`
id
name
mincash
maxcash
avgcoin (whats this one do? all mobs i look at have this at 0)

`loottable_entries`
loottable_id
lootdrop_id
multiplier
probability

there is also Lootdrop table which has:
id
name (this seem to be the name of lootdrop set, like Decayign Sceleton Common etc)

One more thing, while you at it, a list of minor problems - in almost all the editors there is a problem I have:

-some of them DO NOT have a windows taskbar icon
-some of them cannot be minimazed
-some of them fall out of screen (this is specialy BIG problem with NPC editor as even if i set my resulution to the screen that is BIGGER than program window i still cannot see all the coulmns at same time cuase the program window ends soemwhere at 1280 pixels and any extra space on screen is blank. It would be nice to have a scroll bar on both horisontal and vertical =)

Item editor has a cool feature that its imposible to shot down - it does not have Taskbar icon AT ALL - the only way for me to exit it is go to task bar and do shut down operatin =)
It also suffers from falling out of screen problem (thought just by a little bit about 100 pixels)

Spawn Editor and merchant Editor- this two have an interesting feature of staying in memory and running invisible after you exit them =)

GeorgeS
05-26-2007, 06:33 AM
Ok thanks, I recoded the loot section and posted the update on my site. I hope it works for you now.

- the editor is resized to 1250x768 and should fit on 1280x1024 screens. I'm dropping support for 1024x768 since sizing issues make it hard to fix.
-The minimise buttons will appear next, and the memory loss will be fixed.

I'll work on the spawn editor next..

For that again, I'll need the fields you have for :
spawngroup
spawnentry
spawn2

Thanks
GeorgeS

ChaosSlayer
05-26-2007, 09:38 AM
the Loot tables now working- great job =)

(thought NPC still refuse to wield their weapons even when set to equip =(

tables your asked for

spawngroup:
id
name
spawn_limit

spawnentry:
spawngroupID
npcID
chance

spawn2:
ID
spawngroupID
zone
x
y
z
heading
respawntime
variance
pathgrid
timeleft
_condition
cond_value

GeorgeS
05-26-2007, 11:38 AM
Re-coded the save routine for spawneditor as well. That should work as well.

Item editor runs at 1280x1024 - because there's so much on the page, it had to be large to fit. There's no taskicon for some unknown reason to me. I use windows API DLL's to do the overlays. I'll look into a minimize button

So I hope the programs will work for you. I did a spawning tutorial on my site that uses both in game spawning techniques and my spawneditor in tandem.

GeorgeS

ChaosSlayer
05-27-2007, 10:16 AM
spawn editor seem to work fine, it saves data and does not crash.

The problem that it remains as running process after you exit it remain however.

Oh yeah just noticed that Quest Editor also does not have a task bar icon (working fine otherwise)

GeorgeS
05-28-2007, 04:44 AM
Ok, spawneditor should no longer be a TSR (terminate and stay) :)

Does anyone have any ideas or needs for a new tool ?

GeorgeS

ChaosSlayer
05-28-2007, 05:05 AM
i am always willing to load good programmer with work =)

would you consider making it a separate small char editor which will handle class, race, and whats more important deity, stats, AAs, skills etc

or on tradeskill editor:

mayby add a search so it don't load entire db every time
-put both recipe list and component detail onto same page

can't realy think about anything else right now - it seems that prety much everyhting is howered short of things that evil client has hard coded

Vulok
05-29-2007, 04:42 AM
Just curious, how does one activate the item effects. I am using the newest EQitems and everything works great so far, except.

Item Charges : 0 (Activation unknown)
Worn Effect : Also is down

Looked over these posts and the forums sorry if I missed it.

Thanks again,

ChaosSlayer
05-31-2007, 11:28 AM
another idea for you George, add material and color tint editing for your item editor =)

would be a great help at design time

GeorgeS
05-31-2007, 04:26 PM
I never messed with color/materials - how does it work?

If it's simple enough, I'll add it in

..regarding item charges et.al, I am not sure myself even how to get those to work either...

GeorgeS

ChaosSlayer
05-31-2007, 04:38 PM
the material part should be rather simple
the material simply goes from 1 to 16 and indicates difffirent apperances
this is so easy anyone could do this via advance options - just a number into material field.

the numbers are:

0=No Graphic
1=Leather
2=Chain Mail
3=Plate
4=Monk Armor
10=Robe1
11=Robe2
12=Robe3
13=Robe4
14=Robe5
15=Robe6
16=Robe7

(you can view this textures in game by setting mob to one of the player races and asigning it #texture 1 to 16)

so basicly just add extra to tem editing window where i could click select one of the types. idealy would be if it could also show in game apperance, but that you will prabaobly need to get few screenshots from in game.

Color part is esentialy a long digit number - what i am proposing is adding a color window (like in game you had for paiting your armor) where user could select combos of RBG and your program converts this to a single number as used by item DB (for exmaple look up numbers for Bronze BP and Fine Steel one for comparacen)

unfortunately i have no idea how RBG combo converts into that single number =)
in a worst case scenario just allow to pick like 10-15 basic colors - numbers for these can be tracked by examinign items which are well known in game for havign special tint (bronze - orange, Ivy - green, mihrtil- light blue etc)

mamba666
06-01-2007, 02:28 AM
For the color decimal number,
I think the RGB is in hex that you have to convert to a decimal number like $ff ff ff

where red is 00-ff green 00-ff blue 00-ff which gives you 0-255 for red 0-255 for green 0-255 for blue

so all red would be "ff 00 00" converts to decimal value 16711680

all blue would be "00 00 ff" equals decimal value 255

ChaosSlayer
06-01-2007, 04:17 AM
oh here is a good tool - in npc editor include an option to find and show all unused npc IDs from range X to Y

also add a search by npc ID, cuase when NPC do not belong to a spawn table, and you do not remember its name- there is no way to find it.

and mayby even find and list all npcs who do not belong to any zone spawn tables

Kayot
06-01-2007, 04:53 AM
^-^ For Item Tint colors, I figure I should pass along what I've figured out.

The color numbers are huge, Heres why.

I don't suggest hex at all, unless you want to hex and then dehex the number. Instead use a function to break it down.

Here's what I used (Sort of, I'm retyping it from my memory)

Public Function ItemColor(ByVal Value as Long) as Color
Dim Alfa as Byte = Value / 16777216
Dim Red as Byte = (Value - (Byte1 * 16777216)) / 65536
Dim Green as Byte = (Value - (Byte1 * 16777216) - (Byte2 * 65536)) / 256
Dim Blue as Byte = (Value - (Byte1 * 16777216) - (Byte2 * 65536)) - (Byte3 *
Color = Color.FromArgb(Alfa , Red , Green , Blue )
End Function

Then to use it in say, a Label with a right click pop-up color dialog, set it like this (I'm typing this so expect mistakes in the syntax.)

Private Sub ClickEvent(stuff that gens here) Handles label1.click
lable1.backgroundcolor = ItemColor(reader.Getstring(#))
End Sub

reader is my SQL reader, The getstring is syntax and the # is the column it pulls the data from. You could replace it with any number that is a Long or smaller. If pulling from a TextBox, don't forget the Clng(TextBox.Text) or else it'll give you a convert error.

If you'd like, I could make a function that puts them back together, though it's easer to just make a one line multiplyer.

lngValue = lable1.backgroundcolor.color.A * 16777216 + lable1.backgroundcolor.color.R * 65536 + lable1.backgroundcolor.color.G * 256 + lable1.backgroundcolor.color.B

GeorgeS
06-07-2007, 03:48 PM
Added by Request -
NPC Editor Tool ver - 6.7.07.01
-Searches by npc_id are now possible.
- You can now find a range of unused npc_id's under Tools/ Find available npc_id's from Range.

GeorgeS

Color tool is being looked at

ChaosSlayer
06-14-2007, 02:43 AM
great work GeogreS , thanks =)

what do you think about taking on a Spell Editor?
I know there are atleast 2 spell editors around (one from Windcatcher, and one from some german person, I belive) but I bet you can do better =)

the german spell editor is far easier to work with that the one by Windcatcher (or atleast that what it seems to me), its far more polished in terms of GUI and lots of special fields are explained (and it got very powerful search!!), but it does have a tendency to crush a lot (usualy after copying/adding a spell)

codyp19
06-26-2007, 05:11 PM
how do i check my original host (numbers) from my original mysql account?

jonogo
07-21-2007, 10:47 PM
Added by Request -
NPC Editor Tool ver - 6.7.07.01
-Searches by npc_id are now possible.
- You can now find a range of unused npc_id's under Tools/ Find available npc_id's from Range.

GeorgeS

Color tool is being looked at

I just downloaded your item editor and found your other programs on your page. Just wanted to say THANK YOU from a newbie to the eqemu server admin.

Any idea why, after installing the eqitems AND ODBC drivers, I would get an error as follows:

Run-time error '339':

Component 'MSCOMCTL.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid

I get your splash screen, but then after hitting "Let's Start" it produces the above error.

My db.ini is as follows:

host=localhost
user=root
password={private}
database=ax_classic
everquest_folder=null

Thanks ahead of time.

Cheers,

jonogo

GeorgeS
07-22-2007, 04:31 AM
In Resources/ folder, run register_ocx.bat
This goes for all the tools - they use .dll's and .ocx and need to be registered.

A new version is coming soon that will enable one to equip Raid BOTS

GeorgeS

jonogo
07-23-2007, 12:31 PM
In Resources/ folder, run register_ocx.bat
This goes for all the tools - they use .dll's and .ocx and need to be registered.

A new version is coming soon that will enable one to equip Raid BOTS

GeorgeS

Most Excellent! thanks a ton Geroge, and I look forward to future updates!!!

-jonogo

Blakine
08-02-2007, 10:45 AM
Working well, except:

1. When you hit the cancel button on the save profile dialog it does not cancel but actually saves the profile you use as an examples (I think its mage_default).

2. Minor issue - Mage_mid profile - I used this on a bot and one of the items in the profile shows up as a tent or a lean-to? It's funny, but probably should be fixed. Might be DB specific though, I am using PEQ.

Other then that seems to work great. Much faster to equip an army of bots using this.

