PDA

View Full Version : mulit boxing the minilogin

unknownerrors
09-05-2006, 12:26 AM
i'm looking for a way to make the mini login check account name, matchs password for said account, and totally taking out the IP check, the only time the ip should be checked is apon login for record keeping.

basicly a public login, so it could be a feature for the public login that allows multi boxing. either or.

RangerDown
09-05-2006, 01:49 PM
You'll have to use public login. Minilogin doesn't have any functionality for matching account name/password at all.

maverick3n1
09-11-2006, 04:34 PM
Why would you say that? How do you think people log into a mini-login.. with a username and password.. you use the wrong one and you don't get on... Wouldn't that be defined as username/password matching? He wants to do just what the mini-login server is doing, and just doesn't want to limit an account to only 1 IP. Heck, even if they are on the same network, but this time they are using another computer, you shouldn't need to go in and change the IP in the mini-login screen each time they go to a different computer to play.

mattmeck
09-12-2006, 05:46 AM
Minilogin uses IP's not user / passes for login, you can enter any user / pass and it will still log you into the account attatched to your IP.

fathernitwit
09-12-2006, 01:45 PM
login/password is encrypted... minilogin does not have crypto. period. End of story.

there were some hacks done for public login in the past using the ciphered text as an "auth block", but its not likely to be put into minilogin. Just use public login and get over it.

abaddon
09-13-2006, 02:40 AM
ok question, is there a public server release? I ask this because I setup using minilogin and it works just fine, but I wanted to TRY the public server for the house lan and well it doesnt load zones and I seem to recall seeing that public server isnt supported...

Aramid
09-13-2006, 05:32 AM
ok question, is there a public server release? I ask this because I setup using minilogin and it works just fine, but I wanted to TRY the public server for the house lan and well it doesnt load zones and I seem to recall seeing that public server isnt supported...

When you tried to use the public server, did you remove minilogin from the Login Type in your Database under the Variables Table?

Also, did you then add eqemulator.net as the login server using port 5998 in the xml file?