PDA

View Full Version : Almost Working...

arew264
09-12-2006, 03:02 PM
Well, my server is almost working, but, now that my db has been updated (don't think I missed anything), I have the problem that people can't jump or learn spells, etc. I think this is because the energy/stamina/whatever bar below the health bar is perpetually empty (I am not familiar with the client, but a friend who is helping me noticed this). What s going on here? Did I miss a database update in the changelog?

arew264
09-13-2006, 12:56 PM
An update, just found that, even with an account's status set to 200, no gm commands work. At all. I also have no addon.ini file anywhere (maybe outdated, but I dunno). Is this related?

John Adams
09-14-2006, 03:03 AM
What's in your Commands table? If it's the default settings, GM commands should work down to level 20 or so (not all, but some). I have all my players at 150, and they can do everything but take down my world.

arew264
09-14-2006, 02:09 PM
Well, that table is empty. No records. At all. Anyonegot a dump of it that I can use?

Angelox
09-14-2006, 10:34 PM
Seems like you haven't properly sourced your database, is all I can think of - maybe go over it again? (the database part)

Aramid
09-15-2006, 12:36 AM
My Commands table is empty as well, but my # commands all work fine. Isn't that an Override table? All the # commands are hard coded into the code as fas as I thought...

0 Normal
10 * Steward *
20 * Apprentice Guide *
50 * Guide *
80 * QuestTroupe *
81 * Senior Guide *
85 * GM-Tester *
90 * EQ Support *
95 * GM-Staff *
100 * GM-Admin *
150 * GM-Lead Admin *
160 * QuestMaster *
170 * GM-Areas *
180 * GM-Coder *
200 * GM-Mgmt *
250 * GM-Impossible *

command_add("bind","Sets your targets bind spot to their current location",200,command_bind) ||
command_add("sendop","[opcode] - LE's Private test command, leave it alone",200,command_sendop) ||
command_add("optest","solar's private test command",255,command_optest) ||
command_add("setstat","Sets the stats to a specific value.",255,command_setstat) ||
command_add("incstat","Increases or Decreases a client's stats command_add("log","- Search character event log",80,command_log) ||
command_add("gm","- Turn player target's or your GM flag on or off",80,command_gm) ||
command_add("summon","[charname] - Summons your player/npc/corpse target, or charname if specified",80,command_summon) ||
command_add("zone","[zonename] [x] [y] [z] - Go to specified zone (coords optional)",50,command_zone) ||
command_add("showbuffs","- List buffs active on your target or you if no target",50,command_showbuffs) ||
command_add("movechar","[charname] [zonename] - Move charname to zonename",50,command_movechar) ||
command_add("viewpetition","[petition number] - View a petition",20,command_viewpetition) ||
command_add("petitioninfo","[petition number] - Get info about a petition",20,command_petitioninfo) ||
command_add("delpetition","[petition number] - Delete a petition",20,command_delpetition) ||
command_add("listnpcs","[name/range] - Search NPCs",20,command_listnpcs) ||
command_add("zone","[zonename] [x] [y] [z] - Go to specified zone (coords optional)",50,command_zone) ||

as you can see from above. This is taken from command.cpp.

Angelox
09-15-2006, 01:08 AM
My Commands table is empty as well, but my # commands all work fine. Isn't that an Override table? All the # commands are hard coded into the code as fas as I thought...

Yea, you're right - I wasn't thinking.
Usually what happens is, they don't see all the directions and resort to asking first. there's many reasons for his problems, he just needs to search for them.
I guess everyone starts here with the same questions , I know I did. The trick is to learn how to search these forums and the Wiki.

arew264
09-15-2006, 09:22 AM
Well, I have been searching for somewhere near a week and have nothing. It basically comes down to:
nothing works except movement

and I haven't seen anyone else with this problem. Redled the db and reloaded it - again, and still no. I'm really frustrated here.

Angelox
09-15-2006, 10:42 AM
what version database and eqemu binarys are you using?

arew264
09-15-2006, 04:09 PM
Well, I have the PEQ Lulin RC1 db and EQemu 0.7.0-845.

Angelox
09-15-2006, 10:16 PM
Have you checked the logs in your /eqemu/logs directory? Maybe you can get an idea of what the problem is there -

arew264
09-16-2006, 07:13 AM
Think I found it... compiling:
mysql_config:command not found
Somehow I missed that. I'll add it in and recompile.

arew264
09-16-2006, 08:05 AM
That was caused because I changed versions of mysql and had to put the new executables in the PATH. Anyway, now I found that it never compiled to begin with, it ended on the error:
eqemucollector: file not found

I guess this is the eqemu packet collector, and does not come by default. Can I simply remove the line from the makefile, or do I need to get it?
Also, the next line:
make -c eqextractor
also has no matching file/folder. Do I need to get this as well?

arew264
09-16-2006, 09:32 AM
Well, I had forgotten to copy the spells_us.txt files into it. It works great now.

RexChaos
09-18-2006, 12:49 AM
Well, I had forgotten to copy the spells_us.txt files into it. It works great now.

As you have this working on Linux, can you take a look at the "official" How-To and see what might need to be updated?

I'm interested in getting things up and running on Linux as well. I dumped Microsoft over a year ago for Ubuntu Linux. :) I've been happy since. Heh