GeorgeS
08-04-2007, 06:02 AM
I changed the cancel button function so a cancel no longer saves.

Your database may differ slightly - this is expected. Items may not show as the correct items in a custom items table. Mine are based on AX.

Thanks for trying it out.

GeorgeS

Foin
08-06-2007, 09:03 AM
I love your item editor i was wondering if you could load all the items like mangoos editor did i really like his but it is very dated now

GeorgeS
08-06-2007, 01:44 PM
The items table would take several gigs of memory - no way that can be loaded in and it may not run on older PC's. Also the MySQL should respond without lag at all, except for a few rare instances I've observed. There's no way to load in all data without a total rewrite - so sorry, not possible.

GeorgeS

Xpeld
08-07-2007, 01:00 AM
I dont know if any 1 posted this as a bug yet , bit it seems when ya bring over clicky items into your toon , in game they dont work.
things with out charges , that shouldnt have charges , say they are out of charges + the ?right side items dont work .
and is there a way to make moveable mini windows for like the bankslots and bag area and such.
and i guess in my version the main window isnt adjustable?
just wondering if there was a way to make it scaleable .
other wise great job ! .

GeorgeS
08-08-2007, 02:18 AM
regarding click items -
Actually this is not a bug as far as I can tell because my editor creates the entries correctly. This may be something else. I've never got these to work either.

The window cannot be made sizeable - this is something I designed. Resize your desktop resolution for 1280x1024

The little areas which display bag contents are fixed bitmaps.
All these were designed to be that way - to not be moveable.

Remember to remove an item in inventory right click on it. To add an item you drag drop the description icon (top of page) to the empty slot. This is documented in the help

GeorgeS

FlitTastic
10-25-2007, 07:25 PM
I cant get any of these tools to work for me. I enter the correct information in the db.ini and have installed the drivers. I still get the error message: Run-time error '339'; "Component 'a.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid"

gernblan
10-25-2007, 10:41 PM
RTM... you need to register that file, which is in his README instructions on hwo to do that.

FlitTastic
10-26-2007, 05:40 AM
I see no readme file in any of the folders nor anywhere for download on his page.

FlitTastic
10-26-2007, 06:13 AM
Ok, I scrolled down on his downloads page, did the regsvr32 thing, still get the error message.

GeorgeS
10-26-2007, 01:43 PM
In case you have not, install my MyODBC drivers then we'll go from there
That fixes 99% of all issues.

GeorgeS

FlitTastic
10-26-2007, 03:28 PM
I cant get any of these tools to work for me. I enter the correct information in the db.ini and have installed the drivers. I still get the error message: Run-time error '339'; "Component 'a.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid"

The drivers from your website is what I downloaded.

Here is my db.ini file, is there something wrong in it?

host=localhost
user=root
password=bloody
database=ax_classic
everquest_folder=c:\Everquest
quest_folder=c:\EQEmu\quests

//everquest_folder this is for music during runtime. Leaving this to a dummy folder or Not adding this will not load music
//for example - everquest_folder=null

GeorgeS
10-26-2007, 05:53 PM
If you get the registration error about a.ocx , then this means the grid control didn't register correctly. What OS are you running and what tool is this. Try to register is manually going to start/run/cmd, set the correct path to the resources folder then type in regsvr32 a.ocx

if it worked, you should get a message indicating so.
see this picture
http://66.159.225.58/eqemu/register.jpg

There are other ocx's to register as well, but first give this a go.

I also made this test connection program. If it works then the problem is/was with the a.ocx. Give this a go and report back
http://66.159.225.58/eqemu/test_connection.zip

GeorgeS

FlitTastic
10-26-2007, 09:58 PM
Ok, I tried that and am now getting the error message:

"The module "a.ocx" was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80004005. For more information about this problem, search online using the error code as a search term".

I tried running a search with the error code and got a bunch of stuff that I dont understand (Alot of this is an alien language to me. lol).

Im running Windows Vista, and I get the error messages on any of your programs that im trying to use. Also, your connection tester: MYSQL connection SUCCESS.

GeorgeS
10-27-2007, 04:33 AM
See there's your problem - Vista. It's built it features prevent automatic registration.

>> Start - Programs - Accessories - Right click command prompt and run as administrator then register from the command prompt.

This was pulled from a few websites and seems pretty common.
When you have this figured out, please document the fix and send it to me so I can post it on my site.

BTW Here are the other files you need to register
regsvr32 DXAnimatedGIF.ocx
regsvr32 a.ocx
regsvr32 msdxm.ocx
regsvr32 MSCOMCTL.OCX
regsvr32 MSINET.OCX

GeorgeS

FlitTastic
10-27-2007, 04:59 AM
Ok, now that makes me feel so stupid. That answer was so simple yet eluded me for quite a few days now. The only thing I did was run the register_ocx file in the resources file as administrator and now everything works. Took about a second to fix this problem once you figured it out. lol. Thank you very much : )

happygreenelf
11-05-2007, 05:48 PM
ok so i was also having the component 'DXanimatedGIF.ocx'or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid.
So i followed the above posts and still i cant get it to work still getting the same error now some of your tools work fine just cant get this running . I would appreciate any help you can offer .

GeorgeS
11-06-2007, 03:20 AM
Which tools work and which don't?
Is this using Vista or XP?

What error do you see when manually register the file using command.com, pointing to your folder then running regsvr32 DXAnimatedGIF.ocx

GeorgeS

happygreenelf
11-06-2007, 05:52 AM
it says it is succesfull but it still givesd me the message when i try run the item editor

Myrakkel
11-06-2007, 09:37 PM
ok so i was also having the component 'DXanimatedGIF.ocx'or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid.
So i followed the above posts and still i cant get it to work still getting the same error now some of your tools work fine just cant get this running . I would appreciate any help you can offer .

I have the same issue with the Item Editor. I believe it to be a Vista issue. Not sure what exactly causes it but everytime I register it gives a successful mesage.

GeorgeS
11-07-2007, 03:32 AM
I presume you are all running Vista?

I removed the ocx reference from code so it no longer uses it. Download this newer version without the ocx and see if it helps.

GeorgeS

Grundy
11-08-2007, 05:20 PM
i instealled the myodbc driver and now it works when i try to open the editor, i get the loading screen with the little rat with the sword and i click Let's Start

and then i get this

Run-time error '339':

Component 'a.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid

GeorgeS
11-08-2007, 06:51 PM
You must use the register bat file in resources folder.
GeorgeS

i instealled the myodbc driver and now it works when i try to open the editor, i get the loading screen with the little rat with the sword and i click Let's Start

and then i get this

Run-time error '339':

Component 'a.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid

Grundy
11-08-2007, 07:23 PM
yea i got it working. i'm messing around with the quest editor now and i found a pretty horrendous bug not sure if i should post it here or somewhere else?

GeorgeS
11-09-2007, 03:04 AM
PM me with bug reports

...and all details of course

GeorgeS

beeger20
12-31-2007, 10:00 AM
ok im getting this error and yes i tryed to register but it disapears everytime i click it

Component 'MSCOMCTL.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid

please help

sdabbs65
01-01-2008, 03:56 PM
ok im getting this error and yes i tryed to register but it disapears everytime i click it

please help

To correct the error, first search your drive for MSCOMCTL.OCX to see if you have it. If not you can download it from HERE
http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/mscomctl.zip

The file should be placed in your C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM directory. Or, if you are C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32 if you are using WinXP.

Once it is there click START--> RUN and type "REGSVR32 MSCOMCTL.OCX" (No quotes) in the box.

That should fix the problem.

ChaosSlayer
01-07-2008, 02:51 PM
GeogreS,
is it posible to make it so that item window will also show things like:
bane dmg
elemental dmg
all slots item is legit for (not just first by priority)
size type and number of slots for bags

thanks =)

ChaosSlayer
01-07-2008, 02:57 PM
oh please also show item price and icon file used somewher near by =)
would be very usefull

GeorgeS
01-13-2008, 07:50 AM
I'll add these next week.

GeorgeS

ChaosSlayer
01-13-2008, 10:15 AM
thank you George!
oh also, please consider adding "price" and "lore" to the quick editing choices list =)
thank again! =)

GeorgeS
01-13-2008, 07:11 PM
- 13.3.0 - Added Price, Bane and Elem.Dmg in display and added Price in quick edit. You can now also search by price under advanced search

Icon# and Lore is now shown when you hover the mouse over the icon

Download is ready...

GeorgeS

ChaosSlayer
01-14-2008, 11:15 AM
great work Geogre!
Thanks you much =)

ChaosSlayer
01-14-2008, 11:43 AM
oh George, I am sorry to tell you that, but I when i said "lore" i ment thing like whenver item is LORE or not =)

if you could add the that LORE to the fast editing list, and display it along the lines of "no drop" "magic" etc - that would be great =)

I am sorry for not making myself clear which "lore" I was talking about =)

Everything is great othewise , thanks again =)

trevius
01-16-2008, 10:54 AM
I recently created a new server (last week) which I have been thinking of doin for a while. It is still in early development, but I have been learning quickly.

First, I want to say a HUGE thanks to GeorgeS for your tools! They have been a major help in getting up to speed and allowing me to jump right into customizing my server. All of your tools were simple to setup and just as easy to use. You're the MAN!

Next, I wanted to mention a couple of minor issues/requests if you get time to look at them.

1. - When using your item editor, and trying to copy an item from the misc category, it crashes the program. I have only tried a few of the items. In particular, I tried editing "tattered note". There are a few versions with that same name out there and if I try to copy it, it crashes every time. If I copy an item from another category, like armor, it seems to work just fine every time. Not a huge deal, but wanted to let you know.

2. - In the item editor, I would like to know if it would be possible to add a search field that lets you type in a word or ID to search on instead of just selecting the type, slot and class. It would help a lot when searching for a particular item you want to copy or edit, and also help if you want to edit an armor set that contains the same word in each armor piece. So, you could look up the whole set with 1 query and not get everything else. Again, this is not major, but I think it would be useful. If there is already some way to do this that I am just missing, then I apologize.

