PDA

View Full Version : Infamous: Ability Recovery Time Not Yet Met

InsaneWallaby
09-07-2006, 05:07 PM
Hey folks,

I've noticed in the past people complaining about certain skills, such as kick, taunt, bash, forage, track, and whatnot popping back up, but not being ready. People beat them around, and most of the posts I saw had many thinking it was a synchronization problem between the buttons and the actual skill, or something strange like that. Oddly enough, I can't seem to find those posts now, but that does not matter. Anyways, I've been tearing up droga like an angry dragon with a goblin-chewing lawnmower, and noticed that I did not have any of these problems that I previously had...UNTIL looting a corpse, that is. I have not been looting corpses since my droga goblin database is junked up with the loot tables. Once I looted a corpse, though, I had temporary problems with my timers working correctly on my buttons.

So, in other words, I think the skills are fine. Somewhere in the loot code, though, there is something that is either resetting button times or making those timers hang during the loot. I'm not sure if this problem has been addressed completely or not, but with the 08-22 version of EqEmu, I'm still getting the hangs, and I believe that looting is the source of the problem. So, this might be a new spot for you to look at.

A good trial is this--slaughter something with a ranger, loot it, and then track or forage directly afterwards. Forage has a longer window for this message to occur.

Also, I've noticed that my divine aura line of spells would not always reset properly, and would appear ready, but would not cast. Perhaps looting has something to do with this problem, as well? I will look into it.

Edit: This also occurs after buying AA points and shopping. Perhaps it is the whole deal with the window popup?