PDA

View Full Version : On cash in Loottables

Angelox
09-19-2006, 12:06 PM
One thing I noticed when I started with eqemu, the looted cash was way too high, not to mention a lot of item-drops also in exageration.
I remember when I first started on EQ Live years ago, I was really in need for any CP's, or SP's that dropped - Having a few GP's was a lot - and a few PP in the bank was a big deal. Those were the days! I collected and sold anything I found (rusty swords, cloth boots etc). This, in a big way, is what makes the game so interesting. Once you get bogged down with plat and start leaving loots laying around everywhere, the game will start to change for you, and times like these will be lost.
I think it really is a big mistake to make large sums of cash-loot available at the start of the game, and also too many high-priced sellable items.
I plan to go through all these loots and make them more reasonable.

GeorgeS
09-19-2006, 03:23 PM
I too had to fix this a few days ago. In the loottable table change avgcoin to =0 and make sure no large maxcash values exist.
Otherwise lootdrops are crazy and in many cases you will loot 32K plat every time. I fixed this in my npc loot editor and D2 loot editor.

Not sure in your case, but this fixed the crazy plat drops.

GeorgeS

John Adams
09-20-2006, 12:17 PM
Angelox, there's a few things wrong with not only loot, but spawns too - and I think it's because that detail was not "finely tuned" to match Live all at once. Probably on a case-by-case basis. I have seen the loot drops being bad (items like Epic drops that should drop 100% of the time being "averaged" with 10 other items, so it only drops 10% of the time [Ixiblat]). Regarding spawns, there are groups of mobs that should all spawn together, yet I see again they are "balanced" so 5 mobs that should all pop together only pop on a 20% chance.

While it's mostly a great system that is fully playable and enjoyable, one could spend months tweaking all these values to match Live even more. Not sure most of us have that time. I keep "fixing" the Nexus, then stupidly sourcing over my fixes with new databases. Next time, I'll save and share the fixes first.