3. - A minor request for the item editor is when you select an item and click on "edit", and the edit window pops up. At the bottom of that window where all of the fields are, there are a ton of columns, and you can move those columns around to organize them. I tried moving them around so that the important fields to me are all near the beginning. I also categorized stuff like stats and clickie info and other stuff. But, when I close that window and open it up again, all of the columns moved back to default. My request is to have a way to save the format of those columns. Again, this is no big deal, but when editing multiple items, I think it would be helpful not to have to scroll through that long list to find the one or 2 fields mixed in there that aren't in the top table thing (such as item lore, icon, etc). Speaking of icons, it might be nice if icon was added to that top table so there would be an easy way to find icons.

4. - On the quest editor, there are template quests at the bottom that you can use, or reference, and edit and save them. There are almost 2 pages of blank template quests there as well. I have found that I can save new quest templates in the blank slots, but I cannot figure out a way to name them, so I can tell what is what. Also, I find that sometimes I am overwriting the wrong template when I am saving updates to it while working on quests. Especially if I am working on more than 1 at a time. Would it be possible to put in a locking feature on the templates so one could lock them and not allow it to be overwritten unless unlocked? I think it would be nice if your templates were all locked by default. I know I overwrote the buff bot template by mistake when I first started using the program. I thought about reinstalling the app to get the default templates back, but I didn't want to lose the ones I had already customized :P

Like I said, these aren't a big deal at all. Your tools are already amazing "as is". But if you get bored and feel like working on something, there are a few ideas for ya :P

BTW, your spawn and loot table editor is awesome! It seems like it is in a whole different class from your other editors.

Thanks in advance!
Trevs
Trevs Test Server

trevius
01-18-2008, 12:44 AM
Another thing I just noticed is in your item editor, when you are editing an item, there is no slot setting for ammo.

GeorgeS
01-19-2008, 01:31 PM
Thanks for the feedback.

I'll start to fix and add those features you requested. Should'nt be too hard...

GeorgeS

ChaosSlayer
01-19-2008, 01:53 PM
Oh Geogre I just remembered something very important - would you mind adding Deity editing to the item editor? And dislaying under where you display allowed classes and races.

It would be nice to easily make lots of deity specific items

here are the deity codes in case you need them

AGNOSTIC 1
BERTOX 2
BRELL 4
CAZIC 8
EROLLSI 16
BRISTLE 32
INNY 64
KARANA 128
MITH 256
PREXUS 512
QUELLIOUS 1024
RALLOS 2048
RODCET 4096
SOLUSEK 8192
TRIBUNAL 16384
TUNARE 32768
VEESHAN 65536

ChaosSlayer
01-21-2008, 02:45 PM
me again =)
sorry to keep loading you with work George, but I thought of few other things.

On the info screen where you show Bane and Elemental dmg- could you also pelae show Bane vs what races/body and Elem dmg of which type (magic, fire etc)

GeorgeS
01-25-2008, 02:38 PM
Update - Item Editor/Character Inventory Editor
ver 13.4.0
- Added ability to Search by custom 'source' field tags
- Added diety to custom search and edit item sections
- Added "<>" in advanced search criteria
- Editing items has been improved. You can now flag items you make with custom tags
(these are used in 'source' field). This is good when you create custom items, and
want to find them later. Under advanced search, select 'source field tag' with your tag
in the input box. Creating multiple items is achieved by first clicking on
'clear main search list' to remove any query results and then click on copy several
times. Your custom tag is applied each time. Fixed a few other minor issues.

Unless a major problem exists, no updates for several weeks due to time constraints. I spent 8 hours on this today.

GeorgeS

ChaosSlayer
01-25-2008, 04:06 PM
great work as always George =)

few minor coments:
the Deities part should work in a manner simular to how you did Classes - you shoudl be adding the deity number rather than seting to it. So if item allreday has deiti 2, clicking "add 1" will turn it into "3" (which is 1 and 2 allowed).
Also it will need a plain 0 - aka "all allowed"

also would help if deities would then be displayed under where Classes/races are displayed on the item representation on the top of the screen

on create multyple items- not sure I got this part. I thought that you will add something like: when clicking COPY a window will appear and ask - "how many copies?" - you type in 76 - and editor makes 76 copies of given item.

other things from before:
-I noticed you removed the "Wrong" Lore thing from selection list. However we could still use the "right lore"- aka the "loregroup". As well displaying loregroup flag next to "magic and no drop" tags on the item info on the top.

and final thing- the notification of which body/elemetal dmg item has in addition to ammount on the item display on the top.

everything works otherwise =)

Thank you for your dedication to this project!

PS - oh Custom Tag idea is BRILLIANT!!! - I can now find all my items with a single click!!

GeorgeS
01-25-2008, 06:28 PM
Ok got some of this added.

Dieties should be ok now. Added them to the top of the list and selections work in a similar way classes do (17 bit binary)

Multiple copies work. Just select the number of replicates you want. Make sure you have a tag defined first. It's a bit slow, but works.
I'll work on a fast delete in a future revision

loregroup added to selection in editing items

The loregroup flag next to "magic and no drop" tags on the item info on the top. - this part I'm unsure. You will need to pm me with examples because I do not know this well enough.

notification of which body/elemetal dmg item has in addition to amount on the item display on the top
Also, unsure here. You'll have to give the actual field name and what they mean. I know very little about this part of eq.

GeorgeS

ChaosSlayer
01-25-2008, 08:27 PM
ok the deities seem to be in full order now =)

on loregroup , you allreday got the field right, what needs to display is liek on this exmaple here - this is a pic of a random item from life

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/equipment/graphics19/mucusdrensleeves.jpeg

as you see on very top it says MAGIC ITEM, followed by LORE ITEM (which means you may only own 1 such item at any given time)

the "lore" of the item can have the following setting to my knowlegde in the "loregroup" field:

-1 this value means item is NOT a lore item and in this case normaly nothing is displayed (or you can display : LORE: NO)

0 this value means this IS a LORE item (LORE: YES)

1 this is value means that item is an EPIC (i belive this put in after Epics 1.5/2.0 to prevent people from not just having 2 identical epics, but from having any extra epics beyond the one they currently have, so once you trasformed Epic 1 into Epic 1.5 - you cannot go and get the Epic 1 again and this way have 2 diffirent Epics)

The elemental part. WHat you currently got displayed on the item info display are the damages which come from:
"elemdmgamt" which correspands with another field "elemdmgtype"

the "elemdmgtype" can have following values:

0 - no extra dmg effect, valeu of "elemdmgamt" is ignored by the game
1 - Magical - the value of "elemdmgamt" field is extra Magical dmg delt
2 - Fire -
3 - Cold -
4 - Poison -
5 - Disease -

so basicly where in item display you show: Elem Dmg: X, I would like to mention which of the "elemdmgtype" its type of

The BANE damage. This one a bit trickier.
There are 2 DIFFIRENT banes types and 2 diffirent bane ammount values fields (4 fields total)

the one you currently have implemented is "banedmgamt" which correspands with "banedmbody" fields, and uses values from npc body types list - like Animal, Undead, Dragon etc.
All what is left to be added here is mention of which body is it next to the dmg you displaying on the item info display

The 2nd Bane.

The 2nd Bane is a RACIAL bane. It comes from 2 fields:

"banedmgraceamt" - a value of how much dmg is been delt
"banedmgrace" - a specific race this value affects (such as Human, Aviak, Wood Elf, Gnoll etc)

hope this clears thigns up =)

GeorgeS
01-29-2008, 07:00 PM
Thnx for the detailed info - this really helped. I added the requested stuff to the recent build

- 13.4.3 - Added Bane dmg vs bodytype and race and elemental dmg vs. too

GeorgeS

ChaosSlayer
01-29-2008, 08:24 PM
A flawless work George =)
eveything works perfectly =)
Thanks again =)

moydock
02-01-2008, 05:03 PM
Did you ever figure out how the large 10 digit color # works George? I've been messing around with it trying to make custom colors and I'm not understanding how the number is created.

ChaosSlayer
02-01-2008, 05:22 PM
oh yeas! the COLORS!

I realy would like someone taking a shot at making color editor - or atleast color convertor. I am so tired of looking at dozens and dozens of eq original armors just to find the color I need.

GeorgeS
02-03-2008, 10:07 AM
Ok, had a bit of time today.

You can now edit COLOR of any item. Click on the little black (or color) box NEXT TO the item icon. Select an item first, then you have access to the color editing tool.

When the tool window shows, the current item color is transfered to the editor and you can edit transparency and/or the color. The tool uses a file called "color_space1.jpg" which has some color space defined. You can also simply make any colors you want or often use and overwrite this picture. (don't change size) - The tool just references what's on the .jpg

Try it out and report back

GeorgeS

iggi
02-04-2008, 05:46 PM
I have one bug to report,when I try to create multiple copies or a single copy it gives me
"Run-time error '-2147217871 (80040e31)' : field 'UNK132' doesn't have a default value"

moydock
02-04-2008, 10:41 PM
Sweet George, thanks for the update on color. However! :) There's something not working right about it. I change a color on a robe, hit the button to update it to the DB, reboot the server, and the color doesn't change. Instead, when I put the robe on, the color I chose shows up for a split second, and then it turns back to the original color. How this is happening i'm pretty perplexed... The color it changes to isn't even the base texture of the robe, it's the previous color the robe was. Which made me think the server is somehow not refreshing it's memory. So i rebooted both my client computer and the server completely. Still the same result. I'm clueless here, can you make any sense of it?

GeorgeS
02-05-2008, 03:14 AM
There must be an empty or NULL in field UNK132 in your DB. Check that first. All UNKxxx fields must not be NULL. Also, I do not have a field called UNK132, but that shouldn't matter.

GeorgeS

I have one bug to report,when I try to create multiple copies or a single copy it gives me field 'UNK132' doesn't have a default value"

iggi
02-05-2008, 08:56 AM
Yeah, sorry GeorgeS, it wasn't a program issue. Apparently that just appeared in my database somehow, here is how I fixed it:

http://eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?p=142849&posted=1#post142849

iggi
02-05-2008, 09:02 AM
GeorgeS, is there any reason why there is a 10 second pause every time I change anything on an item? I did a ping to the server and it is <1ms. This doesn't matter weather I hit SET or REM.

moydock
02-05-2008, 11:52 AM
Anyone having luck with changing colors?

