PDA

View Full Version : My Bug List

maverick3n1
09-08-2006, 04:22 PM
Player Interaction:

Trading money with another player makes the money disapear from the source player's inventory, however it is not actually received by the target player. It works for items correctly however. I've only tried this with platinum so far.

Selling Items:

When selling item number 3600 to an npc that stated he would buy the item for 75plat, after transaction was completed, I received 106 plat.

Buying items:

When buying spells from a vendor, it automatically defaults to purchasing a quantity of 20, when I only want to buy one. In addition, If I click ok to the QTY of 20, it charges me the cost of 20, but only puts one in my inventory.

InsaneWallaby
09-08-2006, 05:56 PM
First one has been noticed already by a fair amount of the population. If you're curious, I believe that the money shows up after zoning.

The second one happens with all items, really, and has also been noted (by me, actually, since I'm a money whore). Charisma is bugged terribly--it doesn't take effect at all like it should when making transactions. Furthermore, sell prices sell incorrectly from the price the vendors state by going over what they state. Since charisma doesn't work, I gladly accept the bug for the time being.

I believe that the third has been noted, as well. However, since you still have the choice to buy one spell, and usually just want to buy one, I think it has taken somewhat of a back-burner position to the more important bugs existing within either the database or the coding (such as AAs), so I'm not sure how soon it will be fixed.

maverick3n1
09-08-2006, 06:46 PM
I'd assume the third bug would be a fairly simple fix (for someone who's more familiar with the code/dbase that is). I'd imagine it's a single key that needs to be inputed to tell it that default is 1 instead of 20.. oh well =P

vales
09-08-2006, 09:33 PM
If you want to buy one item, hold ctrl and buy the item. Just like picking up one item from a stack. Holding shift and buying buys the whole stack of twenty. Same goes for selling as well.

So far it works for me this way and it shows as a quantity of twenty right when I finish purchasing the items.

Sakrateri
09-09-2006, 12:55 AM
btw , defaulting to a stack of twenty is also the way it is on live , and what a pain in the arse it is . so I dont think this is a bug .

fathernitwit
09-11-2006, 02:17 AM
the selling price thing is a result of the server formula being off.. The client does its own calculation and thats what it displays, once you click buy/sell, we are on our own to calculate the price, and thats where we mess up. Somebody would have to research the sell price formula as a function of item fields (lucy) and player attributes. Then we can fix this problem.

John Adams
09-11-2006, 03:17 PM
FNW, are you referring to better prices for CHA or favorable factions, so the price differs for each sale/purchase?

fathernitwit
09-12-2006, 01:46 PM
im referencing everything related to price determination, including but not limited to what you mentioned.

abaddon
09-13-2006, 02:37 AM
hmm see, I dont have any of the problems mentioned above on my server, I am running CaveDude's 3.52 and the .845 pack but I didnt do the internal SQL updates mentioned in the changelog.

some problems I *am* having however is the aggro system didnt kick in until I started randomly zoning one day at lvl 8 and bumped into a drachnid in the dreadlands, then all of a sudden the aggro system started to kick in. also there are a LOT of spells that while they are in the database, and you can GET them, when you attempt to cast them, or you look up thier information, they come up as Unknown... this is especially common in the Necromancer/ShadowKnight spelltables.

another error I found is some of the zones will load up but while I have my menus all well and fine the actual zone graphics (background etc) is just flat black... (this might be my EQ install though).

all in all everything works pretty damn good though, I am not complaining *grins*

Aramid
09-13-2006, 05:36 AM
hmm see, I dont have any of the problems mentioned above on my server, I am running CaveDude's 3.52 and the .845 pack but I didnt do the internal SQL updates mentioned in the changelog.

If you are running 845 and didn't do the sql updates from the changelog as you said above, then it wouldn't run.... and it would tell you that any and all zones were not available... :rolleyes: