PDA

View Full Version : [Spells.us] Mysql CC does not update

bufferofnewbies
09-18-2006, 11:41 PM
Disclaimer: I'm not even sure if this is the correct section to post in, as it seems to be a mysql bug and not an emu error.

I noticed while trying to change pet spells to require no components for my players, that while the dbase itself appears updated after changeing it around. The MSQLCC program does not actually write the information to the spells.us file.

I would get the 'no component found' message until I changed them manually with the Replace function in Wordpad program. Replace (item number) with a -1, btw for those who did not know.

sorry if this was noted before, as my searches did not come up with any similar errors and this may even be limited to my server setup for some reason. Just a heads-up for any who encounter similiar spell change bugs. By the way: This was tested with a complete restart each time i changed the file.. server + mysql was completely restarted, to ensure information wasnt being stored somewhere by default during my tests.

mattmeck
09-19-2006, 02:46 AM
mysqlcc updates the sql server it has nothing at all to do with text files, so it is doing what it is designed to do.

bufferofnewbies
09-19-2006, 04:28 AM
ahh, my bad. I assumed it was reading from the file for its information, and based on that I was guessing it was supposed to change it when dBase was changed.

Im still very new to all of this, only got back into setting up an emu reciently.

Magefeu
09-19-2006, 07:19 PM
Hello,

The only easy way I found to edit a lot of spells at the same time is to import the spells_us.txt in excel. (Use auto filters for sorting the spell names , change the spell class level ect...)

Then save it as an excel file and import everything with navicat to a NEW mysql table.

Finaly export DB with navicat as a Spells_us.txt using ^ as field delimiter...