GeorgeS
02-05-2008, 03:43 PM
Ok, fixed the Red and Blue HEX issues - Hex values were swapped for some reason. Bizarre, but I tried making a green, red or blue Robe and it worked in game. Colors of Robes represented the colors I changed it to. Sorry for the confusion. Give the newest release a go.

As to why your queries take a long time to execute - I will see if there's anything in the code to be optimised, but on my laptop, changes are realtime....

GeorgeS

moydock
02-05-2008, 04:21 PM
Okay cool, thanks George.

iggi
02-06-2008, 08:33 AM
I ran the item editor on my server and it runs fine, it must be a database thing. An idea may be when you edit an item, it constructs/edits a SQL query and then processes it when you ether hit a button or close the window. As for any bugs so far, nothing big, it wont let me change the id or name by manually editing it in the displayed row (it doesn't commit changes) instead I have to use Navicat to edit those. could be an isolated issue (to only me).

trevius
02-06-2008, 02:41 PM
Iggi, when you make any changes at the bottom field section when you are editing an item, try hitting tab after you are done entering the name or ID, or any field down there really. Tab or just clicking the blank area below the fields should work. However, if you enter any data and then immediately scroll the window left or right, it will revert the entry back to what it was before. You just need to make sure the box you changed isn't currently being edited before you scroll and it should be fine.

iggi
02-07-2008, 05:27 AM
I hit enter after every one, the cursor goes away and everything, it shows the correct ID as I edit the name then I edit the name and they both are correct. I go to edit something else (not by using the manual edit, but by the GUI) and it refreshes and reverts back to the original name and ID.

ChaosSlayer
02-07-2008, 06:38 AM
I hit enter after every one, the cursor goes away and everything, it shows the correct ID as I edit the name then I edit the name and they both are correct. I go to edit something else (not by using the manual edit, but by the GUI) and it refreshes and reverts back to the original name and ID.

are you editing NAME in EDIT window or directly in list that shows items found in search?

moydock
02-07-2008, 03:03 PM
Thanks George, problem seems to be fixed! A couple more things though - Transparency doesn't seem to be functioning and would it be possible to add the ability to put your own hex colors in? For instance if I wanted grey instead of black I could put in #333333. Thanks, no rush, loving what you've done already :).

GeorgeS
02-07-2008, 03:36 PM
- 13.4.6 - You can now change item name on main form and delete items directly without going into the edit panel.

So as you can see, the newest ver. allows editing of item names directly, and ability to delete directly as well. Item id cannot be changed, and fixed it so it no longer allows focus on the cell.

GeorgeS

GeorgeS
02-07-2008, 04:21 PM
Before I forget, you can also change the color by inputting your RRGGBB HEX values in. I.e for example FFFFFF = white, FF0000=red, etc..

This was added due to moydock's request. There is a textbox added where you can type this in - click on SET and then write to DB.

Also, I cannot vouch for transparency because this is either a emu bug of Fathernitwits description of this is wrong.

It was described to me as FF FF FF FF, so blue = 0xFF0000FF
let's see what others say

GeorgeS

GeorgeS
02-09-2008, 08:23 AM
Newest version is a big update.

I decided to include TABLE editing of items as an option now. Click on button "Grid Item Edit" to show the form and then you must execute the query. You can copy and delete items. You can also run any simple one line query as well (use only SELECT FROM type queries). The sql that's shown in the text box approximates what you selected.

- 13.5.0 - You can now edit items in a Table/Grid - Click on button "Grid Item Edit" and execute query. All edits are LIVE!. Fixed misc issues related to the new editing.

GeorgeS

ChaosSlayer
02-09-2008, 04:08 PM
George - it seems as of late i lost the ability to drag items from top display window into inventory of a player.
I can drag item over a slot which allreday has an item to replace it, but not into an empty slot.

Also soemthing weird still going with colors. Soem sort of inconsistency.
For exmaple i have an item with some color X, and some color of color Y.
I am goign directly into item fields, into color field copying off the number, and then inserting this number into item Y color field. Hit enter, reload- the window on display STILL shows old item color....

I am still playign around with it, but for the future I think you shoudl also add the field editing for original eq number as well so I can directly copy/paste colors betwen items wihout using the color selection.

Another general thing- the item ICON # which is shown when you move cursor over item display, could you also have value of "IDfile" field to be displayed next to it- that woudl very helpfull (refernce to how thsi item looks in game)

few notes of future posible things - more with editign char itself:
ability to fully edit charactor itself: race, class, stats and deyty

GeorgeS
02-10-2008, 03:11 PM
Ok fixed those issues. Minor bug fixes. I will consider editing the character in a future release as it requires blob field editing, and it's not often you can change class.

Editing items in table view requires you to move between fields for it to stick. In quick edit (single line per item view) just hitting enter suffices.

GeorgeS

ChaosSlayer
02-10-2008, 04:08 PM
All is working perfect now =)
Thank You =)
Would you consider adding an aditional window to coloring simular to the one liek in game? Where it would have 3 scrollbars which can be scrolled in decimal mode 0 to 255 for RBG? Like the one in game. It seems that "cube" is missing some of the more darker colors

thanks again =)

sesmar
02-11-2008, 12:02 PM
I was just trying to download the source for your tools and I am getting a File not found error. I just wanted to let you know.

Aramid
02-11-2008, 02:21 PM
George,

First, let me say Thank You for all the work you have done with your Emu Tools. They are Fantastic....

One thing I have found. In the item Editor, if you place an item on your toon that has a clicky effect, it says it's out of charges. For Instance. I drag & dropped a set of Fabled Journeyman's Boots on my toon and when I right click on it, it says it is out of charges. The item is clickable at level 1 so it's has nothing to do with the toons level.
Now, if I spawn an NPC and have them drop the same item as the loot, the clicky works just fine. I've done this on 2 different toons with the same result. See if you can duplicate this on your server.
This is on your latest version as of today.

Thanks again.

GeorgeS
02-11-2008, 05:09 PM
- 13.5.2 - Enhanced color editing by adding interactive sliders. All color changes must be applied to be saved as normal.

Fixed it so my server will allow source.zip to download now - thnkx for the trouble report!

Now with item charges - this has be baffled. When one spawns the boots in game, where in the items table do you get the max charges from? The boots show maxcharges to be -1 in the field - what's that decode to? - is that something like 255 charges?

I realise that value then gets put into the toons inventory table. No problem there. Once I know about the max charges, then I will code that it tuesday...

GeorgeS

George,

First, let me say Thank You for all the work you have done with your Emu Tools. They are Fantastic....

One thing I have found. In the item Editor, if you place an item on your toon that has a clicky effect, it says it's out of charges. For Instance. I drag & dropped a set of Fabled Journeyman's Boots on my toon and when I right click on it, it says it is out of charges. The item is clickable at level 1 so it's has nothing to do with the toons level.
Now, if I spawn an NPC and have them drop the same item as the loot, the clicky works just fine. I've done this on 2 different toons with the same result. See if you can duplicate this on your server.
This is on your latest version as of today.

Thanks again.

ChaosSlayer
02-11-2008, 05:16 PM
George,
-1 means UNLIMITED charges
0 - well zero =) items usualy don't start with 0 zero, but may eventualy reach this

any other number above 0 are the actual number of charges. usualy potiosn have 1,5, or 10 charges, and soem old world items had some X number of charges on them

trevius
02-11-2008, 10:03 PM
Added note:

If you set a clickie item to 0 charges and click it, the item will vanish.

Bug?:
For some reason with the latest download as of right now, even after I register the OCX like normally, if I click on the grid editor, it says that MSDATGRD.OCX isn't registered. Also, I am now able to edit the all/all (previously misc) items and copy them, which used to crash the program for me. But, now when I am trying to change the name of the item and click another field or hit enter for it to stick, the program crashes. I will keep messing with it to see if I can get it running properly.

Thanks again for all of your work GeorgeS! I don't know where we would be without you!

ChaosSlayer
02-12-2008, 05:37 AM
Added note:

If you set a clickie item to 0 charges and click it, the item will vanish.

this one is a bug in emulator itself. The emulator at this time cannot tell diffirence between a consumeable potions which supose to "poof" when it reaches 0 charges and a normal item with 0 charges

GeorgeS
02-12-2008, 03:23 PM
Thanks for the maxcharges info. Now when you aquire the item, the charges are saved in inventory in field charges (I presume). So that seems simple. But if an item has infinite charges, what value goes in that field. It is an unsigned int, so no negatives are allowed. I'm a bit puzzled here.

I'm trying to make it so charges are editable in the editor.

GeorgeS

ChaosSlayer
02-12-2008, 04:12 PM
acording to DB maxcharges declared as:

maxcharges int(11) NOT NULL default '0'

and yeah -1 should be a legal value since otherwise item won't have unlimited charges

ChaosSlayer
02-12-2008, 04:20 PM
in inventory table :
`charges` tinyint(3) unsigned default '0'

I just looked at my char who has soem clicky items and items with unlimited charges listed as havign 255 charges which is prabobly substitute for unlimited

GeorgeS
02-12-2008, 04:32 PM
in inventory table :
`charges` tinyint(3) unsigned default '0'

I just looked at my char who has some clicky items and items with unlimited charges listed as havign 255 charges which is prabobly substitute for unlimited

Correct -I put in 255 and the item then gets unlimited charges - just checked on my server. Added a potion of 10 charges and it worked in game as well. Newest version has the updated code for charges. If you have trouble with the OCX, register it via my register_ocx.bat.

GeorgeS

Telltolin
02-13-2008, 09:12 AM
I love this tool, but I hate the interface. I would love it even more if it ran in a normal window.

moydock
02-13-2008, 09:47 AM
I like the interface, easy on the eyes.

ChaosSlayer
02-13-2008, 12:11 PM
George - a minor note on your Grid editor.
It is missing 1 important collumn: the 'type2' collumn which comes from 'grid' tables, and along with 'type' defines pathing behavior.
Which is described in your own guide how to create mob pathing =)

Also, could you please rename the collumns into 'wonder type' (for type) and Pause Type (for type2) so they don't get confused =)

Thanks =)

GeorgeS
02-16-2008, 06:53 AM
-as per request, changed the editor to include type2 and renamed the columns as well.

GeorgeS

ChaosSlayer
02-19-2008, 11:09 AM
thank you much George =)

ChaosSlayer
02-21-2008, 04:31 PM
George, there seem to be a problem with chaging name of the item with the last version- the program will crash with an error "incorect variable type"

GeorgeS
02-22-2008, 03:33 AM
Give the recent one I just compiled a go.- 13.5.5
I didi not get the error in this version...

- if for whatever reason you still have errors, describe it in detail so I can track it fast.
GeorgeS

ChaosSlayer
02-22-2008, 03:57 PM
all seem in order now- no more crashes with this version
thanks George =)

trevius
03-03-2008, 11:53 PM
This is only a minor issue, but when you set no rent to NO it sets the norent field to 255 as it should, but when you set it to YES it set the norent field to 1. Setting it to 1 does not set the item to no rent. It has to set the norent field to 0 for no rent to be enabled.

GeorgeS
03-04-2008, 03:16 AM
Thanks, fixed it in the newest version

GeorgeS

teraphina
03-04-2008, 10:00 AM
hehe i am using a laptop, and the screen doesnt fully load on my computer, anyway you can make it smaller?

mattmeck
03-04-2008, 10:32 AM
Tried giving this a run, can connect just fine but i crash out on at least 3/4 of the items with the following.

Search all / all to get everything to load (crash happens even when i search for 1 item)

http://www.scorpious2k.net/pic%201.jpg

i click on an item and get the following

http://www.scorpious2k.net/pic%202.jpg

Click ok and this happens

http://www.scorpious2k.net/pic%203.jpg

and it crashes out.

Tried messing around a bit and just cant figure out why.

Aramid
03-07-2008, 06:11 AM
Tried giving this a run, can connect just fine but i crash out on at least 3/4 of the items with the following.

Search all / all to get everything to load (crash happens even when i search for 1 item)

http://www.scorpious2k.net/pic%201.jpg

i click on an item and get the following

http://www.scorpious2k.net/pic%202.jpg

Are you using a Non-Standard Database with possibly your own spells and items in it? I tried adding a Right Click spell to an item that was not recognized and I got the same error about the list/item. Once I removed the right click spell from the item, the error was gone.

mattmeck
03-07-2008, 07:52 AM
There is custom items but no custom spells.

ChaosSlayer
03-07-2008, 07:55 AM
There is custom items but no custom spells.

have you registred the ocx?

mattmeck
03-07-2008, 08:48 AM
have you registred the ocx?

absolutely, like i said it connects just fine, and dont crash on every item, just most. I can edit random items and create new ones just fine, but most items crash it.

GeorgeS
03-08-2008, 05:51 AM
mattmek, in order to track this problem better, I would suggest you identify one item which the program crashes on, then send/pm me a link to this item and your table's schema. At least let me know which item it crashes on and which work fine. That should lead me in the right direction...

There was a problem with some higher end items that had missing icons - causing errors, but I fixed that problem today.

GeorgeS

mattmeck
03-08-2008, 09:35 AM
I spent a few hours today tracking this down and i found the issue.

Updated field is causing it, if the date and time are all 0's it crashes the editor.

teraphina
03-09-2008, 12:08 PM
ok still no responce as to if there is a way to resize the editor for those less fortunate to have a large monitor

ChaosSlayer
03-09-2008, 12:58 PM
its a natural bug
even if your screen resolution is MORE than editor window requres- you will STILL not see the full editor window - it will be cut off

GeorgeS
03-09-2008, 02:42 PM
Sorry, the size is set. No changes will ever be made to this for those few who cannot run in <1280x1024 res.

GeorgeS

Amra
03-09-2008, 04:22 PM
Nice tool, George!

I've been away for awhile. Glad to see you are still pumping out awesome tools.

teraphina
03-19-2008, 05:35 AM
can you atleast make it posible to run in a window, even if i have to scroll over and up and down, just so i can use the editor

trevius
03-19-2008, 08:11 AM
Sorry, the size is set. No changes will ever be made to this for those few who cannot run in <1280x1024 res.

GeorgeS

He has already stated this in a few places. I am sure if it was something easy for him to do he would have done it by now. I am guessing it would cause a major re-write for him to get it to work in a smaller window or with scroll bars.

GeorgeS
03-19-2008, 02:43 PM
...again the answer is no.

GeorgeS

Kagehi
03-22-2008, 03:19 PM
Hmm. I have written in VB before, so, from my understanding one would use the existing code, but make the window an MDI style, then place it into the main host window. Without the code itself I can't try to work out how to do it myself, but as it stands.. having to change resolution to something that will likely crash the EQ client, so I can edit items, is just not viable (not to mention being annoying).

Is the problem that you are not sure how to manage it, or you don't want to? The design looks really nice, it seems stable, from what I can tell, but as things stand... :(

Still, nice to know its a "feature", not some insane bug. lol

moydock
03-23-2008, 11:57 AM
Minor bug:
Loregroup is backwards. -1 should = Lore item, and 0 should = not lore.

moydock
03-23-2008, 12:08 PM
Another one:
Only allows you to choose either Left Ear or Right for slot. Which makes the earring only equippable in one ear slot.

ChaosSlayer
03-23-2008, 12:22 PM
Minor bug:
Loregroup is backwards. -1 should = Lore item, and 0 should = not lore.

yeah in description on the top =)

I don't seem to have nay problem with ear slots. if you click them both- you get them both (in game)
in editor it only shows ONE slot regardless of how many it actualy set to

Aramid
03-23-2008, 02:31 PM
Another one:
Only allows you to choose either Left Ear or Right for slot. Which makes the earring only equippable in one ear slot.

But then you can click the Swap Ear button and then re-equip the empty one.

GeorgeS
03-23-2008, 02:45 PM
Sorry about the loregroup. Fixed - should now display correctly
For the ears, have to click on swap ear.

GeorgeS

trevius
03-23-2008, 04:07 PM
For Earrings and Rings, I always just add both left and right slots. It will only show the first slot added, so you can add any others you want, but you won't see them in the item editor. If you add both ear or finger slots to the item, it works in both just fine.

Valcrist
03-24-2008, 09:23 AM
If anyone is able to answer this. I am able to load up GeorgeS item editor on a different computer. but on this one i open it and it says [ Run-Time Error '419' Permission to use object denied. ] if anyone has had the same problem and found a resolution or if anyone knows a way to fix it.

Sabyre
03-24-2008, 11:41 AM
You may need to create an alternate user for your database. root access is sometimes configured for use as only localhost.

Valcrist
03-24-2008, 12:00 PM
I have used it on another computer , same settings
host=localhost
user=root
but on this computer it gives me that error... i figured it'd have to do with the computer not the connection to the server, only about 2 programs of his give me that error, the rest of them work fine

Sabyre
04-15-2008, 08:22 PM
If you are using computer "B" to access the DB on computer "A" then you will need to change your settings to:

host=[ip address of computer A]
user=root

All I was saying before was that I setup an alternate user instead of using root.

RCPD0715
04-18-2008, 11:25 PM
not sure if this is possible, but is there a way to put in the option to pull up a merchants inventory in the item editor, so that we can maniulate their inventory prices and stats without having to look up each item..if this is possible, it would be a good addition i think...thanks

GeorgeS
04-22-2008, 07:08 AM
Not sure I understand - you mean editing 'price'? along with merchants inventory in a table like editing format?
Only price can be edited because it's a heck of a programing effort to make it so merchants are loaded.

I'm working on adding more features to all the tools, so everyone will benefit with greater results.

Some features are prioritized, others have to wait.

GeorgeS

RCPD0715
04-22-2008, 02:50 PM
I meant the same way you can load characters and see their inventory and you can manipulate the items on the actual character...if there was a way to load merchants to do the same thing..but I do see that you said that would be very involved to do...just was a thought, I didnt know the difficulty in such a task..sorry

trevius
04-22-2008, 05:52 PM
He has a tool for merchants already. They list all items that the merchants have for sale. Though, I do think it would be nice if there was a way to actually look at the item stats directly in that tool. Or if you could even just adjust the price from there, that would be pretty cool as well. I don't sell much special stuff on my server, but I know that some custom servers have tons of loot that is purchasable. I am sure they would like to have access to change price directly in the merchant tool if it was possible.

To me, the stuff with merchants is pretty well ironed out already. I don't use them much anyway, but I am sure some servers do.

RCPD0715
04-22-2008, 11:32 PM
yes, i use the merchant tool all the time to add stuff to my custom merchants and it is an awesome tool...I never even thought about adding price and stat manipulation to that tool...that would be awesome too. Dont get me wrong George, I would be lost without your tools, I was just trying to make a little suggestion. Thanks!

trevius
05-11-2008, 04:51 PM
Hope you made it home from Japan OK, GeorgeS! I know that is a pretty long flight :x

I think the eqitems editor tool could use 1 more feature if you get the chance. I have a few thousand characters in my database, and your character inventory viewer doesn't have any real search features when using the "load character" button. I figured it would be nice to have a search feature or at least a way to sort by character name. Actually, if it just opened up the character list window and was presorted by name alphabetically, that would work great. I don't know what it is currently sorted by other than maybe create data, but it is a real pain to find a character in it when you have a few thousand lol.

This is nothing major, but if it isn't too hard to fix, it would be appreciated. I am just excited to see the changes you have been working on while out of the country! I have been holding off on revamping my end game zones with the new NPC attack and accuracy stats until your tool comes out. Since, it makes things so much easier :D No rush though, I am sure you are ready to be home and relax a bit lol!

GeorgeS
05-11-2008, 09:08 PM
Hello , Thanks I'm back, and jet lagged like hell.:)

I'll start to upload the many tool updates later in the week.

I'll add the feature to the character loader so it will be alphabetized and handle large # of character in the db

Later
GeorgeS

Jest
05-15-2008, 05:14 AM
I am getting random ocx missing files and such errors. It works, but a lot of the buttons and other tools don't seem to work for me. I know it's something I am doing with and not the tools fault .

