PDA

View Full Version : Anti-teleporting?

maverick3n1
09-11-2006, 04:13 PM
I was considering using OZ and making my own zone or series of zones. There are some things I want to do however, and I'm not sure if they can be done without serious modification. Let me give you an idea of what I'm looking to do to make it easier for you to understand why they need to be done this way.

If anyone knows much about AD&D, my basis of the zone was off of a town called Ravenloft. Ravenloft isn't on the prime material plane. It's sort of like it's own little world. Those who enter this place are trapped for all eternity, and very few are ever able to make it out. It feeds off of your life force, and the more evil you are, the more it takes notice to you. It's like a living, breathing entity.

Anyone who has actually made it out of Ravenloft, has made it out through some insanely difficult task, one of which usually ended up wiping out entire parties, and maybe 1 person survived to escape.

For the above reasons, ALL teleport spells (other than teleport spells that teleport you to a safe spot, or bind point which at zone in, I would set it to autobind you in the city). I would then have a series of quests that need to be accomplished to escape Ravenloft, and if you manage to succeed in all of the quests, you will be rewarded with a quest activated teleport out.

So I need to be able to disable those above spells JUST for the Ravenloft section of the game, but the quest still needs to be able to teleport the player out of the zone. Can the above be done with simple changes in code? Or are there serious changes required to possibly get it to work that way?

mattmeck
09-11-2006, 04:17 PM
The load zone is sometimes used as a jail because teliport spells dont work, but #zone does.

I am not sure whats diferent about those zones but its a place for you to start.

maverick3n1
09-11-2006, 04:29 PM
while teleport spells don't work in there, can an NPC teleport you in and out still? The NPC technically has full GM access, and therefor can #zone a player, right?

GeorgeS
09-12-2006, 04:20 PM
The question is whether in the perl lexicon there's a zone player command.
See if anything here helps.

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=18208

John Adams
09-13-2006, 01:01 AM
I am 99% certain that I once wrote a test quest script that if you said a particular phrase to an NPC, he would port you away somewhere. It was just testing, learning the quest commands. I think it was quest::movepc(zoneid, x, y, z). I am only 1% certain this failed, and I just imagine it worked. Give that a try.

As for disabling teleport spells to other zones, that I am not sure of. You are likely looking at a code change, unless like stated the load zone logic just prohibits spells at all? Sounds like a cool concept though.

Aramid
09-13-2006, 05:42 AM
Yes, the quest::movepc (zoneid, x, y, z); will work. If it's a group of people, quest::movegrp(zoneid, x, y, z); . Set it up so they have to hand in something in order to get Teleported to another Zone.