PDA

View Full Version : The disapearing hair routine

maverick3n1
09-23-2006, 08:48 AM
I found a thread about 2 years old in regards to hair etc.. and I have the problem presently with hair disapearing. Was this ever fixed?

John Adams
09-23-2006, 09:58 AM
Nope. I myself have no problems, since I am a cat, and am hairy all over ;)

But my buddy is a human monk, and whines all the time about losing his beard. Others lose a lot more than that. Got a link to that old thread? Might jog a few memories.

Aramid
09-23-2006, 01:27 PM
That old link would probably be pre-Titanium anyway and wouldn't apply.

CrabClaw
09-23-2006, 03:56 PM
I have had the same problem, but there is a fix, but not optimal. Some hirs styles stick, It seems that the third or second ones actually stay after you log or zone. For example Human Female Braid, Barbarian Female Braid, Human Male Long Hair, and the colors save for these styles also. Maybe the index isnt being set right or some opcode for the first couple hair selections is wrong? (Forgive me for guessing :) )

Maybe I should go throgh the list of each model and see what sticks and what doesn't? There seems to be a pattern.

A quick zoning test(y/n if the style stays - Human Female):
HF Short Y
HF Long N
HF Braid Y
HF Bald Y

maverick3n1
09-24-2006, 04:50 AM
It's wierd, because the hair shows properly on char selection screen, but it's always bald in game...

abaddon
09-27-2006, 04:04 AM
I should be so lucky, I cant get hair to show ingame or during character select...

I am curious though, does it have to do with luclin? I never patched luclin (hadnt realized I had to select it during the download) and well my computers dont have a net connection so I dont get that chance too often...

(you ask... where am I now? work... no can do from work)

Magefeu
09-27-2006, 04:32 AM
If you are playing with titanium you are using luclin models...

EQ Luclin has already ugly graphics (they were exceptionnal when luclin came out...) but with the old models... damn you would wonder if a 486DX66 would be enough to play EQ :p

abaddon
09-27-2006, 04:35 AM
yeah I am not exactly using titanium *smirks* I wont go into it, but lets say I am using 6.2 (not exactly, but well... pffft) I hate secret societies