I installed the OCDX tools or something a long time ago and it fixed a lot.
I was wondering if anyone had a solution to such a vague problem.

trevius
05-15-2008, 05:25 AM
Make sure you installed these exact drivers here:

http://66.159.225.58/eqemu/ODBC_DRIVERS.ZIP

And also make sure you run the "register_ocx.bat" file in the resource directory of each tool you want to use before you start using them the first time.

xxarthurxx
05-21-2008, 04:05 PM
All my tools work fine except for my quest editor... it starts up fine connects to the server fine but when i go and edit in a new quest and try to save it it crashed and i get a Run-time error '76': path not found everything ive tried to fix it isnt working i dunno :/

xxarthurxx
05-21-2008, 04:37 PM
For anyone with this problem trev helped me with the resolution. basically it wont work if there isnt a zone folder with the name of the zones short name located in the quest folder... so if you have this problem create a new folder in the quest folder and it should resolve this issue :D

trevius
05-28-2008, 09:13 AM
Hello , Thanks I'm back, and jet lagged like hell.:)

I'll start to upload the many tool updates later in the week.

I'll add the feature to the character loader so it will be alphabetized and handle large # of character in the db

Later
GeorgeS

Any chance you were able to look into getting that alphabetized, or is it already in there and I just don't know how to make it do it? Seems like mine are all still in some funky impossible to search order. I wouldn't even mind just a search box or something.

Thanks again man. The recent changes are amazing. These things keep exceeding my expectations with every release!

eski2
05-28-2008, 10:19 AM
I get crashes with the items editor if i try copying: "fieldunk123 doesn't have a value"; apologies if this is a known issue. I have a screenshot but i don't know if i can upload it here?

With the item editor, it can be hard to search for augments. I think it's a shame they aren't added to the drop lists for most mobs, or even just the boss mobs.

Is it possible with the Bot creator to have it allocate AAs such as extending buff bonuses, or is that too hard?

GeorgeS
05-28-2008, 10:25 AM
The latest binary up is. Sorry for the late upload, but I thought it was already uploaded a week ago. Character loading is alphabetised now and 'should' handle many characters.

I'll look into the field unk123 issue. Anytime there's a null where there should'nt be will crash the program. I'll see if I can fix this.

Also, which item has this issue?

GeorgeS

eski2
05-28-2008, 12:10 PM
Seems to be any item. I load my character, select item, edit, then hit "copy" which i presume creates a new item id to safely change stats without altering the original?

xxarthurxx
05-28-2008, 12:16 PM
another REALLY nice feature would be a search function, not sure how hard that would be to add but man would it be nice in the item editor :D

moydock
05-28-2008, 01:55 PM
Yeah I agree, more precise searching anyway, the search now definitely works. Some nice options for me would be:
2HS
1HS
Piercing
1HB
2HB
Leather
Chain
Plate

Oh you probably mean a text search, yeah that would be cool too :).

GeorgeS
05-28-2008, 10:32 PM
Ok, just added a generic search by %name% function. It in the Grid Item Edit, then click on expand a a whole bunch of stuff will show. These are cool little functions I wrote that does batch changes and other stuff. Look for the text box with %netted% - then change it to what you want, hit GO, then the items will appear. Any changes in this grid editor are live.

Add list to Main button propogates this grid list to the main window for adding to you character or other simple editing - etc..

regarding the 1HS/2HS type searches, I'll look into those once I figure it out, I'll add it to the program.

GeorgeS

eski2
05-29-2008, 02:50 AM
I noticed a general problem with the tools where the screen is truncated, so that part of it is off the page, and there's no scroll bars to slide over. The close button, for example, is inaccessible. Is there some way i can paste a screenshot?

I'll also see that layers are out of sync, for example the calendar is displayed but the circle around the current date is shifted a row below.

I'm using a few settings for my system to compensate for poor vision so i don't know if that makes a difference.

I gotta say i love your tools. I can see how they could be improved but it's beyond me. For example, having the quest editor use a drop down list of available npcs, or a "create quest giver" option, with the preview you use for the texture/race combo".

Basically it would be cool to make things interconnect, to reduce the amount of potential stuff-ups by typing in an item id or npc id manually for the tools? I can see what i mean in my head but maybe a mock-up would make more sense. I used visual basic 4 back in the dawn of time, but i never did any database interaction. Perhaps what i'm thinking of would be too much work. I saw there was a link to your source code, is that current?

Maybe what i should do is try to see if visual basic 6 is available somewhere (i think my copy of vb4 used floppy disks and i don't even have the drive anymore!). I can only see Visual Studio stuff on the microsoft web page, I assume that's not compatible? I will ask my friends and see if i can borrow a cd with vb6.

I am certainly not a programmer but i can see the screens i want in my mind. Essentially i think the tools could use buttons and dropdown lists to avoid typing, because a huge amount of every quest is repeated with variations: give me item x and i give you y, say "blah" and i say "blah reply". I used to use a html tool (hotdog) which worked in the way i imagine this could work.

Does this sound interesting if somewhat hypothetical?

trevius
05-29-2008, 06:10 AM
Eski, you might want to check into Bulle's quest tool that he has been working on. I think he is trying to make some kinda cookie cutter quest maker. Where you input a few fields and it pops out the quest. Should work in most simple and standard quests, but would be pretty useless in the more complicated ones. But, since the majority of live quests are cookie cutter, this would certainly reduce the work load.

GeorgeS' quest editor doesn't need a dropdown for NPCs, because it has a dropdown of zones, which list every NPC in that zone. So, all you have to do is select the NPC you want from that list and start editing your quest. IMO, it is very useful.

Most of his other tools do have interaction with multiple systems. His latest release of the NPC and Loot Editor has so many features and links to his other programs that it is just amazing! I can't believe some of the new changes, they are really great!

I was mainly coming here to post and say that they new sort feature works great for the list of players when loading equipment. I have a little over 5500 chars on my server and it is pretty easy to sort them now that they are alphabetical lol. I can find one in a few seconds now compared to normally more than 10 mins just to find 1 character before heh.

eski2
05-29-2008, 09:54 AM
I tried using the custom npc making tool to make a merchant, but as far as i can tell, it creates the merchant but it's not easily added to the game. You have to load up the game and use the gm commands to add the spawn?

Is there any way to add the merchant without running eqemu and then the client, as that seems slow and clumsy? At least being able to spawn the new npc and then summon it into the correct location when you are happy might be nicer?

I can see the "Zone name" box in the merchant editor, but this isn't a drop down or combo, it will load a list of zones if clicked but clicking on one doesn't change the zone name. You have to choose "paste" rather than "select", and a drop down would communicate that better.

There's a merchant id created by the tool, but it doesn't create a new one as far as i can see?

I can go one, but i just want to emphasise that criticising these tools doesn't mean i don't like them, just that i can see grounds for improvement. I'd do it myself if i had better programming abilities and the source code.

I found a copy of vb6 from my partner's computing days and tried using it to open the projects from the source on the http://66.159.225.58/eqemu/eq.html site but it crashes with assorted errors. I don't know if the source code is old, the application i'm using is faulty or incompatible, or what.

GeorgeS
05-29-2008, 10:18 AM
The zone name is not a drop down for reasons such as you have hundreds of zones and the current way is better IMHO.

I assume you have never spawned NPC's - there's a tutorial on my site on how to do this. Just because you can create a merchant in the tool, it does not spawn in game. You must restart the zone or if your're editing items, restart the server. The NPC is just a reference in a spawngroup and can be referenced by many spawngroups.

Regarding the tools, they were designed with my 'eye' in mine and since they are now derivatives of many years of work and much input from people, they will not be redesigned at this point. There are classes of tools that interact with each other, so a change here will break a tool over there.

You also need to run at "least" a 1024x768 as a minimum. The screen size issue has been discussed before.

Loading these into VB6 is not easy. You have to register the classes, the dll's,OCX's have ADO installed, MyODBC, SP6 for VB6.

GeorgeS

eski2
05-29-2008, 03:37 PM
I've spawned npcs and created a merchant for alchemy products using ndnet's code, your merchant tool and a bit of kludging about with excel. It's just a pain to have to hop in and out of the game to change something. still, if there's no easier way at this time, then that's the way it is. I run at 1280*1024 but i'm happy to try other resolutions.

http://users.tpg.com.au/bcaton/offscreen.jpg

This is at 1280 *1024

http://users.tpg.com.au/bcaton/offscreen1440x900.jpg

Angelox
05-29-2008, 04:32 PM
Well, I just downloaded your latest , and can tell you they are even better than what I had before, you really paid attention to small things that people need when they are working on areas of the database.
I think many new people expect to start a server and have it all running, editing npcs items, etc. with in a few hours. They go so fast, they don't even stop to read and understand the tutorials and instructions posted.
They must think your tools as some kind of "miracle construction kit" to where they can slap things together with little knowledge of what this is all about.
BtW, that spawn editor you made really rocks - I think one of the hardest things for me to deal with and understand was the relationships of all the spawn related tables. This spawn editor makes all this clear and simple.

Aramid
05-31-2008, 08:33 PM
George,

In 8.20.00 and 8.20.01 I am getting an error when trying to load the spell list editor. I can use the Show NPC Spell Set but when loading the Editor I keep getting the error 76 path not found. 7.33.01 works, which is the last one I had before D/Ling 8.20.xx

GeorgeS
06-01-2008, 12:07 AM
In the newest releases, the file resources/spells.txt now is ^ delimited

for example,

3^Summon Corpse
4^Summon Waterstone
5^Cloak
6^Ignite Blood
7^Hymn of Restoration
8^Cleanse
9^Superior Healing
10^Augmentation

make sure you copied the file from the zip.

GeorgeS

Aramid
06-01-2008, 11:47 AM
On one computer, I unzipped it in a completely new folder and on another, I overworte aqn existing and they both get the same error:
Runtime Error "76"
path not found.

The small error window says npc_loot_edit in the upper bar.
The Spells Text file is there.

GeorgeS
06-01-2008, 12:29 PM
I re-wrote it so it uses the resources/spells.txt now. Before it was looking in the everquest folder the the spell file there. I just checked and it works with the local file fine.

If you make new spells then this file needs to be recreated.

GeorgeS

Aramid
06-01-2008, 12:44 PM
Just so I am clear, you go into npc_loot_edit.exe, click on the drop down for Spell_Lists and click on Spell List Editor and you do not get an error? If not, then am I supposed to have a Spell Editor in the path that I didn't need before? As I said, it works in version 7.xx but in 8.xx I can see the Show NPC SPells List, I just can't get the SPELL EDITOR to run. That is when I get the error 76.

GeorgeS
06-01-2008, 01:59 PM
Sorry for the confusion. Download the newest version (a 1/2 hour ago) I just u/l that fixes this.

GeorgeS

Aramid
06-01-2008, 02:32 PM
Thank George, that did it.

xxarthurxx
06-05-2008, 12:18 AM
Hey George a few questions:

In the grid editor, either im not using it correctly or something but I can not get it to pull up anything... and when i try to use the search function it gives me an error and then crashes.

Also was wondering about the newest icons for items far down the list. I was wondering if there was anyway to actually use those or are they just not in the emu yet?

GeorgeS
06-05-2008, 02:52 AM
You say when you hit searchit crashes?
That can be either your db schema is different from PEQ or you
need to download my recent ODBC drivers.

Grid editor.exe (standalone app) was not modified in any way so as to break fundamental searches. It's weird. You should list your fields for grids and the entries tables so I can check against mine

There are more icons than in the game according to Cavedude, but I think you can use them as you want. Only issue, is players will not see them unless they have the dragitemxx.tga files.

GeorgeS

xxarthurxx
06-05-2008, 09:15 PM
i updated my drivers with the ones from your site, also im running off of a peq database, and when im in the table editor in the eq items program and i hit excute/load i get a "cannot initialize data bindings" error and nothing is loaded.

as for the item icons... i cant get any item icon past item_1701 to load onto the item, are all the icons past 1701 un usable or am i doing something wrong ect

trevius
06-07-2008, 03:22 AM
I hadn't really tried the grid editor until recently, so I don't know if maybe I am doing something wrong, but it seems when I do a query that I am unable to scroll from left to right to edit the fields that aren't already on the screen when the search finishes. Seems like they are locked and I wonder if this is related in some way to how columns were locked from moving the in NPC Loot Editor. Or, maybe I am just doing something wrong. I have the latest 13.9.1 version of the item editor.

GeorgeS
06-07-2008, 01:30 PM
Not sure about the item grid editor not showing all the fields. I just added a refresh function after a search to todays version, but that's probably not the problem.

What I would do is install the updated VB6 runtimes from MS

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=7B9BA261-7A9C-43E7-9117-F673077FFB3C&displaylang=en

GeorgeS

trevius
06-08-2008, 02:58 AM
I don't think my post was very clear about what the problem is. I just tried it again and found that I can scroll from left to right using arrow keys after selecting an item. The problem I see is that there is a scroll bar on the bottom and on the right, but neither have actual scrollers on them. So, I can't drag it from left to right. I can only use arrow keys.

Nothing major, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

xxarthurxx
06-19-2008, 12:28 AM
Still wondering about going past that last item, item_1701 its a broom. Was wondering if you can access any of the icons after 1701 theres a whole bunch, anyone have any info on this?

GeorgeS
06-19-2008, 12:45 AM
Sorry. just read this and looked at the program part which displays icons and found the fix.

Everquest Item Editor and Character Inventory Editor
- 13.9.3 - Added icon support for all current live icons

GeorgeS

xxarthurxx
06-19-2008, 01:20 AM
omg awesome, thank you Georges! dling the new tool now

trevius
06-24-2008, 04:23 AM
In the newest releases, the file resources/spells.txt now is ^ delimited

for example,

3^Summon Corpse
4^Summon Waterstone
5^Cloak
6^Ignite Blood
7^Hymn of Restoration
8^Cleanse
9^Superior Healing
10^Augmentation

make sure you copied the file from the zip.

GeorgeS

I hadn't tried adding a focus/worn/click effect since this change was made apparently. Trying it now, it seems like this might not be the best way to sort the list. Since the list is now sorted by ID number instead of spell number, it means I have to open the spells file in a notepad and search for the spells I need to find the ID number of it, and then scroll down to select it from the list in the item editor. I think it was better before when it was sorted alphabetically. Or, is there some other way I can search this list without having to look them up from an external source? I used to just scroll down to what I needed and select it when it was alphabetical.

And, if possible, I think it would be nice to have a simple search box on the main screen for searching for name or item ID. When searching for multiple items to edit them 1 by 1, it takes quite a while to click "Advanced", highlight the 0 and click paste the item name in, then click "SET FILTER" then "OK DONE", then "Run Queru", then select the item. It would be nice if you could just paste an item ID in there and it would automatically load it up and view it. Or, if you could search by name and it would load up the first match on the list automatically. I think this would make the tool more useful when editing multiple items and not using the grid editor.

Also, this is something that is purely cosmetic, but IMO it would be nice to swap the location of the Delete Item and Edit Item buttons. If I had my preference, I think it would be nice if they went; "Edit Item" then below that "Grid Item Edit" and at the bottom would be "Delete Item". Maybe I will get used to the way it is now, but I keep almost clicking "Delete Item".

GeorgeS
06-24-2008, 10:31 AM
Ok, thanks for the report.

I'm working on your suggestions and the new item editor will have the following added for fast item searches -

You will be able to find items by partial name %bronze%
and search for items by item#. Allowed searches by number can be delimited by a comma such as -

Found items can either be appended to or replace current main item list
There will be a button to clear the big list.

This should be done later tonight.

GeorgeS
..also changed the layout of the edit/delete buttons as suggested.
:D

GeorgeS
06-24-2008, 10:04 PM
As promised -

- 13.9.4 - Added ability to find items by either partial name or a list of comma delimited id's - Click on advanced button to access the panel

GeorgeS

xxarthurxx
06-24-2008, 10:24 PM
woot! i love you george! lol thanks again

trevius
06-25-2008, 05:47 AM
Thanks again GeorgeS. The buttons being moved seem much better IMO.

The search I was asking for was meant to be on the main screen though, instead of in Advanced. That is one thing I have always wanted since I first used your tool. Perhaps if you made the item search list slight shorter, you could put the item name and ID searches in above or below the Run Query button. The idea is to be able to search for an item name or ID with minimal clicking to increase efficiency. By having them in the advance box, it is basically the same as it was before.

And if it is possible, it would still be nice if the search could auto select the first item in the list once the search was done. That way, if you are searching by exact name or ID, it will pop right up there and be ready for editing. Just 1 less click really, but still an enhancement.

Personally, I think your NPC Editing Tool is now amazing and I can't imagine how it could get much better. The item editing tool is really nice too, but I can still think of ways to improve it some. I made a post on a pretty major overhaul for it in your section of the forums here. I know you like to get pretty much every request done, but I can certainly understand if you don't want to setup the individual Item Editing window to look like the suggestion I posted. I was just trying to think of a way to optimize that part of the tool so that the entire item could be edited quickly and easily. Also, if there is a way to have mouse-overs, I made a bunch of notes for many of the settings so people can have an idea of how to set them and what they are for without having to read through wikis to find them. If anything, maybe the list I made can come to use somehow. I think an important part of item editing is getting the fields organized so that the fields relating to each other are close together.

Oh, and I am going to edit the spell file the tool uses so that it is sorted by spell name instead of spell ID. Sorting by spell ID makes it hard to find spells without some kind of search feature for them. If you want the spell file when I am done, I can post a link to it.

LOL, one more thing; The eqitems.exe seems to hang in the processes after the application is closed out. This isn't major, but I know you fixed it in the past for some of your tools.

ChaosSlayer
06-25-2008, 01:10 PM
Personally, I think your NPC Editing Tool is now amazing and I can't imagine how it could get much better. .

it is missing a quick copy button it used to have =)
still trying to convince George to put it back in =)

GeorgeS
06-25-2008, 09:27 PM
I appreciate the responses. Some features are only a click a away and I want to keep the main screen uncluttered as possible. Certain features will be added as needed and by PM requests, other's which are a requested convenience feature will not likely be added when funcitonality exists a menu away. I may add those in at some later time.

I will fix the issue of killing all the tasks when I find the memory leak, and the spells are all delimited by "^", and that was done for all the tools and required extensive work. I forgot the reason I changed it, but it must have been important then...lol

GeorgeS

ChaosSlayer
06-25-2008, 10:07 PM
honestly George, the new way of copying SIGNLE npc is a pain.

I have to:

click the file menu on the tab
select the proper sub menu
type in beging range
type in closign range
click Use this range
clicky copy

VS
old way of:

click copy
type in id

how about this, when COPY on main pannel is clicked a WINDOW will open and ask:

1) multyple npc copies- type in how many (with range in mind)
2) single npc copy - type in range

thought again a Single Copy button on main panel will hardly clutter the interface =)

I won't mention this again so I don't seem ungrateful for everything you allready have done for us, but I hope you change your mind eventualy =)

trevius
06-25-2008, 11:12 PM
Chaos, unless I am mistaken, once you set the range, it retains that range and all NPCs copied from that point will then be placed in the next available slot in that range. That seems to make it easier than having to chose an ID every time.

Unless you are only copying 1 NPC at a time every now and then, the new way should be much more efficient. And if you are only doing one every now and then, a few extra clicks won't hurt. It is when adding multiples all in 1 sitting that the extra clicks start to build up. That is why setting the range beforehand and then that being auto-assigned is the most efficient. I haven't tried this out yet, but I believe that is how it works. If so, then that is already about as good as it can get IMO.

GeorgeS
06-25-2008, 11:18 PM
Actually that method does sound better than whats there now. Thanks for showing your workflow - I'll prioritise it now.

GeorgeS

trevius
06-25-2008, 11:27 PM
and the spells are all delimited by "^", and that was done for all the tools and required extensive work. I forgot the reason I changed it, but it must have been important then...lol

GeorgeS

LOL, if you use excel, you can make changes like this in a matter of seconds. Last night, I renamed your spells.txt file (didn't delete in case I had to roll back to it) and then took the spells_us.txt that my server runs which has about 20k lines, and converted it to replace the spells.txt in your resource directory. It took about 5 minutes. After all of the spell file work I did in the past, I learned to use textpad instead of notepad and also to use Excel when needed.

In order to convert the spells_us.txt file to the spells.txt file for your tools and to sort it alphabetically, all I had to do was open the spells_us.txt with Excel and import it as ^ delimited so that it separated the ID, Name and other columns. Next, just delete everything in columns C through HH or whatever it goes up to. Then, do a sort on column B (the name column) to sort them alphabetically. Then, just save the file as TAB delimited txt. Last, open the file up with textpad and do a replace on all TABs and change them to ^ again. Save the file and Viola!

Note that I use textpad (search google for it, it's awesome) for doing huge replaces like this because notepad takes FOREVER on the spell file lol.

trevius
06-25-2008, 11:55 PM
I appreciate the responses. Some features are only a click a away and I want to keep the main screen uncluttered as possible. Certain features will be added as needed and by PM requests, other's which are a requested convenience feature will not likely be added when funcitonality exists a menu away. I may add those in at some later time.
GeorgeS

Personally, I would move the Class/Race pull downs as well as the Weapon, Armor, Magic, ALL/ALL radio buttons to the Advanced window and replace that section on the main window with the new Name and ID search fields. With the item tables being as large as they are, those settings aren't really enough to find what you are looking for and could easily be moved to advanced to create a refined item list. But IMO, it is important to be able to search for a certain ID or Name.

I did notice that hitting the go button on the advanced window when searching for item names or IDs doesn't close the window. At first, I thought this was a bad thing, but then I found that you can keep searching for item names and instead of replacing the entire list, it just adds the newly searched item to the existing list. That feature was handy. If you ever did consider moving the item and name searches to the main screen, it would be nice to keep that feature so it adds all searches to the list. If that was the case, you might want to consider adding a clear button to clear the search list out in case it gets too full.

Sorry if I am beating this to the ground. I don't want to sound like I am nagging you to get this changed. I just wanted to let you know my take on it. I use your tools alot (almost every day) and so, things like this are pretty noticeable to me and I always aim for efficiency :) The most important factors for tools IMO are ease of use and efficiency when making a large number of changes.

ChaosSlayer
06-26-2008, 12:25 AM
Chaos, unless I am mistaken, once you set the range, it retains that range and all NPCs copied from that point will then be placed in the next available slot in that range. That seems to make it easier than having to chose an ID every time.

Unless you are only copying 1 NPC at a time every now and then, the new way should be much more efficient. And if you are only doing one every now and then, a few extra clicks won't hurt. It is when adding multiples all in 1 sitting that the extra clicks start to build up. That is why setting the range beforehand and then that being auto-assigned is the most efficient. I haven't tried this out yet, but I believe that is how it works. If so, then that is already about as good as it can get IMO.

note this: the RANGE stays the same which BAD.
know why? cuase once you copied something into that RANGE, the begining range is still the same BUT that ID slot is allreday take, and if you try to copy again- you will get "Id allready exists" error and SQL will crash =)

so logicly if range was set for 101 to 200 and then 26 npcs were copied, the range MUST self increase to 127-200 to be fool prove or self reset to default

NOW, my problem is that I make LOTS of copies of single npcs.
For emxaple, I need a copy if npc 16, 29, 97, 231, 81, 33, 77 etc etc

they ALL singles, and they ALL need to go into SPECIFIC #ID. (I may need copy of 16 in 17, copy of 231 in 91, copy of 77 in 44 etc etc)

now you realise the pain of trying to set Range for EACH single copy every time =)

PS. Oh yeah I totaly support Trev on making Spell alpha-sorted or (even better) a sort option inside the spell chosing windows by # or alpha.

IDEALY, it would be nice if I could just drop my own spell file into editor folder and programm would automaticly read from there what I have =)

trevius
06-26-2008, 12:37 AM
IDEALY, it would be nice if I could just drop my own spell file into editor folder and programm would automaticly read from there what I have =)

You can do that easily if you use the method with Excel that I mentioned above. That is exactly what I did and it took no more than 5 minutes to do.

As for the ranges you are using, that is not the way that most people add new NPCs. I am not really sure why you would want to do it that way. I just use a range that is far above anything currently in PEQ, so in case I ever wanted to add someone else's database to mine, it would make at least that portion of doing it easy without worrying about multiple of the same ID trying to overwrite each other. Like for my database, I started at 2700000, and go up from there. I am up to about 2700700 or so now. It makes it easy for me to find any of my custom NPCs when I need to look for them. Is there a particular reason why you would want to fill in NPC IDs around where the current ones from PEQ are? Sounds to me like you would be better off by a "use next available ID" like what the item editor does when creating item ID numbers.

GeorgeS
06-26-2008, 12:58 AM
Personally, I would move the Class/Race pull downs as well as the Weapon, Armor, Magic, ALL/ALL radio buttons to the Advanced window and replace that section on the main window with the new Name and ID search fields. With the item tables being as large as they are, those settings aren't really enough to find what you are looking for and could easily be moved to advanced to create a refined item list. But IMO, it is important to be able to search for a certain ID or Name.

So that I understand, do you think most people would prefer to use the new Name and ID search fields? It's a big change as you can tell - but I can do this in the next revision no problem. I'll have a go at the coding and see if I can get this to work. Should'nt be very hard - but I'll start a big revision now.

Regarding the npc editing id's , I will think the matter over some over the next few days.

GeorgeS

ChaosSlayer
06-26-2008, 01:47 AM
So that I understand, do you think most people would prefer to use the new Name and ID search fields? It's a big change as you can tell - but I can do this in the next revision no problem. I'll have a go at the coding and see if I can get this to work. Should'nt be very hard - but I'll start a big revision now.

GeorgeS

to be honest I almost NEVER use current search menu on the main panel

99% of the time I click all/all and then go into NAME LIKE "bla"

imho, the only thing what should be left on main panel are search by name or partial ID, all the rest moved inside Advanced window

this is not something i would die over, but since you asked - i support Trev on this one

ChaosSlayer
06-26-2008, 01:55 AM
You can do that easily if you use the method with Excel that I mentioned above. That is exactly what I did and it took no more than 5 minutes to do.

As for the ranges you are using, that is not the way that most people add new NPCs. I am not really sure why you would want to do it that way. I just use a range that is far above anything currently in PEQ, so in case I ever wanted to add someone else's database to mine, it would make at least that portion of doing it easy without worrying about multiple of the same ID trying to overwrite each other. Like for my database, I started at 2700000, and go up from there. I am up to about 2700700 or so now. It makes it easy for me to find any of my custom NPCs when I need to look for them. Is there a particular reason why you would want to fill in NPC IDs around where the current ones from PEQ are? Sounds to me like you would be better off by a "use next available ID" like what the item editor does when creating item ID numbers.

That becuase MOST people are not making 100% CUSTOM server =)
My Crushbone is so much diffirent from a typical Crushbone you got used to, than if you see it and your jaw don't drop- I will give you a cookie :-D

and important thing that I maintain the order where npc ID ALWAYS falls into range of Zone ID number. So everything in Qeynos Catacombs starts with 45000+

this makes tracking down npcs ULTRA easy
another thing- when I make npcs i keep them in nice organized patterns.
If there are sceletons in zone ranging from lev 1 to lev 8, then this will be put in ids like this:

45001 - lev 1 skely
45002 - lev 2 skely
45008 - lev 8 skely

Now goblisn will start from 45011 to 45020 with 2 IDs left empty on PURPOSE, cuase thats where NAMED sceletons gona go when I add them at later date.
Some tiem I on purpose leave holes in ids secuences to put into quest/named mobs as proper by type, so all goblins come in single large chunk and not scatered all over the DB =)

GeorgeS
06-26-2008, 09:12 PM
Added an update 14.0.0 which has some of the suggestions added. Spell sorting will be added next.

- 14.0.0 - Changed to search by item/id on main screen. Search by class/slot now on advanced page - These were done via requests

GeorgeS

ChaosSlayer
06-26-2008, 10:21 PM
George there seem to be some problem with version.

It seem that when say copy an item and the search again, it stats showing multiples of the same item (same name and id) even for items that allreday deleted, and tryign to search again keep showing you items that no longer exists
then after so many search clicks, a msg box pops up saying soemthign abotu must refresh, you click that, click search again and whole thing crashes

also - if posible please get rid of "%%" in the search by name menu =)
i mean put them inside the search comand but do not make us type them in if posible =)

also the LONGEST box with explanation text- could be made shorter =)
like "search by name" "search by id"

GeorgeS
06-26-2008, 11:31 PM
Ok tried to reproduce but not getting this problem.

(1) talk me thru the steps exactly so I can reproduce this
(2) Did this happen in the last vers?

GeorgeS

I'll get rid of the % %

ChaosSlayer
06-26-2008, 11:41 PM
ahh I see what is happening -you adding items to the list WIHOUT clearing it first.

search for netted
click any of netted items
edit item > click copy
search for netted - your list now DOUBLES in size!
and somewhere past that a crush will follow

basicly any time search is run the list should be cleared automaticly

re: version - it is posible i do not have the version JUST before this one, i have the one BEFORE-BEFORE-this one, and it works fine

GeorgeS
06-26-2008, 11:49 PM
Ok I fixed the problem - list is now cleared and problem goes away.

I just u/l the fixes a min ago.

I will also start adding trevius' single page edit of item.. but keep the current one for now.

GeorgeS

ChaosSlayer
06-27-2008, 12:04 AM
thanks George!

btw, any chance you could look at adding more char editing options?
stats and deity specificly (since they in a blob file inside DB I cannot get to them via sql browser)

Kayot have made a char editor a WHILE ago as part of his bigger editor (which he never truly finished and was never truly functional), and going everytime i need to edit a char kind of a pain. Perhaps you could find out from him how he did it and add that to your editor =)

this is a low priority request however

GeorgeS
06-27-2008, 12:15 AM
yes, blob editing is very possible. In fact I've also made a class to display some of the fields in the server stats program, but certainly can incorporate into the character editing part. Just need time and another 2 arms..:)

GeorgeS

Aonelyn
07-07-2008, 09:24 AM
when i use the New edit, it does not allow me to save any changes =/

any ideas?